Sponsored by:

Beware of oncomming Lotus!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2000, 08:45 PM
GRANT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

This Saturday was out with the wife and 3 kids on our way to relatives,in the wife's Space Wagon
We were travelling along the M25 from Watford towards juntion 9 and had been folling this nice new Lotus Elise.
At juntion 9 we both turned off and headed in the same direction towards Banstead.

About 300m after the lights leading of the M25 the road bends quite sharply round to the left.

Now it had been raining quite hard and I was keeping a way back from the Lotus, but as he reached the apex of the bend he lost it.
I just saw the back of the car swing out and as I rounded the corner saw the Lotus finishing two 360 turns and heading back in our direction.

Luckly at this point I had slowed right down and narrowly avoided hitting him.

He then did what I can only asume was a handbrake turn ,overtook us and headed of down the road at some speed.Never to be seen again.

Now he was obviously going to fast, fair enough we all have done that at some time or another, but what he did next was bloody stupid.

And before you ask no I did not take down the reg was more concerned for the kids who had the fright of their lives.

That was to close a call.

Grant
Old 03 October 2000, 10:42 AM
wall
Scooby Regular

Glad you guys were ok, but as a new Elise 111s owner I can understand what happened. On the dry the 111s outhandles any car I've had, including the Turbo, STI and S3, but on the wet it demands far more respect and quite slower entry speeds into a corner, and a light right foot coming out! Or else you better be VERY good. Which this (dare I say...muppet?) obviously wasn't.
At least nobody was hurt / no cars damaged.

Wall

[This message has been edited by wall (edited 03 October 2000).]
Old 03 October 2000, 01:15 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Angry

GRANT

Glad you're all ok. Sounds like you were pretty lucky. It's just what we need - another low performance driver in a high performance car, driving like nutters.

The fact that even after losing it and almost crashing into an oncoming car, that they again roared off makes them total morons. So much for learning a lesson from a close call - I guess some people don't learn until its too late.

Rant over.