Sponsored by:

Close shave with the boys in blue

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2005, 11:50 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close shave with the boys in blue

Driving out of Ockley A29, and it opens up intot the A24 Dual carrige way on a 60 limit. I overtook a van so I could get past him then pull intot the inside lade, I must of hit about 75 with a short blip on the throttel........I see in my rear coming like a bat out of hell a cop car.$$$$$$$$$ I thought, so took it back asap to 60 and they trailed me for 2 niles, thought they were going to stop me at any time.
They didn't but was certain they wre going to. I guess they were trailing me and doing a check on the vehicle.
My eyes are wide open at all times in the scoob but did not see them coming.
Old 21 November 2005, 03:12 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had the same thing the other night, going down the open Dock road in Liverpool, no children or dogs out at 1am and could see clearly in front, pusing 50 as I hit the roundabout and met a copper coming t'uther way
he shot round the roundabout and right up my ***, I wasn't sure of speed so stuck to 30 followed me for about 5 miles and then cut off. Go to the next lights and a gang of lads in a chaved up Astra where laughin at me for goin so slow. Soon showed them Had visions of them being undercover
Old 21 November 2005, 09:28 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The Docks Road is a thirty limit as far as Im aware, despite it being like a ghost town.
Old 21 November 2005, 12:44 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

Hi Pimmo,
I know the feeling mate. Does not matter how cool you feel in your machine, when you tailed for going a wee bit too quick you become a little concerned. He must of been doing a check on the phone as he tailed you?
Old 21 November 2005, 03:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

30 is it ? Oh well it felt SOOOO slow!!
Really expected him to pull me over, as yet I've not been pulled in the Turbo scoob

Touch wood
Old 21 November 2005, 03:36 PM
Isoproturon
Scooby Regular

If a car catches my attention whilst on patrol, I will turn round and follow it to see what it is up to, and most likely run a PNC check on it (via the radio, not the phone).
Old 21 November 2005, 03:42 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Isoproturon
If a car catches my attention whilst on patrol, I will turn round and follow it to see what it is up to, and most likely run a PNC check on it (via the radio, not the phone).
ahh so it was you

My brother was with me and he said there just being *******s.. I said well I hope they continue to be *******s if it gets robbed

See I know whats good for me
Old 21 November 2005, 04:12 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
30 is it ? Oh well it felt SOOOO slow!!
Really expected him to pull me over, as yet I've not been pulled in the Turbo scoob

Touch wood
You live a lot closer than me, but Im sure it is. There was a chase down the Docks Road on Police Stop! too; for anyone who remembers. I converted those to DVD the other day, I might watch whilst Im working...

Simon
Old 21 November 2005, 04:14 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
You live a lot closer than me, but Im sure it is. There was a chase down the Docks Road on Police Stop! too; for anyone who remembers. I converted those to DVD the other day, I might watch whilst Im working...

Simon
Is it online by any chance ??

As for the speed, I was looking out most of the way and couldn't spot a sign, assumed 40, but wasn't risking it with the plod behind me
Old 21 November 2005, 04:23 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It was 30 mph limit when they made the video.... into city where you can see the Liver building in the distance. You can buy the video on t'eBay for a pound or two but I havent seen it anywhere else. It wasnt ever available on DVD.

Simon
Old 21 November 2005, 05:28 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Default Oh dear....

(If a car catches my attention whilst on patrol, I will turn round and follow it to see what it is up to, and most likely run a PNC check on it (via the radio, not the phone).)

Coppers everywhere! watch what you type guys!.... they will nick their own family for a few bonus points....

I know some.... some i went to school with......went from friends to nasty bits of work!
Remember slater from only fools and horses....... had to based on a real person...
Just my 2p....
Old 21 November 2005, 06:17 PM
TurboMav
BANNED

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
(If a car catches my attention whilst on patrol, I will turn round and follow it to see what it is up to, and most likely run a PNC check on it (via the radio, not the phone).)

Coppers everywhere! watch what you type guys!.... they will nick their own family for a few bonus points....

I know some.... some i went to school with......went from friends to nasty bits of work!
Remember slater from only fools and horses....... had to based on a real person...
Just my 2p....
Bo!!ox, don't tar every1 with the same brush
Old 21 November 2005, 06:24 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Isoproturon
HI mate,
I spoke to a ex policeman last night and he said there were just doing a PNC check, sometimes it make take a little while during busy times to get the car info.
He reckons they were not tailing me for the little burst of speed that I did and they could see that I pulled into the slow and took heed of the 60 limit. I know they saw me overtake and exceeding the limit by 15 mph, this was for a 7 second burst that I think I may have gone over the speed limit. What are your learned thoughts on this my firend?
Thanks in advance.
PS. If I ever get pulled and they do the check on me I will thank them for checking it!
Old 21 November 2005, 06:46 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Default LOL....LOL

What a small world you guys live in.....

Just remember my wise words when you get a knock on the door......

They have files on things called Non reportable offecnes... usually sorted by reg number, when they get enougth info on you througth people phoning up and whinging coz they have just been over taken by some nutter in a scooby reg bla bla bla , then they will hound you, pull you over and look for the smallest thing they can to give you some sort of ticket...
I've had them come round and get me up out of bed, to have a chat coz someone, or some poeple have phoned up coz i have over taken them "at speed" when they were doing 45 mph and "it scared me so much officer" bollox...Have i ever been charged with any offence? no, because i dont commit any...if they had 1 single piece of evedience they would charge me....Still yet i get pulled over, and i'm sure i'll still have another vist from a freindly bobby(yeah right) to tell me to watch my speed coz i'm upsetting people etc etc etc...

**** them,,,,,
I pay my road tax insurance mot etc, i pay my tax
I dont ring ring the police up when a porsche or tvr or ferrari overtakes me i think wow cool car....
Why is it someone driving a citroen etc doing 45 mph should have to ring up the plod and complain coz they were overtaken(at speed)bollox
And what give the police the right to hound me?

My rant over....

Last edited by suffolkdar; 21 November 2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 21 November 2005, 06:51 PM
Neutral Cruiser
Scooby Regular

Just my 2p....
That seemed cynical but they're wise words in my opinion. I know a cop who was with his mates in the golf club house and when one of them left, he was straight on the phone to one of his colleages. His 'friend' got a nice ban for being slightly over. Sneaky c***!
Old 21 November 2005, 07:04 PM
Isoproturon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magicdudey
HI mate,
I spoke to a ex policeman last night and he said there were just doing a PNC check, sometimes it make take a little while during busy times to get the car info.
He reckons they were not tailing me for the little burst of speed that I did and they could see that I pulled into the slow and took heed of the 60 limit. I know they saw me overtake and exceeding the limit by 15 mph, this was for a 7 second burst that I think I may have gone over the speed limit. What are your learned thoughts on this my firend?
Thanks in advance.
PS. If I ever get pulled and they do the check on me I will thank them for checking it!
All I will say is that following vehicles and observing driver behaviour (just one example) is a way of preventing and detecting crime - drink drivers for example... You tend to get a feeling about certain cars and/or how they are driven - you're not always right, but quite often a stop will reveal someone with no insurance/licence/MOT etc. and that is just down to having a hunch that something is not quite right.

Obviously in your case they were just checking you out and let you on your way without stopping you, can't say fairer than that, surely ?
Old 21 November 2005, 07:33 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I remember a couple of months back in the Z3, pulled on to the A34 S bound from the M4.

Looked into my rear view to see a sillver grey Vectra about 300m behind me, caining it. I think to myself, he's going quick! so decide to hang back on the accelerator, sure enough it's an unmarked car.

So I stick to the speed limit, papping myself and readying my excuse for my transgression. I pull off onto the A4 to see if they follow, yep, I think here we go. So I carry on driving into Newbury sticking to 29mph.

At this point, I'm overtaken by some monkey brain on a sports bike who then accelerates up the road to stupid speeds.

Plod behind me quickly loses interest in me and in desperation to catch the biker, forces me and oncoming traffic into the curb (doesn't sound siren or use lights either)

I was so mad I was going to phone and complain to W Berks police for their officers almost forcing me to crash, but couldn't be arsed.
Old 21 November 2005, 08:40 PM
irisheric
Scooby Newbie

ive got the greatest respect for our law inforcement chaps but at the end of the day its" them against us"us being the law abiding majority and them whose job it is to fill the government coffers,and their is allways a bad apple in the sack,
personally i wouldent do their job for all the apples in gleebenslaben(-simpsons)
Old 21 November 2005, 08:52 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Default lol, lol,lol

Round my way if you're not very bright you get a job on a farm, you muck out pigs..or milk cows at 4:30 in the morning......
If you are a bit smarter than the avarage low life you get to drive a tractor(like ****,towing all sorts of stuff bigger than a house with either no lights, or so many lights you dazzle everyone in a 3 mile radius) while the farmer who pays you £2.50 an hour pays little insurance, no road tax, no mots etc and has thousands of pounds of subs paid into his bank account by the goverment for doing nothing......

If however mucking out pigs and milking cows is a bit much for you(so driving a tractor in a straight line will be), the only choice those people have is to join the police.......

Took a while but think i've made my point!

Last edited by suffolkdar; 21 November 2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 21 November 2005, 10:28 PM
SimonGawthorpe
Scooby Regular

Round my way if you're not very bright you get a job on a farm, you muck out pigs..or milk cows at 4:30 in the morning......
If you are a bit smarter than the avarage low life you get to drive a tractor(like ****,towing all sorts of stuff bigger than a house with either no lights, or so many lights you dazzle everyone in a 3 mile radius) while the farmer who pays you £2.50 an hour pays little insurance, no road tax, no mots etc and has thousands of pounds of subs paid into his bank account by the goverment for doing nothing......

If however mucking out pigs and milking cows is a bit much for you(so driving a tractor in a straight line will be), the only choice those people have is to join the police.......

Took a while but think i've made my point!
Who let the loser in? Where do you get this distorted view of the world? What makes you think you can lecture people about things you actually know nothing about?! (im referring to your earlier post) If you rang the Police and reported something you didnt like, wouldn't you expect them to go and see the other party involved. If several people have reported your driving technique then maybe there is something wrong with it!?!

Bet your a great laugh down the pub. Do you have any mates to discuss these interesting points with or do you just come on here and talk cr*p?

Si (my point didnt take so long)

Last edited by SimonGawthorpe; 21 November 2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: change of words!!
Old 22 November 2005, 08:39 AM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Default lol,

Yes officer and thanks for the ticket
Old 22 November 2005, 12:53 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Driving out of Ockley A29, and it opens up intot the A24 Dual carrige way on a 60 limit. I overtook a van so I could get past him then pull intot the inside lade, I must of hit about 75 with a short blip on the throttel........I see in my rear coming like a bat out of hell a cop car.$$$$$$$$$ I thought, so took it back asap to 60 and they trailed me for 2 niles, thought they were going to stop me at any time.
They didn't but was certain they wre going to. I guess they were trailing me and doing a check on the vehicle.
My eyes are wide open at all times in the scoob but did not see them coming.
I suspect the point is that you did see them otherwise it'd be another "how many points for xx(x) mph in a NSL" thread.

I had similar years ago but then had to crawl through a town with the police car wombling along behind me. So relieved when chose to leave town in a different direction.

J.
Old 22 November 2005, 01:05 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neutral Cruiser
That seemed cynical but they're wise words in my opinion. I know a cop who was with his mates in the golf club house and when one of them left, he was straight on the phone to one of his colleages. His 'friend' got a nice ban for being slightly over. Sneaky c***!
So a drunk driver got nabbed? Good.
Old 22 November 2005, 07:28 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Driving out of Ockley A29, and it opens up intot the A24 Dual carrige way on a 60 limit.
lovely bit of road that sweeping bend going into a slight hill dual carriageway mmmmmmmmmmm i always stick to the legal limit occaisionally going to 75 to overtake vans 2

p.s the cafe that is just around that bend behind the van shop is bloody lovely
(and the young lady that serves there has lubbly jubblies)

Last edited by pauly; 22 November 2005 at 07:32 PM.