Sponsored by:

MY06WRX Test Drive Report

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2005, 07:20 PM
compshack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY06WRX Test Drive Report

Had an invitation from Kendal Subaru to test drive the new 2.5l wrx. Being a polite chap I took them up on the offer. Well you would wouldn't you?
Got there a bit early but the last thrasher, er... test drive pilot had just left so I got in early.
The front of the car I actually like now and the new wheels look the part.

Turbo lag is now non existant, pulling away from the layby the sales man had parked in and the pull from the new 2.5l engine was strong. It had only 310 miles on the clock but it felt lively and light in response - very easy to drive and a great driving position. I was really taken aback by the performance, I'm used to Sti's but this WRX was really ticking all the right boxes. After driving for a few miles on the A6 up to Shap, a great road for this car, I could hardly think what this car will be like when the Prodrive pack fitted, it'll be frightening. And this is only the WRX!
The handling was also impressive giving me more and more confidence at every corner I came to, even though it was near freezing the car felt solid on all the twisties.
All in all, a suberb car, interior is the same as the new 05 forester with the centre panel having the rotary multifunction dials for the air and heater.

They've offered me a drive in the new Sti in a fortnight. I can't wait!