Sponsored by:

Anyone dealt with Olympian?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2005, 05:02 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone dealt with Olympian?

Has anyone dealt with Olympian in Poole, Dorset. A mate of mine has got me a good deal on PPP and I was just wondering if anyone had any reports.

How do I know they are fitting the correct chip/exhaust etc. I am so paranoid about any dealer and especially when spending so much money.

Thanks
Old 19 November 2005, 05:21 PM
simplesteve
Scooby Regular

Post Re: Olympian

RJL...

As far as I am aware Olympian lost the Subaru franchise a few months back - don't know why though. I just went up there one day and the salesman told me they no longer sold Scoobs. Think they were going Fiat or something. Not sure if they are still servicing Scoobs or not though. Never had any work done on mine up there though so I couldn't say what their work was like. Nearest official dealer now is Sparshatts in Botley.

Steve
Old 19 November 2005, 05:47 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve,

I am due to get PPP fitted there next Saturday. On the Subaru official website it has them down as a parts and service dealer only. Anyone else know anything?

Thanks

Rich
Old 19 November 2005, 06:13 PM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

There is a thread on here regarding Olympians loss of dealer status. I gather Olympian didn't feel it viable to splash out on a new showroom given the income they were receiving... try doing a search.

They are however continuing to service Subarus in their existing facilities, just like I did back in September. To say I am disatisfied would not do it justice, from the lack of seat covers, a wash and the clouds of smoke pouring out from under the bonnet it was a poor show.

I'd be giving them a wide berth.
Old 19 November 2005, 06:30 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Cheers. Can they really make a bad job on fitting PPP?

I got a real good deal on the price but am not so sure now!!!

Keep the comments coming fellas
Old 19 November 2005, 06:36 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RJL_WRX05
Has anyone dealt with Olympian in Poole, Dorset. A mate of mine has got me a good deal on PPP and I was just wondering if anyone had any reports.

How do I know they are fitting the correct chip/exhaust etc. I am so paranoid about any dealer and especially when spending so much money.

Thanks
one word, useless
took my03 in for its 10000 service i suplied my own oil, not sure if they put it in but they didnt give back what should have been left and they spilt oil over the engine which made smoke come out of everywhere under the bonet after a good hour of driving untill it burst totaly off which was a few days, not a nice smell in the car for the kids, take it to sparr shatts they were great with me.
i have still been getting mail from olympian asking me to get my subaru serviced with them and lots of other sh*t.

Last edited by explore; 19 November 2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 19 November 2005, 07:00 PM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

Explore, looks like the same mupet filled my oil! Indeed Sparshats have an astounding reputation and are only over at Southampton I understand?

Trending Topics

Old 19 November 2005, 07:06 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nixon
Explore, looks like the same mupet filled my oil! Indeed Sparshats have an astounding reputation and are only over at Southampton I understand?
yeah they were great with me even found time to do mine on a sat, quite a drive but a good drive hehe took me about 30 mins to get there. i would only go to olymp if it was easy warrenty work, as i did when they replaced my 2 rear lights as they were foggy.
Old 19 November 2005, 07:11 PM
simplesteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nixon
Yes... Sparshatts are at Botley, Southampton. Exit 7 off M27. It's easy to find and the service you get there is fairly good.

Steve
Old 19 November 2005, 07:21 PM
PeterStone
Scooby Regular

Most people around here use Triton at Hurn airport. Olympian are still a service center for Subaru but who would use them if they hadn't bought from there i don't know. As far as ppp fitment goes it shold be straight-forward so don't see they should have any problems doing it.

PeteS
Old 20 November 2005, 05:03 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments fellas. Sounds like they are a run of the mill dealer then!!

I am booked in for PPP due to the good price and have put a £100 deposit down. Looks like I am gonna have to sit with the car and ensure that all is well!!! Has anyone else had PPP fitted there?

I presume the main thing is to ensure you get the certificate of installation. Which bits of the exhaust do they replace i.e. front pipe??? I want proof that they are putting the right chip in the ECU after comments on here!!

Am I taking a huge risk by going to this place?
Old 20 November 2005, 05:25 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't change a chip assuming the car is under 3 years old or there abouts. The ecu is replaced. Mark the ecu if ya that bothered.
Old 20 November 2005, 06:46 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

where abouts is the ECU Brun?

Cheers
Old 20 November 2005, 06:50 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Passenger footwell under the carpet
Old 21 November 2005, 12:22 AM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Thanks again,

Anyone know what a pro drive ECU looks like for a 05WRX? A Pic would be fantastic. Should it have pro drive sticker on etc???

Regards

Rich