Why do people moan.....

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2005, 02:28 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people moan.....

when they are caught speeding????

99% of the people in this country will speed, intentionally or otherwise. Why do peple moan when they are caught by a camera and get a letter through???

Surely if you know you are breaking the law by speeding why do you moan about it when you get caught????

By the way i have 4 points, drive a TypeR and am not light with my right foot......
Old 16 November 2005, 03:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Why do people moan?
Because it's not about safety, it's about revenue?
Because speed limits are set artificially low to catch people because it's about revenue?
Because cameras are situated where limits change, because it's about revenue?
Because cameras are hidden, dispite guidelines, because it's about revenue?
Because there are NO cameras where needed, like outside schools, because few people speed there, and anyway it's about revenue?
But mostly, because it's just another form of tax....revenue!

Alcazar( 4 points off a camera JUST inside a 30 limit from 60 limit, no streetlights, no buildings, just a nicely extended limit )
Old 16 November 2005, 03:44 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's the same where i live ie: revenue . every bank holiday they are there with their speed guns guaranteed !! they say it's about safety , bull*** ! there were 6 police officers outside of town booking people , when we had to call them because a group of pissed up lads were about to kick off it took half an hour for the rozzers to show !! and that was one female officer , a lot of good that was !! cheers mr brunstrom !! you get your priorities right and catch those nasty speeding yobs instead of burglars and the like , good work fella !!
Old 16 November 2005, 04:29 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

agree with alcazarr
Old 16 November 2005, 04:36 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Because there are NO cameras where needed, like outside schools, because few people speed there, and anyway it's about revenue?
In a leaked government memo to the safety camera partnerships, the reason for not siting cameras near schools and hospitols was due to them being proven to actually increase the likelyhood of accidents due to drivers being distracted by them. Hence, they are about revenue
Old 16 November 2005, 04:38 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

we've got one just leaving maidstone up detling hill

its a 70mph dual carriageway, with a national speedlimit applies sign, around 2 METRES later there's a speed camera sign, plus 50mph sign, and then there's a camera about 50 metres on.

it's going up a hill, and the reason the camera was put in (on both sides of the dual carriage way) was that a little girl way knocked down a few years ago, but now there's a great big walkway over the road so you don't have the ridiculous need for people to have to cross a very busy dual carriage way any more-

BUT we still have the cameras (and very profitable they must be too)
Old 16 November 2005, 04:45 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Has anyone mentioned that its about revenue????

Its a big self licking lolipop! More speeding = more revenue and as speed cameras are allegedly self financing the more you speed the more cameras can be funded from the pot of gold.

Isn't technology a beautiful thing!!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 16 November 2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 16 November 2005, 04:55 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Isn't the 1991 Road Traffic Act wonderful too I passed 9 speed limit signs yesterday which were in contravention of the very act they use to incriminate you on a road littered with speed cam signs (no fixed cams, but vans occasionally). If I were in a rebelious mood I'd have got myself caught deliberately just to p!$$ them off when I walked free
Old 16 November 2005, 04:56 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I think its all been said... its about revenue
Old 16 November 2005, 05:16 PM
Flash 1
Scooby Regular

No time for the traffic piggies .

They probably all drive Skoda's or some other piece of crap so when sitting in the tax payers T5, its the only way they know how to get back at people who drive class cars em ..... like for example, Scoobs

(PIGGY BANKS).
Old 16 November 2005, 05:37 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Typer Jim
when they are caught speeding????

99% of the people in this country will speed, intentionally or otherwise. Why do peple moan when they are caught by a camera and get a letter through???

Surely if you know you are breaking the law by speeding why do you moan about it when you get caught????

By the way i have 4 points, drive a TypeR and am not light with my right foot......
put it this way. i'm guessing you probably have a **** once in a while, and you know there's a chance that one day someone will walk in on you...
Old 16 November 2005, 05:48 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Agree with Alcazar

I got done in 2001, coming from a single carrige way (30mph) onto a duel carrigeway (50pmh). As I hit the Duel carrige way I started to accelarate up to 50mph, only to be flashed (£60 thank you very much) I only found out later that the 50mph zone starts 200 metres after the duel carrige way starts. Wonder how many people get done there????? Lots, thats how many, and how many lifes is that saving??????? None. How much money is it raising????? Lots
Old 16 November 2005, 07:22 PM
bumpy
Scooby Regular

It's not just about revenue, it's also about a nanny state.

There's no speed cameras outside our local schools. But then no one has to be told to slow down, because during times when there's children around (and the resulting chaos with increased traffic) all the traffic slows down to below 20 - without being told, without cameras, without any formal discipline, even though it's a 30 limit.

The whole debate about cameras is pointless until someone up there realises that driving safety won't change while legislation continues to create an 'unthinking' driver.

Drivers that are led by legislation aren't being led by their brains, their instincts, the traffic, road and weather and their vehicle condition...and all the other factors that equate to safe driving. They're not thinking about what they're doing because they're peering into every layby, or craning their necks to look for plods on top of bridges, or cameras behind hedges.

Speed need not necessarily come in to it. We're churning out zombies every year who pass their tests not THINKING about how they drive, or the consequences of their driving.

Rar. And revenue of course. They've had their obligatory £120 out of me and I've got six points to show for it. On neither occaision was I driving unsafely, both occasions on straight roads, in good weather in a sound vehicle. Once for doing 38mph (at silly o clock am) and once for doing 84. On a motorway. Rah and grumble.
Old 16 November 2005, 09:40 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Typer Jim

Jim does have a point though, but then we don't own scoobs to do the limit do we.
Old 16 November 2005, 11:09 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swen6
Jim does have a point though, but then we don't own scoobs to do the limit do we.
depends whats meant by it man, i dont consider 35 in 30 speeding!!