Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Constant police monitoring is on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2005, 01:05 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Constant police monitoring is on the way...

Have a read of this on The Register - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11...ment_database/

Makes you think I've no problem with the tax/insurance/MOT enforcement aspect (in fact I welcome it), but I'm not looking forward to being fined for every little visit to 75mph on a journey down the M1, nor all the spurious fines and suspicion caused by the rampant criminal number plate cloning which is bound to follow within days of this going live

And I bet this will actually lead to even fewer police traffic cops to catch the real crims

Steve
Old 16 November 2005, 01:33 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

yes, but if you are late taxing or insuring your car, they are going to fine you!

great, so my wifes car tax is due beginning of August, I park it on the drive (as always), I go on holiday in my other car mid July, arrive back home on, say, 2nd August, pop down the post office the next day to tax the wifes car, and get fined. bloody great, really gives you respect for the law, I dont think.

as regards late insuring, if its used on the road uninsured, yep, clobber them, but if I decide I dont want to insure my car, and I park it up in the garage, why should I be clobbered? Im the fool if it gets nicked!

its these sorts of ridiculous laws that just constantly penalise the normal person going about his business, and dont actually tackle the problems of the repeat offenders, who probably wont even be registered with anyone anywhere (never bothered to tax or insure anything, probably dont even register the car with DVLA either).
Old 16 November 2005, 01:34 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

IT MAKES ME MAD!!
Old 16 November 2005, 01:39 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by millband
Have a read of this on The Register - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11...ment_database/

Makes you think I've no problem with the tax/insurance/MOT enforcement aspect (in fact I welcome it), but I'm not looking forward to being fined for every little visit to 75mph on a journey down the M1, nor all the spurious fines and suspicion caused by the rampant criminal number plate cloning which is bound to follow within days of this going live

And I bet this will actually lead to even fewer police traffic cops to catch the real crims

Steve
agree that in principle its good to monitor but then also agree that shouldn't be to monitor cars speed.
Old 16 November 2005, 02:49 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
agree that in principle its good to monitor but then also agree that shouldn't be to monitor cars speed.
It's clear from the article that its only a journalists opinion that the cameras will monitor speed due to their positioning.
As far as keeping an uninsured vehicle if you don't want a ticket SORN it
If i was disabled by an uninsured driver and was unable to work I'd say that was serious.
Serious and Organised is the name of an Act of Parliament. The title does not relate to each and every power under the Act.
I'll wait until some facts are forthcoming before worrying about it.
Papers... don't you just love them
Old 16 November 2005, 03:26 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Sunday Times

So, you are happy for Tony's Stasi to monitor your every move? This kind of totalitarian approach is not necessary regardless of what kind of anti-terror spin they put on it. It is the foundations for controlling peoples movement. "If you've done nothing wrong then you've nothing to worry about" So what happens when the law changes and what you thought was normal and perfectly acceptable becomes illegal - you will have done wrong and they will know where you are, where you have been (over the last 2 years) and be able to throw you in a cell for 28 days without charge. Still happy - in principle?
Old 16 November 2005, 04:43 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Crazy imo.