Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Pi$$ed off, could our week be any worse??

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2005, 11:39 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Pi$$ed off, could our week be any worse??

Our car has been hit while parked up, but not at the supermarket or the local car park or even down at the local shop, oh no, the safest place we can park our car every day is the army camp where my husband works, but not anymore as at this very moment he is down at the police station as someone on camp has hit it, narrowed it down to it being someone with a white car, but what a mess and its us left to foot the bill which we're not looking forward to, it's bad enough damaging your car yourself but when someone else does it and drives off doesnt half pi$$ you off.

Heres a pic

Old 11 November 2005, 11:59 AM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

Funny that, i had someone do exactly the same whilst on course in Leconfield (army school of driving exelence) didnt report it but i did scour round camp for a few days.

Ohhhh i so wanted to find the car and driver that did it. mine pushed the front wing right in

Good luck
Old 11 November 2005, 12:08 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by wrxtankie
Funny that, i had someone do exactly the same whilst on course in Leconfield (army school of driving exelence) didnt report it but i did scour round camp for a few days.

Ohhhh i so wanted to find the car and driver that did it. mine pushed the front wing right in

Good luck
Ah Leconsfield those were the days! I did my Snow cat driver training there before being packed off to the Falklands, driving round Beverly and Driffield, going to the CSMs house in a snow cat to pick up crates of beer, cruising past the local secondary school and looking at the girlies.

Didn't see to many tanks there mind so what were you doing there???
Old 11 November 2005, 02:13 PM
pj748r
Scooby Regular

Just picked mine up from the bodyshop today after mine was backed into the rear door in work,MY05 with less than 1000k miles on it.I know exactly how you feel about being pi£"%d off.Mine cost me £140 and the bodyshop have done a brilliant job.
I could handle it,sort of,if it had happened in Tesco's or similar,but for the damage to have been done by a "so called colleague" who couldn't even say "sorry i've hit your car,get a price and i'll sort it" really annoyed me to say the least!!

Last edited by pj748r; 11 November 2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11 November 2005, 03:34 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I agree with you there, I would have half expected it one day to have been hit by a trolley at Tesco, or while pulled up outside the corner shop, but to be done somewhere where people are suppposed to be disiplined is just a joke coz then they can't own up and offer to pay for the damage they caused. I'm hoping we catch who it is coz we are very very angry just now.
Old 11 November 2005, 03:47 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

Steve, I was on my HAZMAT instructors course
No such fun as driving. Oh and now anything with tracks is taught in Bovington where it should be.

It may be worth while having the guys on the gate keeping an eye out for a motor with a new blue stripe
Old 11 November 2005, 03:52 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

sorry to heat that julz, looks like us northerners have been dealt the ****ty end of the stick

john
Old 11 November 2005, 04:02 PM
mgscooby
Scooby Regular

know how you feel was forced of the road by a dust cart with the wife and the baby in the car damadged the front bumper and still need to check the underside, lorry did not stop and police dont want to know as there was no contact?????? what made it worse was someone stopped to check we were ok as he saw it all comming the other way and a motorbike slams straight into the back of him!!!!!

so we are not the only ones having a bad week then?
Old 11 November 2005, 04:09 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Well we have a crime number from the police from us reporting it as the RMP's on camp are a waste of time and weren't interested, so basically we just have to keep an eye out for a white or maybe's even silver car, someone did see a silver car in the same parking area today though, but with it being a Friday, half day most of the single soldiers go back home for the weekend but this weekend we might be lucky as its Rememberance so all of them have to be marching down town on Sunday,if we don't find the person then it's left for us to pay for and get repaired,so I'm hoping to catch the person to let them cough up the cost, in that case we'll have a nice new bumper please!
Old 11 November 2005, 04:30 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Feel for you mate, really do, words cant describe it mate...
Old 11 November 2005, 04:44 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Ouch.
Old 11 November 2005, 04:54 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

In answer to your question. Yes, you could be having a far worse week. Its only a car and it can be fixed but I do know how you feel.
Old 11 November 2005, 05:32 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Yes at the end of the day it's only a car, but if we pay out money for something like a nice car or house etc and work our ***** off to be able to have nice things, it's bad enough doing the damage ourselves by hitting a wall or something but it's even worse when you walk back to your car to find it's someone else who's done the damage then fled the scene, if my memory serves me correctly I think it's called hit and run and leaving the scene of a crime.

Last edited by Julz1983; 11 November 2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11 November 2005, 05:37 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Very true mate.

If you cause the damage then fair be it could be worse, but when you come back to find some dickwad has done the damage then fled so he dont have to pay for it appauling. Given my incident last night understand where your at..
Old 11 November 2005, 06:17 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Exactly, whether it be a scratch from a key or someone totally wrecking your car it's still done by some tw@t who can't take the rap for it, people who do it seem to find it amusing or go home and forget about it, I dunno how they sleep at nights.

By the way Mick, my husband says send us about 10 pigs to cover it up and we're sorted, saves paying for a new bumper, we'll just have pigs everywhere instead.
Old 11 November 2005, 06:39 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

im not sure about the cost on the blobeye but if memory serves me correctly my front bumper on my bug eye was about 100 quid without paint. the rear should be cheaper as it is less intricate. hope its of some releif if right
Aston
Old 11 November 2005, 07:07 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

pigs, pigs.... lol

i think i know whos got some of those
Old 11 November 2005, 09:54 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Julz1983
Well we have a crime number from the police from us reporting it as the RMP's on camp are a waste of time and weren't interested, so basically we just have to keep an eye out for a white or maybe's even silver car, someone did see a silver car in the same parking area today though, but with it being a Friday, half day most of the single soldiers go back home for the weekend but this weekend we might be lucky as its Rememberance so all of them have to be marching down town on Sunday,if we don't find the person then it's left for us to pay for and get repaired,so I'm hoping to catch the person to let them cough up the cost, in that case we'll have a nice new bumper please!
Typical bloody gash RMP 'Monkeys'!
At least us 'Snowdrops' would have helped you out mate.
Sorry to hear about it mate!
Old 11 November 2005, 10:00 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Problem is most pongos wouldnt remember crashing into another car

Sorry to hear of your problems. Pity whoever is was didnt have the guts to own up.

Jonathan

ex Senior Service
Old 11 November 2005, 10:55 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pj748r
Just picked mine up from the bodyshop today after mine was backed into the rear door in work,MY05 with less than 1000k miles on it.I know exactly how you feel about being pi£"%d off.Mine cost me £140 and the bodyshop have done a brilliant job.
I could handle it,sort of,if it had happened in Tesco's or similar,but for the damage to have been done by a "so called colleague" who couldn't even say "sorry i've hit your car,get a price and i'll sort it" really annoyed me to say the least!!

those days are long gone...

a quick £50 and bobs your....

its compo claims and legal fees these days... a simple blow over is now £150 + excess etc. not suprising that they dont own up really.

i had the same happen to me on holidday once... cept i did find the person responsible and it was a she, turned out to be a pretty good holiday

Mart
Old 12 November 2005, 10:41 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Well the civillian police phoned lastnight to say that they can't do anything about it as it didn't happen on what is classed as a public road (ie-supermarket car park etc), so it can't be put down as a RTA or hit and run etc,so we were told that it should be the responsibility of the RMP's to see to it seeing as where it has happened, they didn't seem interested but we can try I suppose, but at the end of the day we aren't going to find who done it and neither will the police, so it's another one of those cr@p things that happens where the victim is left to foot the bill, seeing as people these days seem to have no respect for whatever they do to someone else.
Old 12 November 2005, 10:54 AM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Happened to me in the runnabout at Asda in the family runnabout (a 12 month old fiesta diesle) and the back bumper and rear panel were damaged. Never found out who it was and still saving to have the respray.

tossers.

Andy
Old 12 November 2005, 11:32 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

RMP's are a load of Shi*e, only thing they are good at is noising you up when on the ****, they all used to stand outside Mic Macs in Bergen just looking to lift you for Fu*k all.bit like todays feds come to think of it,
sorry to hear about your motor, what camp was it?.i always park mine right outside the window of my room in the mess and are up like a shot if i hear the slightest noise, to many wee ***** with a grudge could cause all sorts of damage.

Mac
Old 12 November 2005, 11:44 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

We're at Ripon, but it's only parked outside where my husband works in the welfare dept between the hours of 8am and 5pm, the rest of the time it's outside our quarter, I could have understood it happening outside the house but not on camp, but then again like you say, people with a grudge or even people who can't be decent enough to own up
Old 14 November 2005, 10:24 PM
3scoobs
Scooby Newbie

snowdrops my backside, just as bad as rmp`s, sorry to hear about your car
Old 15 November 2005, 05:42 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Julz1983
Our car has been hit while parked up...
I understand how you feel!

However, it could be worse, my car has now been hit five times while parked up...

Mark.