Sponsored by:

Am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2005, 09:18 PM
PeteyGB
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Am I getting a good deal?

My local Subaru dealer has offered me the following deal, but I just can’t make my mind up whether it’s a good deal or not!
I am looking to trade in my Y reg classic, which is mint with 48k, 17" wheels & exhaust for a 53 reg STI PPP. The STI has only got 15k miles on it & has the PPP kit, PF7's & the prodrive spring kit; it’s up for ₤18999.
Best deal I have managed to negotiate so far is ₤10125 to change.
The dealer reckons that their final offer, but what do you reckon could I get it cheaper? Have any of you guys done a similar deal lately?
Surely dealers don’t sell too many cars this time of year & with the new model due out soon you would think they would be keen to shift a few cars.
Old 09 November 2005, 09:43 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

to be honest mate the sti is overpriced, but then offering you just shy of 9k trade is bloody good seeing as they won't be able to sell it on for much more than that amount.(if any!!)

without lookin up cast iron figures i think you'd get the sti for about 16k (dealer) but private you wouldn't get much more than 7k for yours in this **** selling climate, so about the same layout.
you could save about a grand but selling scoobs is a ******* nightmare at the mo, with that sort of part ex i'd be giving it serious thought, even more so if he could knock another 500 quid off
Old 10 November 2005, 11:13 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Good late Classics are becoming rare now, you could try advertising privately and see if you get any interest, (I'd reckon about £9 to £10k), you could then see offer the dealer 17.5-18K, or look for one privately for about 16.
Depends how much the hassle of all that is worth to you compared to the easy trade in route.

IMHO

Ian
Old 10 November 2005, 12:11 PM
abbiesdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteyGB
My local Subaru dealer has offered me the following deal, but I just can’t make my mind up whether it’s a good deal or not!
I am looking to trade in my Y reg classic, which is mint with 48k, 17" wheels & exhaust for a 53 reg STI PPP. The STI has only got 15k miles on it & has the PPP kit, PF7's & the prodrive spring kit; it’s up for ₤18999.
Best deal I have managed to negotiate so far is ₤10125 to change.
The dealer reckons that their final offer, but what do you reckon could I get it cheaper? Have any of you guys done a similar deal lately?
Surely dealers don’t sell too many cars this time of year & with the new model due out soon you would think they would be keen to shift a few cars.
it is really all about the cost to change.. and how much on top you want to pay.... the sti is a bit over the top but your car books at about 6.5k for px so on paper he has offered you a really good deal... you may find a simmilar sti for say 15k but the dealer may only offer you 5k for yours .. in real terms it is the same deal...... you have to look around and see what the best deal you get offered is then go from there...
Old 10 November 2005, 01:23 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by abbiesdad
it is really all about the cost to change.. and how much on top you want to pay.... the sti is a bit over the top but your car books at about 6.5k for px so on paper he has offered you a really good deal... you may find a simmilar sti for say 15k but the dealer may only offer you 5k for yours .. in real terms it is the same deal...... you have to look around and see what the best deal you get offered is then go from there...
Agreed. Look at cost to change every time. Sounds OK to me and selling a scooby for good money at the moment is extremely difficult at the moment.

I also understand that dealers are selling "right priced" STi's really easily at the moment.