Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX STIPPP UK MY03 - £16750 from dealer? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2005, 09:31 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX STIPPP UK MY03 - £16750 from dealer? Help!!!

Following on from my recent thread (thanks for your comments guys,) looks like I am finally getting closer to finally getting one of these sex machines. Got a look at one at the Falkirk dealers tonight. Couple of dings, scrapes etc, baldy front tyres, knocking rear suspension, general minor scrapes to paint, generally manky wheelarches/ exhaust, no dealer stamp at 10k service and no 20k service yet (car has done 24k miles.) Dealer tells me he would sort all of the above which would include geting the book stamped up to date (dealer tells me that the services have been done..........) Anyway, got him £16750 (with no road tax) from asking price of £17995 but to be honest, I am still unsure as I reckon any self respecting owner would ensure all the history is there.....and the car would have been alot cleaner (car just arrived at the dealers yesterday)
What do you lot reckon - am I being pedantic If not< I might go back and ask for road tax for less cash.........but maybee I am being impatient - I always said I would pay more and wait for a minted one...........help!!!!!!!!!
Old 07 November 2005, 09:43 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by StephenPope
Following on from my recent thread (thanks for your comments guys,) looks like I am finally getting closer to finally getting one of these sex machines. Got a look at one at the Falkirk dealers tonight. Couple of dings, scrapes etc, baldy front tyres, knocking rear suspension, general minor scrapes to paint, generally manky wheelarches/ exhaust, no dealer stamp at 10k service and no 20k service yet (car has done 24k miles.) Dealer tells me he would sort all of the above which would include geting the book stamped up to date (dealer tells me that the services have been done..........) Anyway, got him £16750 (with no road tax) from asking price of £17995 but to be honest, I am still unsure as I reckon any self respecting owner would ensure all the history is there.....and the car would have been alot cleaner (car just arrived at the dealers yesterday)
What do you lot reckon - am I being pedantic If not< I might go back and ask for road tax for less cash.........but maybee I am being impatient - I always said I would pay more and wait for a minted one...........help!!!!!!!!!
I'd walk away mate. The fact you've posted here shows you have doubts. From what you say it doesn't sound like a well looked after car. For the right money it may be worth the risk but I'd look elsewhereat that price. Good luck Bob
Old 07 November 2005, 09:45 PM
wilko44
Scooby Regular

Sounds a bit ropey if you ask me!
There is a long list of things to sort out there for only 24K miles.
Adding the question marks over servicing, it sounds like a car that has been badly neglected.
Personally I would steer well clear!
Old 07 November 2005, 09:50 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

No stamp would make me walk, let alone the other bits, I'd keep looking.

Allan
Old 07 November 2005, 09:52 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Yeah you guys are right - best shop around eh. Thanks. Kinda tempting though that I could be driving away in a newly serviced warrantied valeted car though - I am fed up of driving my wifes Puma - i noticed the clutch is starting to slp and she will blame me!!!

Last edited by StephenPope; 07 November 2005 at 09:53 PM. Reason: mistake