Sponsored by:

scam or what

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2005, 04:42 PM
Tiss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scam or what

I am trying to sell my motorbike and i got this reply, after i told her the price and sent her some pictures, seems dodgy to me.?

"concerning the payment he informed me that the payment will be remmited through Money order or cashier cheque and
I am certify with the price 650 pounds In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible, the payment that will be sent to you will be $2,500 include the money for the sales of your bike and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service from your base down to its new origin.

You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item as they are going to pick other merchandise we have procured together when comming to Uk.

What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent via Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get and cash the payment and you deduct the money for the sales of your bike.
If you agree to assist in this capacity, send your full name,your address and phone numbers for the payment to be issued and sent to you.

NB....
Am compensating you with 50 pounds to consider it sold to me and remove the ads from the internet and email me the name and the address with your
phone numbers..
Best Regards, "
Old 06 November 2005, 04:48 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very very well known scam. Tell them to **** off and add their email address to your block sender list.
Old 06 November 2005, 04:59 PM
4x4chris
Scooby Regular

Yep, anything that involves a transfer via Western Union should be avoided.

Also people with that bad a grasp of English and grammar should be avoided too!
Old 06 November 2005, 05:07 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 4x4chris
Yep, anything that involves a transfer via Western Union should be avoided.

Also people with that bad a grasp of English and grammar should be avoided too!

this is a scam yes.

but beware, western union money trasfer is a very safe way of the seller dealing with getting the funds for a sale.

I have just used them to recieve payment for a set of STI wheels that i sold to a guy in the Czech Republic.

These idiot are getting them a real bad name. Fact is, if i were to buy your car for 10K for instance, i would got to my local WUMT office, hand them about £10,100 (not accurate) tell you its done and them you go and draw the cash out at the other side. Once its cash, there is nothing i can do to get that money back. If i payed it in as a cheque, it would have to clear before you could collect it.

Its the drafts you have to be careful of, western union is a very safe way to deal if you are selling the goods.

John
Old 06 November 2005, 07:15 PM
Tiss
Scooby Regular

cheers guys had a sneaky suspicion it was, time to send them a nice reply!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06 November 2005, 07:46 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

I'll never use Western Union again. I was sent an e-mail to confirm that money had been credited to me and we being held by Western Union. Very official western union e-mail which looked 100% genuine with tracking number.

Sent the item out and low and behold WU had no knowledge of the e-mail or tracking number that was issued to me. Was a fake e-mail made up by the buyer.

Watch out for those scammers as they are crafty little sh*ts.

Ben
Old 06 November 2005, 07:56 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Simple rules of business......If there is doubt..then there is no doubt.

Gut reaction usually tells you
Old 06 November 2005, 08:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the £50 and then tell them to foooook off ;D

Do NOT give your correct name and address!!

Pete
Old 06 November 2005, 08:53 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate had this when selling his motor a few months back. clocked on to it being a scam. told them to send a chq (used a different address than where the car was registered to) got as many contact details as he could then paid the draft into the bank. when they said it was dodgy he replied with "thought so, here are the persons details that sent it to me". unfortunately we never found out what happened after that.
Old 07 November 2005, 08:41 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ben1413
I'll never use Western Union again. I was sent an e-mail to confirm that money had been credited to me and we being held by Western Union. Very official western union e-mail which looked 100% genuine with tracking number.

Sent the item out and low and behold WU had no knowledge of the e-mail or tracking number that was issued to me. Was a fake e-mail made up by the buyer.

Watch out for those scammers as they are crafty little sh*ts.

Ben
Well so you all know for the future, Western Union dont send emails, i called my local office, which happened to be Thompsons Holiday shop, they called the bank directly and told me it was there. Go have a look on there websote and see how the system works. Its very basic and simple, its tw**s like these that spoil it for the norm, and its really not on....

John