Sponsored by:

Charity Event

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2005, 01:35 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charity Event

We were stopped at the traffic lights in town this morning and asked to go by the organiser coz of having a nice car, I phoned him to ask if any more could come and he said the more the better, I was wondering if we could have some scoobs from the area come to it with us and turn up together, once all parked up and in place though it will be the whole day and can't really just up and leave, from what he has said, as it is for insurance purposes and as there will be alot of things on and won't be easy to just get out. This is for a good cause and will be worth it, plus with all the events on anyways there should be no reason to just leave after a couple of hours, it will be on til the night time when I think there will be fireworks, but through the day there is going to be alot of events, more than what is mentioned below. We were told to be there for 9am to get parked up etc as gates open at 10am and the day finishes at 7pm.
I'm hoping someone will want to come along aswell and go in as a group, keeping in mind it's all for a good cause.
We were told we will get in for free aswell.
If you are interested please put your names and cars down here or PM me if you need to.

Thank You.

I have also put this in Northern section but I know some people might not see it, so hope its ok to put it here aswell.

Simon to stage nine hours of family fun
DEPUTY Ripon Hornblower Simon Shaw is staging a fundraising day at Ripon Racecourse next month.
The prolific fundraiser is organising the Circle of Life event on Sunday, November 6, providing nine hours of non-stop family entertainment from 10am until 7pm.

Simon’s previous fundraising includes £21,000 in nine months to provide a minibus for the children at Forest School in Knaresborough.

Now he aims to provide a new minibus for adults who have special needs, as well as raising money for local charities who will be present at the event.

Looking forward to the event, Simon said: “The way I have always raised funds in my fundraising is by putting fun into it. The Circle of Life is a family fun day like no other.

“On November 6 we will have all sorts to please everyone. We have a car show with classics and customs, a motorbike show, a scooter show and fashion show, and on stage we will have nine hours of live local entertainment.

The family ticket price for The Circle of Life will be a minimum donation of £21.

Simon, who often entertains as Horlix the clown, aims to raise a minimum of £21,000 from the nine hour event at the racecourse, a further £21,000 from local businesses beforehand, as well as matched funding.