Sponsored by:

55wrx ltd edition 300 few questions

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2005, 10:26 PM
golf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 55wrx ltd edition 300 few questions

looking at the brochure for this car how come the windows look really tinted but on car they do not. also shouldnt we have certificate for which one out of 300 we have got and log book just says wrx impreza do any of u 300 drivers think it would benefit from better brakes and which is the best polish to use to keep it nice i am using autoglym at the moment has anybody used mer
Old 25 October 2005, 01:24 PM
WRX-Jo
Scooby Regular

It does say the windows are tinted and they seem to be on mine, but just not heavily tinted. I think they may have used a little artistic license on the picture! I know that Magicdudey was getting his WRX300 windows tinted, so that suggests that there is room for more. I'm happy with mine though.

I asked the dealer whether there was any way of knowing which of the 300 I had (although he assured me that I had the very last one - number 300 (yeah, right)) but he said that would be too difficult to do as they wouldn't necessarily be able to sell them in the correct order or something - only a set number were allocated to various dealers and they couldn't control which numbers. Although he did suggest that there might be a way of telling from the chassis number....? A certificate would have been nice though - surely they could have supplied that upon manufacture, regardless of distribution?

I'm pretty happy with my brakes so far - what do you think is wrong with them?

As for polish, I had the Silver Seal treatment thing done before I collected it last week and confess I haven't cleaned it since, but I shall use whatever is recommended/supplied in my 'maintenance kit' which comes with the treatment (and which they forgot to give me at the time so I've got to go back for it). Dealers, eh?
Old 25 October 2005, 02:14 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

HI there,
I have had the windows tinted, just the 3 rears, back one 20% and the 2 rears @ 35% but am changing it to 20% all around tomorrow.. I had this done from new on my just sold MG, and you never have to squint at the halogens in your rear view mirror they do a great job and would not be without the tints on any car.
Just had the 300 back from being Diamond Brighted! Cost all done was £50. All you do is the ask a local valet guy and he is more than probably got a selection of full diamond and supaguard sets in his garage (they get them as freebies all the time)
It does NOT take a full day or even half a day as they make you believe. Once you have locked the 2 polishes together, circa 30 mins it is more or less done. I had this done on my just sold mg and would highly rate it. Never polished it and it always looked the biz after a Karcher and a chamios!.
I think the brakes are FAB! Have only done 430 miles so am taking it real easy for the first 1000. It did open her up to 4500 on Sunday and it sounded GREAT!.
Have the prodrive sti spolier as I always said that I wouldf get one as I like it lots!
Having Scott Lowe design some WRX 300 mud flaps as we speak. I'm sure they will be available to buy from him when done.
How does yours sounds when fully ripped at several thousand revs?
So far I have done a mix of driving conditions but mainly very short trips to the shops etc and have done 275 on a full tank but have still got nearly a qauter of a tank left.
Will post some piccies when it is ready.
All the best,
Martin
Old 25 October 2005, 02:17 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

The reson why I went form a 300 was that I was going to go for a normal wrx 4 door but the 300 was a few thousand cheaper and just could not say no!
Old 25 October 2005, 03:10 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

I think i had one of the first, and to be honest not really that bothered about the number/certificate, but what I was bothered about was the logbook saying WRX. Done 6k now since end of June and love the car to bits, just wish I could be arsed cleaning it more often!

I even spoke with trading standards just in case there was a problem getting it changed, as my view is that someone could stick a few badges, blue interior and PPP on a WRX and claim its a 300. It could also cause issues with your insurer (when they search the registration for the quote)

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=438559

Last edited by jbwrx300; 25 October 2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 25 October 2005, 03:39 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

AFAIK all the other limited editions - McRae, Catalunya, Terzo, RB5 all had unique numbers (defo the Catalunya & the RB5 as i've had one of each ). Even though the dealers are allocated a certain amount that shouldn't matter.

When I got my RB5 new, it was no.133 but that didn't necessarily mean I was the 133rd person to buy one - that was just the next number that arrived at the local dealer for him to allocate to the next bod on the list.

Den
Old 25 October 2005, 11:38 PM
golf
Scooby Regular

very pleased with the car not gone over 4500 revs yet done 850 miles had service done the brakes dont seem as good as my golf gti 150 diesil golf seemed to ave more pull up steep hills ie the one to barmouth but could that be because i dont want to go over a certain amount of revs also should i ave a certificate of dealer to say ppp as been fitted just brought garmin i3 sat nav 179.99 from comet seems a good unit

Trending Topics

Old 26 October 2005, 07:43 AM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Here, try these:

. . , , . . , , ; ? ? ? . .

Old 26 October 2005, 07:57 AM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

As jbwrx300 had ours since june now with 6k miles on the clock. Not bothered about a certificate although it would have been nice. As I intend to part-ex it at a dealership in 2 1/2 years for another scoob it won't be a problem.

As for polish, try Maguires NXT from halfrauds. £15 a bottle but it looks great, easy to apply and polish off. If you have a look at the front door and wheel arch the paintwork does look that dark after polishing with NXT - no photoshop job here!

My first priority was to change that awful stereo and speakers to something half-decent. Am perfectly happy with the brakes.

As for the sound when you open her up to the red line: chonkin' fettle!

andy
Old 26 October 2005, 07:02 PM
WRX-Jo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magicdudey
Just had the 300 back from being Diamond Brighted! Cost all done was £50. All you do is the ask a local valet guy and he is more than probably got a selection of full diamond and supaguard sets in his garage (they get them as freebies all the time)
It does NOT take a full day or even half a day as they make you believe. Once you have locked the 2 polishes together, circa 30 mins it is more or less done. I had this done on my just sold mg and would highly rate it. Never polished it and it always looked the biz after a Karcher and a chamios!.
Ah damn! I think I was ripped off there - Silver Seal is the same as Diamond Bright (I think) and I paid a hell of a lot more than £50 for it...
Old 26 October 2005, 07:32 PM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Maguires