Key Fob faults

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2005, 11:22 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob faults

My key fob has stopped working. Any Advise

On friday afternoon, I thought my car was unlocked so went to open the boot with the key. As the car was lock, Do'h, the alarm went off. I shut the boot and pressed the key fob, but nothing happened, the alarm was still sounding. I jumped in and tried to start it but it wouldn't, so I tried pressing the key fob button several times while trying to start the car. Still nothing. Got the code and inputted it into the keypad, and the alarm stopped.

Since then, the key fob has not worked. I've done the obvious and changed batteries but it still won't work. Is it possible to wipe the cars info off the key fob rendering it useless??? I'm curently useing the spare key, but I now only have one key fob which activates the alarm/immobiliser.

Can you order a new key off a dealer? or do you have to change all your locks? Can a dealer reprograme the key fob to recognise the car?

Advise would be most appreciated
Old 24 October 2005, 06:56 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
My key fob has stopped working. Any Advise

On friday afternoon, I thought my car was unlocked so went to open the boot with the key. As the car was lock, Do'h, the alarm went off. I shut the boot and pressed the key fob, but nothing happened, the alarm was still sounding. I jumped in and tried to start it but it wouldn't, so I tried pressing the key fob button several times while trying to start the car. Still nothing. Got the code and inputted it into the keypad, and the alarm stopped.

Since then, the key fob has not worked. I've done the obvious and changed batteries but it still won't work. Is it possible to wipe the cars info off the key fob rendering it useless??? I'm curently useing the spare key, but I now only have one key fob which activates the alarm/immobiliser.

Can you order a new key off a dealer? or do you have to change all your locks? Can a dealer reprograme the key fob to recognise the car?

Advise would be most appreciated

You can reprograme the fobs yourself, see alarm manual it usually works also its "program the car to recognise the fob not the otherway round"
Old 24 October 2005, 09:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Cheers, will now go and read the manual