Sponsored by:

Type'R'

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2005, 12:01 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type'R'

I was told that there was a section on this forum with loads of info about Type'R's. Does anybody know if this is true?????
Old 19 October 2005, 12:05 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Pics and info http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=285698
Old 19 October 2005, 01:08 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Typer Jim
I was told that there was a section on this forum with loads of info about Type'R's. Does anybody know if this is true?????
what do you wanna know
Old 19 October 2005, 01:40 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
what do you wanna know
Basically anything and everything. Best mods, tyres, performance stats, any common problems etc ect etc....

I have a bought MY99 Typer and love it to death and met a guy down Sorensen Roadsport that told me there was a section running about Typer's that had allsorts of info... just cant find it.

Thanks
Jim
Old 19 October 2005, 01:46 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Typer Jim]Basically anything and everything. Best mods, tyres, performance stats, any common problems etc ect etc....

I have a bought MY99 Typer and love it to death and met a guy down Sorensen Roadsport that told me there was a section running about Typer's that had allsorts of info... just cant find it.

Thanks
well theres no specific "info" on type r's here, just ask if u need to know, i have a 98 STI Type T V4 also, love it, have it 4 mths, i have the bridgestone potenza re-01 tyres which i find great...mods would have to be for me anyway--full exhaust consisting of headers,Downpipe(decat), turbo up-pipe, and then 2.5" system with backbox, great hp gains to be had, dont mess around with the boost much unless u are having an aftermarket ecu fitted and mapped professionally! run it on the best fuel you can afford...ive had no problems with my type r yet apart from, 3rd to 4th gear crunches in a bit when i throw it back fast!gonna try changing to gearbox oil, i hear castrol sytrax is very good, it hasnt been changed since it came fromjapan in june,all other oil has tho and plugs and filter, keep it serviced properly with the best gear u can afford also, you get what you pay for, ya know??
Old 19 October 2005, 01:46 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Hello Jim,

That was me (blue RA, we were chatting yesterday) and the uber-thread is the one above. It was started by Cactus Jim who I believe owns a cactus - which he loves to bits .

See you soon

J
Old 19 October 2005, 02:39 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=flat4_ire]
Originally Posted by Typer Jim
Basically anything and everything. Best mods, tyres, performance stats, any common problems etc ect etc....

Thanks
well theres no specific "info" on type r's here, just ask if u need to know, i have a 98 STI Type T V4 also, love it, have it 4 mths, i have the bridgestone potenza re-01 tyres which i find great...mods would have to be for me anyway--full exhaust consisting of headers,Downpipe(decat), turbo up-pipe, and then 2.5" system with backbox, great hp gains to be had, dont mess around with the boost much unless u are having an aftermarket ecu fitted and mapped professionally! run it on the best fuel you can afford...ive had no problems with my type r yet apart from, 3rd to 4th gear crunches in a bit when i throw it back fast!gonna try changing to gearbox oil, i hear castrol sytrax is very good, it hasnt been changed since it came fromjapan in june,all other oil has tho and plugs and filter, keep it serviced properly with the best gear u can afford also, you get what you pay for, ya know??
Cool, thanks alot....
Old 19 October 2005, 02:40 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Hello Jim,

That was me (blue RA, we were chatting yesterday) and the uber-thread is the one above. It was started by Cactus Jim who I believe owns a cactus - which he loves to bits .

See you soon

J
Hello M8, finally managed to get home with everything that i took out with me!!!! Thanks for the help...
Old 19 October 2005, 04:19 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I did a thread in the 'Projects' section called 'Project Type R', which has a bit of info about the mods I did to mine. I just documented the common tweaks that lots of people do them really.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=425180
Old 19 October 2005, 04:45 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I've got a Type-R. If you need to know anything pacific, just ask.
Old 19 October 2005, 07:19 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
I did a thread in the 'Projects' section called 'Project Type R', which has a bit of info about the mods I did to mine. I just documented the common tweaks that lots of people do them really.

Mate that is excellent.... Thanks alot
Old 20 October 2005, 12:00 AM
R 14NS R
Scooby Regular

type r s are the best, had my v5 2 years,, would not have anything else, goto lots of esc meets, very, very rarely see another there, even p1 s.
Old 20 October 2005, 10:47 AM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

ive got a ver 5 type r running 350bhp+++.. if u want any tuning tips or anything then let me know.. pm...
Old 20 October 2005, 12:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan

Cracking thread Ewan, nice one