Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you frown at dump valves?

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2005, 04:24 PM
Twood
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do you frown at dump valves?

Something i not understanding amongst scoobys is why so many people slate dump valves and classify those who do have one? I really don't get it or understand it, please enlighten me!
Old 13 October 2005, 04:38 PM
ImprezaRob
Scooby Regular

They only really make noise, and there is no performance benefit!

Some people refer to them as Chavvy, as theyre only there to get attention from people.

I've got a Bailey one on mine, i know it doesnt do anything for my performance, etc, but its just a bit of fun!

When obeying the speed limits, ive no need to really go over 300rpm, as thats when it becomes audible, so no-one has to know ive got one!! LOL!

Last edited by ImprezaRob; 13 October 2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 13 October 2005, 04:52 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I've got one but I do find myself holding the car in gear going through town so it doesn't make a noise.

There are considered on the whole on SN as "Chavvy" but as my car is sonic blue with gold wheels I'm on a loser already (according the SN wisdom BTW)

I do find it makes the car quite jerky round town if it dumps a few times.

I think flamers are highly childish but if I could be arsed to fit one I probably would for a laugh
Old 13 October 2005, 05:10 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I think they sound great - they may make the car seem EVEN MORE chavvy, but who cares!!
Old 13 October 2005, 05:28 PM
Twood
Scooby Newbie

this is exactly what puzzles me, many non impreza owners i know refer any impreza as a chav car so why does adding a dump valve makes it a chav car amongst scooby owners when other people generally see the car as a chav car anyway? is it just the sound that bothers people?
Old 13 October 2005, 05:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told they decrease turbo Lag.. from someone whos both raced and repaired rally cars
Old 13 October 2005, 05:37 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Its simply an each to there own thing,

I like them got a Blitz on mine, but like i said each to there own, I have no problem at all with those who don't have them on at all......

People who dont like them then resort to slag people off who have them, are just trying to pump up there post's totals

The grown up none chavy adult response to dump valve, should I should not threads.
Is just to say like or dislike and the reasons why! to respond in a derogatary manner about the people who fit them is just a little shallow...

Last edited by MickWrx; 13 October 2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 13 October 2005, 06:15 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

We have a dump valve, it was on when we got the car and we've just left it alone, don't find it chavvy or anything, it's just there and thats it, nothing to rave on about really.
Old 13 October 2005, 06:26 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

apperently venting to atmosphere could cause some inconsistancy with the measured air in the intake system as the MAF knows about all the air in a recirculating setup which is standard. The preformance gain idea comes from old turbo cars that did not have dump valves as standard. So unless you are running high volume/pressure boost that the standard dump valve can not handle it is possible that it is bad for your car in a very small way. This is all regurgitated crap that I read through my time here, but does seem logical to a degree.

Other than that it will make your car sound identical to a bus (have a listen next time one goes past you ) or wind you up after about 3 days, each to their own....

Last edited by unfeasablylargegonads; 13 October 2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 13 October 2005, 06:34 PM
Napedog
Scooby Regular

My car had the standard valve on and i put a forge one on but after hearing that they make the car jerky im goin to put the original 1 back on tomorrow and see if there is a difference
Old 13 October 2005, 07:02 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

Location: somewhere having fun after mapped by jollygreenmonster

What a load of ****.why is everything that doesn't come standard classed as chavy.
I WANT A DUMPVALVE! don't get one of them things that i really no nothing about there for chavs
I WANT TO GET 18" WHEELS! don't get them there for chavs and the tyres cost a fortune put some steel wheels on
I'M GONNA GET COILOVERS SO MY CAR HANDLES BETTER ON THE TRACK. ooooooooo you don't want them only chavs have there car lowered or stiffened.
I'M GONNA GET A KNOCK LINK.why only chavs want lights that tell you when your cars gonna go bang.
THINKING OF HAVING A FULL STAINLESS SYSTEM COZ I REALLY LIKE THE SOUND OF THE FLAT 4. only chavs have loud exhausts.
what ever next

We all no only chavs service there car
Alloys are for chavs
Never polish your car only chavs like gleeming cars
Kids in your car even if there your own! chavs
Even uprated brakes there deff for chavs
Rear spoilers there a certain for chavs
So don't tint your windows people will talk about you

do what you want when you want and as long as your on the right side of the law (or just over) you'll be fine any anyway who ghives a F11CK what anyone else thinks

RANT OVER
Old 13 October 2005, 07:07 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrjud
What a load of ****.why is everything that doesn't come standard classed as chavy.
I WANT A DUMPVALVE! don't get one of them things that i really no nothing about there for chavs
I WANT TO GET 18" WHEELS! don't get them there for chavs and the tyres cost a fortune put some steel wheels on
I'M GONNA GET COILOVERS SO MY CAR HANDLES BETTER ON THE TRACK. ooooooooo you don't want them only chavs have there car lowered or stiffened.
I'M GONNA GET A KNOCK LINK.why only chavs want lights that tell you when your cars gonna go bang.
THINKING OF HAVING A FULL STAINLESS SYSTEM COZ I REALLY LIKE THE SOUND OF THE FLAT 4. only chavs have loud exhausts.
what ever next

We all no only chavs service there car
Alloys are for chavs
Never polish your car only chavs like gleeming cars
Kids in your car even if there your own! chavs
Even uprated brakes there deff for chavs
Rear spoilers there a certain for chavs
So don't tint your windows people will talk about you

do what you want when you want and as long as your on the right side of the law (or just over) you'll be fine any anyway who ghives a F11CK what anyone else thinks

RANT OVER
Here Here, well said mate ..
Old 13 October 2005, 07:12 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Twood
Something i not understanding amongst scoobys is why so many people slate dump valves and classify those who do have one? I really don't get it or understand it, please enlighten me!
Dump Valves are cool as fu ck mate, and thats final,

The problem with scoobynet is it is filled with 40yr old wrx dealer spec numptys who see anything as chav , even though they dont even know what one is.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:12 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

needed that i think i need to start yoga or some mind chillin load of bollox
Originally Posted by marcymarc555
Here Here, well said mate ..
Old 13 October 2005, 07:18 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Saddest thing is I saw a kit advertised in the back of a car mag this week for dump valve simulator kits for cars without turbos ! was about £150 IIRC

Why not just hiss loudly out the window every time you change gear ?
Old 13 October 2005, 07:19 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

i would not say they no nothing there is some very clued up people on hear and one day you might need there advice on something. you might not want to admit it yet but when you hear a funny noise from the scooby and ask people on here what they think is a matter and they don't answer you'll wonder why. So never call the long memory elephants on here numptys.

but like i said each to there own basically and i have one on mine did not want one but when i had a fmic fitted needed a new recerc valve instead bought a vta and i quite like it but mine does sound like wastegate chatter.

The problem with scoobynet is it is filled with 40yr old wrx dealer spec numptys who see anything as chav , even though they dont even know what one is.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:21 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

have you seen the size of the speaker that comes with some of these. looks like someone has robbed the tannoy system from the local doll office
Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Saddest thing is I saw a kit advertised in the back of a car mag this week for dump valve simulator kits for cars without turbos ! was about £150 IIRC

Why not just hiss loudly out the window every time you change gear ?
Old 13 October 2005, 07:27 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Could someone please enlighten me as to what is the point of asking a question, and then attacking those who give any answer other than the one you want?

Do yourself a favour: if you ask a question on here, and when you get any responses, have a look at the post count for those who've bothered to respond. A large post count means we've been around for some time. It means we have experience, probably of the VERY thing you're asking about. It means we WON'T repond with statements like "Dump valves are as cool as fukc mate get one", or other such ill-thought out crap.

It means that responses you get from us are almost certainly NOT going to end up damging yopur pride and joy, 'cos WE went through it and are telling you our experiences.

I SAY AGAIN: IF VTA DUMPVALVES WERE OF ANY USE WHATSOEVER OR DID NO DAMAGE, DO YOU NOT THINK THAT SUBARU, (WHO DESIGNED THE CAR) OR PRODRIVE, (WHO RALLY PREP THE THINGS), WOULD FIT THEM AS STANDARD OR AS PART OF AN UPRATING KIT.?

YOU HAVE HEARD OF PRODRIVE, I TAKE IT?

If you want a vta d/v, then go out and get one. Don't come on here asking your questions, and then slagging off those who KNOW better.

Rant over

Alcazar
Old 13 October 2005, 07:34 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

a load of crap, clearly you aint driven a dealer spec WRX, if we are talking about the NEWAGE cars, let me tell you, there IS a major difference that you notice to the car when you fit a VTA D/V, and the difference is all bad.

I have just sold mine as there was definatly a decrease in performance, more lag to be exact. Now this may have only been specific to my car, but i doubt it. Why would subaru spend millions upon millions developing a RECIRCULATING system if it wasnt good???

Im a 24 yr WRX dealer spec driver, and personly, i couldnt give a sh** what people put on there car, as it happens, i liked the noise, but performance is my upmost concern, that is why i bought a scooby in the first place, cos lets face it, the cars aint exactly the most stylish motors on the road...

Mate, if you want a dump valve, you go right ahead, its your car, but since you asked the question, you got the technical advice before hand

John
Old 13 October 2005, 07:35 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

i would not say they no nothing there is some very clued up people on hear and one day you might need there advice on something. you might not want to admit it yet but when you hear a funny noise from the scooby and ask people on here what they think is a matter and they don't answer you'll wonder why. So never call the long memory elephants on here numptys.

but like i said each to there own basically and i have one on mine did not want one but when i had a fmic fitted needed a new recerc valve instead bought a vta and i quite like it but mine does sound like wastegate chatter.
There is a few clued up people on here yes , but there is to many talkers and not enough drivers,too many people with 90,000 posts who never drive there scoob,too many 40 yr old numptys who want a scoob but dont want the attributes that make it a scoob , Ive had three scoobs and i speak about things from experience and if i hear a funny noise on my scoob ill take it to kev at scooby clinic and jobs a gooden.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:35 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

not trying to start an arguement between me and you but the starter of the thread has not attacked onyone who has answered not of what i have read he's only done one reply asking is it the noise that bothers people.

as for not coming as standard its the noise thing not the mojority of people would not like the noise thats why things like this are not on cars as standard. just like big subs speakers and amps make a stereo sound alot better but not to everyones taste easy to add abit of a pain to take out same again not to everyones taste

Originally Posted by alcazar
Could someone please enlighten me as to what is the point of asking a question, and then attacking those who give any answer other than the one you want?

Do yourself a favour: if you ask a question on here, and when you get any responses, have a look at the post count for those who've bothered to respond. A large post count means we've been around for some time. It means we have experience, probably of the VERY thing you're asking about. It means we WON'T repond with statements like "Dump valves are as cool as fukc mate get one", or other such ill-thought out crap.

It means that responses you get from us are almost certainly NOT going to end up damging yopur pride and joy, 'cos WE went through it and are telling you our experiences.

I SAY AGAIN: IF VTA DUMPVALVES WERE OF ANY USE WHATSOEVER OR DID NO DAMAGE, DO YOU NOT THINK THAT SUBARU, (WHO DESIGNED THE CAR) OR PRODRIVE, (WHO RALLY PREP THE THINGS), WOULD FIT THEM AS STANDARD OR AS PART OF AN UPRATING KIT.?

YOU HAVE HEARD OF PRODRIVE, I TAKE IT?

If you want a vta d/v, then go out and get one. Don't come on here asking your questions, and then slagging off those who KNOW better.

Rant over

Alcazar
Old 13 October 2005, 07:37 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
a load of crap, clearly you aint driven a dealer spec WRX, if we are talking about the NEWAGE cars, let me tell you, there IS a major difference that you notice to the car when you fit a VTA D/V, and the difference is all bad.

I have just sold mine as there was definatly a decrease in performance, more lag to be exact. Now this may have only been specific to my car, but i doubt it. Why would subaru spend millions upon millions developing a RECIRCULATING system if it wasnt good???

Im a 24 yr WRX dealer spec driver, and personly, i couldnt give a sh** what people put on there car, as it happens, i liked the noise, but performance is my upmost concern, that is why i bought a scooby in the first place, cos lets face it, the cars aint exactly the most stylish motors on the road...

Mate, if you want a dump valve, you go right ahead, its your car, but since you asked the question, you got the technical advice before hand

John

Get a spec c or type r put a super blow off valve on then come and speak to me mate.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:38 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

can i just ask how old are you to have had 3 scoobs
There is a few clued up people on here yes , but there is to many talkers and not enough drivers,too many people with 90,000 posts who never drive there scoob,too many 40 yr old numptys who want a scoob but dont want the attributes that make it a scoob , Ive had three scoobs and i speak about things from experience and if i hear a funny noise on my scoob ill take it to kev at scooby clinic and jobs a gooden.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:41 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

not trying to start an arguement between me and you but the starter of the thread has not attacked onyone who has answered not of what i have read he's only done one reply asking is it the noise that bothers people.

as for not coming as standard its the noise thing not the mojority of people would not like the noise thats why things like this are not on cars as standard. just like big subs speakers and amps make a stereo sound alot better but not to everyones taste easy to add abit of a pain to take out same again not to everyones taste
You have good points mate i must admit , sorry for getting mardy, but its like what you said , this chav bollox is out of hand.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:44 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

can i just ask how old are you to have had 3 scoobs
23, had a sti type r version 5 at 21 , the one what kev at scooby clinic has got, swaped it with him for a black jdm wrx he had cus i got skint , so mate can i ask how old you are.

If you dont believe me pm kev or adam now.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:47 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Get a spec c or type r put a super blow off valve on then come and speak to me mate.

My WRX has a 3 yr warranty, a SPEC C and a TYPE R dont....

Thats the main reason why....

is that something you can comprehend????????????????????

i doubt it
Old 13 October 2005, 07:49 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

no its not i didn't beleave you its just out of blue question. you just sounded around my age and same sort of opinions and yes you can ask i am 23 too 24 in nov not tried to argue just wondered
23, had a sti type r version 5 at 21 , the one what kev at scooby clinic has got, swaped it with him for a black jdm wrx he had cus i got skint , so mate can i ask how old you are.

If you dont believe me pm kev or adam now.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:50 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

oh, and one more point,

Can you tell me just what performance enhancement the super dupa blow off valve gives a spec C, ar again, is it just purely a personal preference to the noise, which i will say again because you obviously cant read correctly, i dont have a problem with... numpty
Old 13 October 2005, 08:11 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
oh, and one more point,

Can you tell me just what performance enhancement the super dupa blow off valve gives a spec C, ar again, is it just purely a personal preference to the noise, which i will say again because you obviously cant read correctly, i dont have a problem with... numpty
Old 13 October 2005, 09:42 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I use to have a Dump valve on my classic, but after about 2 weeks it got on my nerves, Since I have my newage I havent any plans on fitting one.

Quick Reply: Why do you frown at dump valves?