Sponsored by:

Does anyone out there own W7 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2005, 05:36 PM
sadam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone out there own W7 WRX

I would just like to check up on my old MY2000 impreza - does anyone know who know owns W7 WRX now?
Old 12 October 2005, 05:45 PM
Mad Scientist
Scooby Regular

Location: I wish we had a non-profit making website to put here.

I think it belongs to a really huge steroid fuelled bouncer who doesn't want his reg. putting on the web!

Only joking mate! Good luck with the search!
Old 12 October 2005, 06:34 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

I used to own that, I bought it in 2003 and chopped it in for a P1 about this time last year. Were you the first owner then? It's in Redditch at the moment and still looking ok.

Last edited by trackman; 12 October 2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 13 October 2005, 07:48 AM
sadam
Scooby Regular

Yes, I imported it from Holland - it was looked after by Andrew Burt Subaru during the period I owned it. They took in in part ex for a P1 they had for sale. Thanks for the info, its nice to know it is still in one piece
Old 13 October 2005, 11:27 AM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Did you mod it and then put it back to standard before you part ex'd it? I only ask because the maf sensor was never right from the day I had it (I know it's common). Had it replaced under warrenty at Carstins, thats where I bought it. I kept it completely standard, but it's now had the exhaust upgraded and a dump valve fitted. I don't know what else has been done to it, these are just the audible/visual mods that I know of.
Old 14 October 2005, 01:32 PM
sadam
Scooby Regular

The only mods I did was to change the wheels to 17 inch seven spokes and fit an Alpine head unit & CD player - I kept the head unit and CD player for my P1 and left the wheels on the car when it went to Andrew Burts. I wasn't aware there was a problem with the sensor though.
Old 14 October 2005, 02:02 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

It's good to hear a bit of history about the car. I could tell by the reams of receipts and service history that it had been properly looked after. It must have been a coincidence then to be honest. It was a little bit 'up and down' at idle but not too noticable at first. Then it started to get progressively worse over time. It was really bad after I had it serviced. I contacted Carstins about it after doing my homework on here. I mentioned the MAF sensor to them, and they said that they are fine unless the car is modded or 'messed about with' as they put it, they were probably just defending the integrity of the component now I look at it in hindsight. By the way, the car suffered the same fate in my hands. I traded it in too at Andrew Burt Subaru for a P1.