Sponsored by:

I really need some help with cylinder head

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2005, 10:04 PM
Twood
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need some help with cylinder head

I have a K reg legacy its a 2.0 4cam turbo and im really stuck becuase i cant get hold of a manual at moment and i really need to take the two cylinder heads and the cams out but i dont know how

So far got the engine out, cam covers are off an so is the manifolds, from looking into the heads i dont see how to take the cams out or the head, is it even possible to remove the head complete with the cams?

Is theres a guide or someone can explain how to do it would be a massive help! Also the bolts are so tight anyone got tip of unbolting them without rounding the heads off?

I only got time to store the engine until end of the week so i goto get them off sharpish
Old 11 October 2005, 10:38 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

You remove the cams, then remove the cylinder head bolts and they will then come off.

ALL the bolts will need a snug fitting socket (or ring spanner for the cam bolts). Try shocking the spanner or bar with a hammer to undo them at first - much safer bet than trying to put 5,000,000 lbs of torque onto them

YHPM too
Old 11 October 2005, 11:43 PM
Twood
Scooby Newbie

So i need to remove the cam pulley/gear then the cam should slide out or do i need to remove the shells holding the cam in as well?

Once the cam is out, then i goto remove the 6 bolts securing the head to the block or is thier more i need to remove? There is a large on in the middle of the head do i need to remove that too?

Do the bolts undo clockwise or anticlockwise?

Many thanks, kind sir!
Old 12 October 2005, 10:06 PM
BANKER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twood
So i need to remove the cam pulley/gear then the cam should slide out or do i need to remove the shells holding the cam in as well?

Once the cam is out, then i goto remove the 6 bolts securing the head to the block or is thier more i need to remove? There is a large on in the middle of the head do i need to remove that too?

Many thanks, kind sir!
Why are you attempting a job like this when you dont have a clue in what your doing.
Your just asking for trouble mate.
Old 12 October 2005, 10:09 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twood

Many thanks, kind sir!
The procedure should have been given in the links I sent you.