Sponsored by:

Even Subaru Dont Know What Gets Done When

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2005, 09:53 PM
Kevadair
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Even Subaru Dont Know What Gets Done When

Just though I'd share my recent experience.

Bought scooby with 52k on clock from approved dealer, car was given a service pre me collecting (got front discs/pads and rear pads as well as the usual)

After reading posts on here I realise the next service I have to pay for is the big 60k (although no hidden charges as its got the one year warranty) Decided to check if the cam belt would also need done or if it had allready been done (no documentation to say its been done earlier)

As the cam belt changed for 2001 models I phoned Subaru and quote my chasis no. and am told it needs done at 60k service. Fine I think and accept that the service will cost approx £450.

Had the car back at the dealer 2 days ago for a slight judder and poor brakes and am told new rear dics to be fitted FOC ....also check the cost of the 60k service and quote £350??...'Does that include cam belt' I ask.......'no that would have been done at the 50k service for your car .

Now a bit confused I say ' well you serviced it at 52k pre me collecting it so did you do it?'..... 'will double check and get back to you' I'm told.

Got home and phoned to get my car booked in again to get the rear discs fitted and ask about the cam belt. Am asked to check my service book to see what it says....this is where it gets intersting.....

At the front where dealer puts his stamp after each service it states on the 45k service 'with cambelt' but at the back of the book it says replace at the 60k.

So I challenge him to 45k(front of service book), 50k(what the dealer says) or 60k(subaru direct) ..........................

Outcome main dealer hasn't a clue so will do it at the same time as the pads for free.

Got a result but WTF.
Old 12 October 2005, 10:16 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty standard imo. Every car I have had, regardless of make, has had some sort of inconsistency in the owner's book