Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MFR Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2000, 10:38 PM
CPRU
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a new turbo and was given the option of a factory or dealer fitted ESR. As the MFR was £750 compared to £840 for the dealer-fitted option and I was given to understand that they were both the same, I naturally opted for the cheaper alternative. On delivery I find that the MFR is a steel roof which has certain advantages but on balance I prefer the glass roof that came with my previous car. The steel item doesn't retract into the roof space and consequently generates a lot of wind noise and turbulence at relatively slow speeds. Also it doesn't auto-close when the ignition is switched off. Does anyone else have any views on this.
Old 28 September 2000, 12:48 AM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Angry

If anyone gets the dealer fit option make sure you get the bodywork warranty sorted too. Mines started to blister around the sunroof surround because the dozy pillock who fitted it didn't do it properly and the guy I bought it from let the bodywork warranty lapse.
Old 28 September 2000, 02:18 AM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

No but i have one complaint. The windows do not auto close when the ignition is turned off and it gets annoying whenever anyone is in the car and puts the window down then forgets to put it back up!
Old 28 September 2000, 08:59 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm not a great fan of sunroofs generally, but the factory fit roof you have (which slides outside (as do most Hondas) is likely to have less of a structural impact than one which slides inside (and may require cutting of roof cross bracing)

Not just that, but I'd be happier with a factory fit job than a dealer's hatchet work!

You could always try a deflector?

D