ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru drivers worse than BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2005, 07:36 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Subaru drivers worse than BMW

Why do I increasingly see Scooby drivers having to keep their fog lights on and weave through motorway traffic like plonkers and intimidate others ?

Nice moves today by a classic 5 door during rush hour on the M3 near Fleet.

Is it because the Impreza is a step up from a 306, that also has permanent fog lights on?

I'm actually coming round to thinking that mr BMW has more courtesy and road manner than the average Scooby driver. How things have changed.

Sad times
Old 06 October 2005, 07:40 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chins
Why do I increasingly see Scooby drivers having to keep their fog lights on and weave through motorway traffic like plonkers and intimidate others ?

Is it because the Impreza is a step up from a 306, that also has permanent fog lights on?

I'm actually coming round to thinking that mr BMW has more courtesy and road manner than the average Scooby driver. How things have changed.

Sad times
I think it goes for all cars/types these day's, i do alot of Motorway driving
and to be honest the standards are appauling.

No suprises

Rob
Old 06 October 2005, 08:10 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chins

Sad times
The more lights the better. With the amount of ******* on the road who dont watch where the **** there going, a few extra lights might help prevent them pulling out in front of u. To many tossers on the roads i would agree.
Old 06 October 2005, 09:06 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

js its illegal to have fog lights on when weather conditions aren't poor
i bet you have your red rear fog on too?
Old 06 October 2005, 09:11 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

no BMW drivers are far worse, I've calmed down so much since I've given up BMW ownership and bought a Subaru.

30 somethings in Passats and A4s I find are amongst the worst and yes foglights pee me off, turn them off ffs you're not in a rally car!!!
Old 06 October 2005, 09:15 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine used to have an Astra CDi (H reg) He was always leaving the fogs on because he thought it made the car look better. Huh?

Scoobfan has hit it on the head.... the overall standard of driving on M-ways and Dual-ways is shocking. It's not just Subaru drivers.

Observation and general awareness is nowhere to be found. Everyday on the A29/A24/A3 I see some classic driving from people who really don’t give a f**k.

I’m by no means the best driver in the world (after 18 years on the road) but sometimes my jaw just drops at what people do, and the fact they think its OK.

J.
Old 06 October 2005, 09:19 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

<popcorn>

Great another front fog light discussion!

</popcorn>
Old 06 October 2005, 09:23 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by navigator
js its illegal to have fog lights on when weather conditions aren't poor
i bet you have your red rear fog on too?
i dont have my rear fog on at all mate. The truth is, i do it to **** off the ******* ***** who insist on driving in the rain/fog/dusk/early morning with NO lights at all. They have no idea how dangerous it is and i find it happens alot. Mostly women and OAP's.(il get shot down for saying that)
Old 07 October 2005, 08:24 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JCScooby
i dont have my rear fog on at all mate. The truth is, i do it to **** off the ******* ***** who insist on driving in the rain/fog/dusk/early morning with NO lights at all. They have no idea how dangerous it is and i find it happens alot. Mostly women and OAP's.(il get shot down for saying that)
What, for telling the truth? Been really foggy here these last three mornings, and, without fail, people without lights, or just on sides, turn out to be women.

Alcazar
Old 07 October 2005, 09:12 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having the fog lights on all the time makes me look well cool .................

What's the problem with that??

Pete
Old 07 October 2005, 09:25 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

How easy is it to knock the front foglight switch without even knowing?

There are a few more idiots on the roads. If they drive an Impreza it's much more noticeable, and less forgivable, than someone driving a Nissan Micra.

The old Mr BMW seems to be slowly moving on to other brands. There are quite a few new models that have broken indicators and emit subliminal messages through the engine noise: 'You own the road, so drive as close to those in front as possible', 'Act like a ****, they'll come out worse in a crash than you'

I totally agree scoobfan, the standards are appauling. I've noticed hey are a lot worse in certain areas too.
Old 07 October 2005, 09:30 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I thought I would add my pennies worth. If you drive through France, you will find the etiquette and standard of driving much better. Every year I drive over there and relax for a week, then head out of Dover and all hell breaks loose. But it is every man for himself in the UK. You get outside lane hoggers, middle lane cruisers, lane skippers, tail gaters, the unobservant, the ignorant, the professionals and the out right *******. All these people have a mission. But the worse thing is about 90% of drivers think that their wrongs are right.

I posted on a thread a bit back about 'inside overtaking' and explaining I do it all the time. People had a bit of a go saying it is illegal, but it isn't [as long as it is within the law i.e not speeding or dangerous etc]. You are obliged to stay in the left hand lane unless over taking. It is someone else's problem if they don't understand road rules etc.

The point is, people calling one another is a waste of time, because everyone does it. Each and every person has been called a ****** by someone else because of their driving.

Dog eat dog - life's a bitch.
Old 07 October 2005, 10:02 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy M3
I thought I would add my pennies worth. If you drive through France, you will find the etiquette and standard of driving much better. Every year I drive over there and relax for a week, then head out of Dover and all hell breaks loose. But it is every man for himself in the UK. You get outside lane hoggers, middle lane cruisers, lane skippers, tail gaters, the unobservant, the ignorant, the professionals and the out right *******. All these people have a mission. But the worse thing is about 90% of drivers think that their wrongs are right.

I posted on a thread a bit back about 'inside overtaking' and explaining I do it all the time. People had a bit of a go saying it is illegal, but it isn't [as long as it is within the law i.e not speeding or dangerous etc]. You are obliged to stay in the left hand lane unless over taking. It is someone else's problem if they don't understand road rules etc.

The point is, people calling one another is a waste of time, because everyone does it. Each and every person has been called a ****** by someone else because of their driving.

Agree with the inside overtaking.....if i am behind someone for 2-3 miles who is sitting in the outside without moving the chances of them moving over in the few hundred yards i am going past them is zero!!!!
Old 07 October 2005, 10:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 23 and HATE with a passion people driving with fog lights on!!! I mention my age as most people under 25 seem to do it!!!!!
Old 07 October 2005, 10:06 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Andy M3

Agreed......now get that heap of junk the **** outta my way, you're stoppping me getting to an important crisis at the office photocopier, you ****!

NS04
Old 07 October 2005, 10:47 AM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ru'
<popcorn>

Great another front fog light discussion!

</popcorn>
FPMSL, where's Hol?
Old 07 October 2005, 11:10 AM
trackman
Scooby Regular

I agree with the comments about appalling driving standards on the motorways these days. The biggest annoyance for me has to be gormless middle laners. God they grip my ****!

As cars have got more gimmick laden, more comfortable, quieter and safer over the years, people seem to just switch off behind the wheel and go into a sort of trance, entranced by the boot of the car four metres in front. They seem to think that they haven't got to really drive the car anymore. Afterall, the cruise control is on (and normally set at 65mph), the stereos wafting out nice music, they are surrounded by airbags, why do they need to concentrate?

They would probably consider themselves nice safe drivers. The truth is though (purely imo), they are the most unobservant (sp?), selfish and downright dangerous people on the motorway. They never notice whats going on around them, never notice when the truck in the inside lane needs to pull out to let the car that is coming down the sliproad in (one of the only times they are actually overtaking anything). These people just take the easy option and make everyone else around them work that bit harder, Selfish barstewards!

Sorry to rant on, but a raw nerve was well and truly touched.

Oh yeah the clear weather fog light bandits are annoying tw@ts too.

I'm by no means perfect by the way, I make mistakes just like any other, but always acknowledge it and try never to do it again.
Old 07 October 2005, 11:14 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by trackman
As cars have got more gimmick laden, more comfortable, quieter and safer over the years, people seem to just switch off behind the wheel and go into a sort of trance,
Remember the episoe of the simpsons where Homer is too busy singing along to the radio to pay attention to driving?

Homer: *Sings to "Flintstones" theme* Simpson, Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in History......Simpson, Homer Simpson.......... he's about to hit a chestnut tree...............ARRRRRGHHHH!!!!! *Homer crashes into the tree*

NS04
Old 07 October 2005, 11:32 AM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Remember the episoe of the simpsons where Homer is too busy singing along to the radio to pay attention to driving?

Homer: *Sings to "Flintstones" theme* Simpson, Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in History......Simpson, Homer Simpson.......... he's about to hit a chestnut tree...............ARRRRRGHHHH!!!!! *Homer crashes into the tree*

NS04

Yeah, I know the one.

Seriously though, I wonder if there's a factory somewhere churning these people out?
Old 07 October 2005, 12:51 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
FPMSL, where's Hol?
Old 07 October 2005, 01:30 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Chins,

long time no see - you must have had about eight cars since I last responded to one of your posts

Rannoch
Old 08 October 2005, 09:16 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trackman
I agree with the comments about appalling driving standards on the motorways these days. The biggest annoyance for me has to be gormless middle laners. God they grip my ****!

As cars have got more gimmick laden, more comfortable, quieter and safer over the years, people seem to just switch off behind the wheel and go into a sort of trance, entranced by the boot of the car four metres in front. They seem to think that they haven't got to really drive the car anymore. Afterall, the cruise control is on (and normally set at 65mph), the stereos wafting out nice music, they are surrounded by airbags, why do they need to concentrate?

They would probably consider themselves nice safe drivers. The truth is though (purely imo), they are the most unobservant (sp?), selfish and downright dangerous people on the motorway. They never notice whats going on around them, never notice when the truck in the inside lane needs to pull out to let the car that is coming down the sliproad in (one of the only times they are actually overtaking anything). These people just take the easy option and make everyone else around them work that bit harder, Selfish barstewards!

Sorry to rant on, but a raw nerve was well and truly touched.

Oh yeah the clear weather fog light bandits are annoying tw@ts too.

I'm by no means perfect by the way, I make mistakes just like any other, but always acknowledge it and try never to do it again.
Yes, I couldn't agree more - but would add about the mad lemmings who tailgate in the fast lane.
Old 08 October 2005, 10:31 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I was merrily go about my business today in the comfy X5 with my sidelights on when I'm totally blinded by a Bandit coming towards me with main beam and the brighest frigging fogs going and why o why do you need a basball cap on when driving an Impreza wagon !!!!!

As for those pesky mopeds why do they having to pull in front of you at traffic lights with their chin guards protecting their foreheads just to pop a wheelie and run out of puff at 25 mph. I hit a van head on years ago and if i was wearing my helmet like that i would not be typing now.
Old 09 October 2005, 11:26 AM
New_scooby_04

Angry

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo

As for those pesky mopeds why do they having to pull in front of you at traffic lights with their chin guards protecting their foreheads just to pop a wheelie and run out of puff at 25 mph. I hit a van head on years ago and if i was wearing my helmet like that i would not be typing now.
Yes!!!! They are so annoying! There is a whole gang of 19 year olds around my way constantly driving up and down my road for no apparent reason other than to pull wheelies and locking the brakes up. They drive the hings like they've been granted eternal life and have absolutely no regard for other users. They produce the most god awful noise...like a hornets nest with the volume turned up to 11! How do they afford the bloomin things; they don't appear to be working.

Rant over, that's better

NS04