Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why woud someone want ot remove the OBD 2 port???

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2005, 03:23 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why woud someone want ot remove the OBD 2 port???

Took my scoob for a full service at scoobyclinic today (great setup they've got there), Kev went to plug the laptop into the sccob to do a diagnostic check but the port in my car wasnt there, like someone had cut it out?!?! Ive only had the car 3 weeks, the previous owner doesnt know anything about it so I havent got a clue.

Ive left my car up at the 'clinic' as some major things need doing...but what possible reason could there be to remove the port, kev's going to have a proper good look behind the dash to see if its hidden away somewhere. They had to check and reset the ecu the good old fashion way due to not being able to plug in a laptop. Can these things be re-wired in as I need that port to have the car mapped later this year?
Old 05 October 2005, 05:10 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

I would guess that perhaps it was hidden behind the dash so some form of monitoring device (ala PSI3), could be fitted without ugly wires being seen?!?
Old 05 October 2005, 05:17 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
I would guess that perhaps it was hidden behind the dash so some form of monitoring device (ala PSI3), could be fitted without ugly wires being seen?!?
That would be my guess as well. Someone must be pretty ******* stupid if they have cut it off. No reason why a new one couldn't be wired in if so, just need someone who's good with a soldering iron and wiring.