Sponsored by:

WTF !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 01:55 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WTF !!!

Just picked my car up from BCP Carpark at Gatwick to find a dent in the rear door (halfway down) and it has clocked up 0.5 mile. It was moved 25 feet when I dropped it off to a parking bay, but has traveled half a mile. I am getting the dent removed tomorrow (paint chipped to metal, so that will have to be a touch up pen job) and I am going to write a ****ty letter to them and enclose receipt. When I dropped it off I asked that it was parked near a car that was due back after me to avoid the chance of my perfect panels not being dented as they are like paper and they acknowledged this and said they would.

What are my chances and any techiqiuese worth trying or advice ???
I'm really P*ssed off and want it paid for and an explanation too.
Old 03 October 2005, 02:16 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Your name's not Ferris Bueller is it?
Old 04 October 2005, 01:49 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Just had Dentex round and the dent is removed (£30) still have the small mark in the paint to touch up. I will be senting a letter in later this week, got the address and contract details from them yesterday (they didn't even ask what it was about). Looks much better now though.

I remember seeing a pub a few hundred yards up the road from them, I recon they took my up there for a lunch break one day, hence the half mile clocked up when it was with them. I will be requesting and explanation on this for sure.
Old 04 October 2005, 01:54 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by What if ?
Just had Dentex round and the dent is removed (£30) still have the small mark in the paint to touch up. I will be senting a letter in later this week, got the address and contract details from them yesterday (they didn't even ask what it was about). Looks much better now though.

I remember seeing a pub a few hundred yards up the road from them, I recon they took my up there for a lunch break one day, hence the half mile clocked up when it was with them. I will be requesting and explanation on this for sure.
It's worth a shot mate. Send a letter to head office as well as the office for the particular car park in question. Did you get any photographic evidence of the damage? Don't forget to keep the receipt for the repair in case you get lucky and note the exact date and time the car was at the car park, so they can work out who was on shift. Maybe you could ask the pub you suspect they went to for any CCTV footage they might have of their car park? Long shot, but worth a go.

NS04
Old 04 October 2005, 01:54 PM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Or they just thrashed it round the car park one night, on a cold engine!!! Always my fear, when the car goes in for any work. I wouldn't mind a mechanic giving it some, but would they warm the engine first, No!
Old 04 October 2005, 02:06 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

The pub up the road is probably 'The Flight Tavern', which is where West Sussex hold their meets some sundays. Useless information i know, but worth a mention!!!
Old 04 October 2005, 02:31 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

I don't know how long your car was in the car park for, but clocking up .5 of a mile in a big car park over 2 weeks (just guessing) is nothing to worry about.
Maybe your car needed to me moved every other day from one part of the car park to the other for reasons only they know?? Who knows.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though. As for the dent, well we all know what inconsiderate pr1cks there are out there who fling open their door and bash into yours. Could happen anywhere, but for the sake of £30 I'd put it down to bad luck and don't use that car park again.
Old 04 October 2005, 04:30 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Why did you leave them your keys ??
Old 05 October 2005, 01:53 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sport160
Why did you leave them your keys ??
That's the way they operate as it is a closed (off airport) Car park. Also they park the car in the bay while you check in.

In hindsight, a good question and if you were to park it yourself in the bay they designate, why would they need the keys ? they don't get it out again for you when you return !!!
Old 05 October 2005, 01:55 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danny B
I don't know how long your car was in the car park for, but clocking up .5 of a mile in a big car park over 2 weeks (just guessing) is nothing to worry about.
Maybe your car needed to me moved every other day from one part of the car park to the other for reasons only they know?? Who knows.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though. As for the dent, well we all know what inconsiderate pr1cks there are out there who fling open their door and bash into yours. Could happen anywhere, but for the sake of £30 I'd put it down to bad luck and don't use that car park again.
It was for 1 week only and they would probaly have to have driven round the carpark about 10 times to clock up half a mile. Never had any car moved there before and I have used them for 8 years.
Old 05 October 2005, 01:58 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
The pub up the road is probably 'The Flight Tavern', which is where West Sussex hold their meets some sundays. Useless information i know, but worth a mention!!!
Probably a poor Scooby fan who can't afford his own, wanting to show it off at a local Scooby meet. Tough **** I say !!!! he should not steel someone elses to pose in !!!!! You're probably right though..........
Old 05 October 2005, 06:14 PM
Bolton
Scooby Regular

Get a PFC and Commander. Ok they can move the car but with the limiter set to 2k your assured that they can't screw the bollocks off it.

Paul.