Picking my 55 WRX (Maltese Import) from Motorpoint Tommorrow

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2005, 09:26 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Picking my 55 WRX (Maltese Import) from Motorpoint Tommorrow

Hi there

first post, should probably have done it earlier, but is there anything i need to think about-

I'm picking my 55 Crystal Grey WRX Sportwagon up from Motorpoint with 13 miles on the clock tomorrow (Friday). -> Righthand drive and covered by the 3yr warranty according to Subaru UK

Its me first scooby (got a P-reg BMW 316 compact at the moment)

obviously i'll be heading for the nearest Tesco to fill up, although when i get back to kent i'll be on optimax as i don't drive near a tesco on my 70mile round trip to work everyday

Paid £15600 for it + Sigma System 4 + Tracker Monitor, including 3 year gap insurance and tracker monitor for ownership of the car + on road costs thats around £17300

I was trying to wait til the new shape came out for a better discount (not too sure about the new one + couldn't wait any longer)

Any advise about running in etc- i've got a 200 journey home in it.

I'm with Elephant.co.uk for insurance and have been quote an extra £300 (over the 500 or so fully comp i paid back in June for the beemer)

*maybe* next year if i can get a sensible quote i will "invest" in a PPP
Old 29 September 2005, 09:44 AM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Enjoy and start saving for your first service!

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
Hi there

first post, should probably have done it earlier, but is there anything i need to think about-

I'm picking my 55 Crystal Grey WRX Sportwagon up from Motorpoint with 13 miles on the clock tomorrow (Friday). -> Righthand drive and covered by the 3yr warranty according to Subaru UK

Its me first scooby (got a P-reg BMW 316 compact at the moment)

obviously i'll be heading for the nearest Tesco to fill up, although when i get back to kent i'll be on optimax as i don't drive near a tesco on my 70mile round trip to work everyday

Paid £15600 for it + Sigma System 4 + Tracker Monitor, including 3 year gap insurance and tracker monitor for ownership of the car + on road costs thats around £17300

I was trying to wait til the new shape came out for a better discount (not too sure about the new one + couldn't wait any longer)

Any advise about running in etc- i've got a 200 journey home in it.

I'm with Elephant.co.uk for insurance and have been quote an extra £300 (over the 500 or so fully comp i paid back in June for the beemer)

*maybe* next year if i can get a sensible quote i will "invest" in a PPP
Old 29 September 2005, 09:54 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

aargh. not what i was hoping to hear!

how much should i expect on a yearly basis driving 15,000 miles +
Old 29 September 2005, 09:58 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

£90 inc vat
Old 29 September 2005, 10:00 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightning101
£90 inc vat
well that ain't bad i was expecting £250-300 incl
Old 29 September 2005, 11:13 AM
DBT
Scooby Regular

I had my Maltese import delivered a couple of weeks ago, and everything should take care of itself. I think the usual is, that you'll have to wait for your V5 to com through the post, and then fax off a copy of the first couple of pages to Motorpoint, and then you'll get your service book through a week or so later.

You will need to get yourself some car mats ! that's about all i can think of :0)

I had an EU Import on a 52 plate, and everything was spot on the whole 2.5 years I had it, no problems servicing, or getting anything done, so it's no worries really mate. Just enjoy it !

Darren
Old 29 September 2005, 11:16 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

First service isnt really a service, its after 1,000 miles and consists of them changing the oil. If thats not bad at £60 then fair enough

Gary
Old 29 September 2005, 11:24 AM
jacksdad
Scooby Regular

Had my Cyprus Import from "AllBrandsNew" delivered 2 weeks ago. 4 Door Saloon, Obisidian Black - £16000 (Delivered on Transporter) Very, Very Happy with it!!

Believe the running in is 1,000 miles (Not above 4,000 rpm - Bloody Difficult!!)

I decided to go with A-Plan after reading a few posts on here. £600 with no tracker required. £500 with a tracker.

Happy Motoring

Neil
Old 29 September 2005, 11:30 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

congrats on your new car.

As far as the first service goes, i got a bill back for £28.75, there seems to be differing prices here.

I also got told that the labour has already been paid for withing the purchase price of the car, will you have that with it being a parallell import.

Sorry, not wanting to put a downer on anything here

John
Old 29 September 2005, 11:55 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

i can't wait! my first car ever with over 110bhp, and its more than double! watch out gatsos.
Old 29 September 2005, 01:00 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

Congrats there!
First 1000 miles don't rev it over 4000rpm, and try to not go constantly at one rpm, like 2500, try to vary it until it is done the 1000. Then change oil and start slowly geting it higher. That is what I have done, and it is a mint. Don't respect that, and might have oil usage later on. The engine remains stiff for quite a while, mine was about 12k
Old 29 September 2005, 01:36 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by maci
Congrats there!
First 1000 miles don't rev it over 4000rpm, and try to not go constantly at one rpm, like 2500, try to vary it until it is done the 1000. Then change oil and start slowly geting it higher. That is what I have done, and it is a mint. Don't respect that, and might have oil usage later on. The engine remains stiff for quite a while, mine was about 12k
Sound advice here..!

On your drive home try and vary the RPM as stated. A lot of people think that a long M'way cruise at steady RPM is good for running in... they're wrong..! Plenty of mixed rpm driving is the way to go..

Definately won't loosen up for a good 5-6k miles. In fact after keeping it below 4k rpm for the 1st 1000 miles my car didn't feel any quicker after service and being able to exceed 4k rpm..! Can be a little dissapointing, however once I'd got 5k miles on the clock the difference was amazing..!

This continues as they just get better and better...!

Only thing you will need to get used to is the MPG or rather the lack of it..! Expect ~22mpg around town & 26mpg best on a steady run.

Welcome to the club. Personally I'd delete this site from your favorites and never return. Do it whilst you still can or it will get you..!

Run, run for your life (& bank balance)..!

Jason
Old 29 September 2005, 03:45 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

so what kind of speeds can i drive at on the motorway?

i'm fine (grrr) with keeping below 4000 revs around town etc, are we talking a wavering 60-80mph on the motorway?

**** i've done f*ck all work all week. last two days have been a complete write off!

i'm all sorted though, got me insurance, one way train ticket, bankers draft and satnav to find my way home. it all starts at 9am tomorrow morning! oh yeah!
Old 29 September 2005, 04:01 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
so what kind of speeds can i drive at on the motorway?

i'm fine (grrr) with keeping below 4000 revs around town etc, are we talking a wavering 60-80mph on the motorway?
Dont know about the new age cars, but 4000rpm on the motorway in my classic equates to over 100mph so you should be okay there!!
Old 29 September 2005, 04:12 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5 69
Dont know about the new age cars, but 4000rpm on the motorway in my classic equates to over 100mph so you should be okay there!!
that'll be alright then, must remember to update my speedcamera locations on my sat-nav!
Old 30 September 2005, 09:56 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Smile

You weren't filling up at the Texaco garage about a quarter to three as I was on my way for mine were you?

Saw a Crystal Grey wagon pulling out on my way in.