Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2000, 09:32 AM
Robb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've booked my car in to Powerstation to have the bumpsteer sorted - Can't wait! I thought I'd get the brake pads changed at the same time. Can anyone recommend what replacement pads I should go for? Powerstation recommend Tarox, but I've seen a lot of talk on this site about Mintex pads? I want something that will work reasonably well on a track day, but not something that only works when hot (ie the wife still needs to be able to drive the car around town without having to keep her left foot on the brake pedal to heat the pads up!!!)

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob
Old 25 September 2000, 08:04 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I have put EBC greens on mine. Vast improvement over the originals for normal and fast road(the old ones were pretty knackered!) - The guys tell me that they are not really up to hard track days

Mick
Old 25 September 2000, 08:57 PM
MatthewR
Scooby Regular

Hi...

You will love the bump-steer removal...

As for pads I use Mintex and have been very happy with them (having bedded them in carefully )... So much better than standard.

You mention track days... If you are planning to attend a lot and use your brakes hard it would certainly be worth considering going for a full brake upgrade... Or at least something more than just a pad upgrade (I am assuming you are running other brake items standard)...

Matthew
Old 25 September 2000, 09:54 PM
GRANT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Rob,
I fitted Mintex 1155 pads about 6 weeks back and now have a set of warped discs from over heating them.

I think that fitting the pads alone will only be a short term solution.The question is whether to replace the discs alone or to upgrade and go the whole hog.

Bump steer well worth the money great improvement.

Grant