ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Off to Subaru group chat tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2005, 05:47 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Off to Subaru group chat tomorrow!

Hey guys . . .V.Recently, got an invitation by some marketing company to take part in a group discussion abt my new Subaru . . .And for this luxury I will be payed 50 sterling!

Has anyone ever been to one of these evenings . . .What's it like . .What kind of questions to they ask and can we get lashed at the pub after?

Thanks
Old 20 September 2005, 01:28 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also taking part in this. See you there tomorrow.
Old 20 September 2005, 09:14 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

I got the invite but had to decline as its in London and £50 wouldnt cover my travel costs from Wigan !! Wanted to vent some anger at them over the following on a brand new 05 STi

a) windscreen wipers that dont wipe but smear, dealer (in Preston, RIDING AND CO.) fek it name and shame, will not replace as they cant claim back of subaru UK. Very dangerous in wet weather on the motor way.
b) Back passenger suspension creaking like mad (been replaced) net suspension and top mount.
c) Back rear drivers side one is now starting to make the same noise so I expect that to be going back later on in the year.

On each occasion its going to cost me a crap load of fuel to taketo dealers for diagnose and then fault correction. Add in the insurance cost of my courtesy car plus my time off work and Im looking at probably £100 per pop. Absolutely disgusting!!

Wouldn't mind but the cars only done 3200 miles ffs. My first and last scoob, not a good first experience for a car over £25k!!!

Could someone who is going please raise these point. I believe all my points raised are common problems on 04 models and maybe before. Why didn't Subaru sort them out.

Allan
Old 20 September 2005, 09:20 AM
Big-G
Scooby Regular

Just a word of caution.

Is this authorised by Subaru?

If not, then who is doing it?.

Will your Scoob be on the car park when the meeting has finished?

If it is above board, then enjoy the day.
Old 20 September 2005, 09:24 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

Very good point Big-G I cant remember the company name running the event and have deleted the email. Everyone else please make sure that you and your car is going to be safe!

Allan
Old 20 September 2005, 11:01 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Big-G
Just a word of caution.

Is this authorised by Subaru?

If not, then who is doing it?.

Will your Scoob be on the car park when the meeting has finished?

If it is above board, then enjoy the day.
Yes . .Its authorised by Subaru . .Subey not in Car park . .Will enjoy . .Thanks . .
Old 20 September 2005, 11:02 AM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Ive been to similar events for other car manufacturers. They can be quite interesting especially if they are trying to get ideas for a new model (probably the 2007 version) If so don't forget to suggest the following:
adjustable steering wheel up and down and in and out.
A smaller Hatch back size car.
Rear wash wipe.
Better spring setup
More power and less fuel consumption
Built in satnav (tomtom5) and trip computer showing fuel consumption
And preferably all for same price as a Euro import (well we can dream)
No doubt others will have lots of other suggestions

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Hey guys . . .V.Recently, got an invitation by some marketing company to take part in a group discussion abt my new Subaru . . .And for this luxury I will be payed 50 sterling!

Has anyone ever been to one of these evenings . . .What's it like . .What kind of questions to they ask and can we get lashed at the pub after?

Thanks
Old 20 September 2005, 11:18 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by HOWY
Ive been to similar events for other car manufacturers. They can be quite interesting especially if they are trying to get ideas for a new model (probably the 2007 version) If so don't forget to suggest the following:
adjustable steering wheel up and down and in and out.
A smaller Hatch back size car.
Rear wash wipe.
Better spring setup
More power and less fuel consumption
Built in satnav (tomtom5) and trip computer showing fuel consumption
And preferably all for same price as a Euro import (well we can dream)
No doubt others will have lots of other suggestions
Well . . .Errrrrrm . . . .No . . . That for me is just the beauty of the Subey - the fact it does not come with all that crap! YOu find this stiff useful (hatchback/satnav/fuel consumption) , may I politely suggest you buy yourself a BMW or an Audi . . At which point you will realise you bought a crap car, payed too much , and have loads of stuff you don't need . .

I will however be mentioning the fact that it is nice to cruise with a Subaru full of birds on a sunny Sunday afternoon . . I will also be mentioning the fact that the subey is a performance icon, and you will not find so much car for so little money . . .And also may mention how much fun I am having antagonising other drivers with my blue rocket!

Also, I will also be naming and shaming the dealer in London, who thought it would be a good idea to sell me a Sub by talking about speed limits - precisely why I bought my car in Essex . . .

And the price is just right . .If It was the price of a Euro Import we would get more Chavs buying it!And by the way - more power less consumption . . .What planet are you living on?

Rant over!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 20 September 2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 20 September 2005, 01:02 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Old 20 September 2005, 03:10 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Am I the only person that hasn't heard it called a Subey before What happened to Scooby as in Scoobynet
Old 20 September 2005, 04:23 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Angry

Too many versions coming out!! (06, 07) Depreciation is killing the previous versions and costing owners a fortune!!
Do the job properly in the first instance and there won't be a need for new versions every year!
Old 20 September 2005, 04:58 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55
b) Back passenger suspension creaking like mad (been replaced) net suspension and top mount.
I have a 53 plate STi from new and I was having a creaking noise from the back. The rear dampers were binding giving a large amount of stiction. This gave a creaking noise and also a strange feeling of the back dropping slightly sometimes as I pulled away.

You can test for it by lifting the back of the car by hand as much as you can, it should then settle back to about the same position, mine would stick 2" either way.

Strangely the fronts did the oposite and became very sloppy. I think the top bushing as the tube enters the damper body is too soft, as the fronts are near vertical, they appear sloppy but as the rears are more inclined, the tube becomes missaligned and binds up.

Try John Willdings (now changed to Kendal Subaru) in Kendal. They replaced all my dampers no problem (remember, you dont have to use the dealer you bought it from).