ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Pain.....oh the pain!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2005, 09:21 AM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pain.....oh the pain!

Just need to share my pain after this weekend........

My training partner was competing the NABBA Mr England bodybuilding show this weekend in Birmingham......His lift let him down on Saturday so I decided to take him up there in my two week old purchase....my scoob.

Well the journey up there was great......the car never missed a beat and it was great to "stretch" her legs at a few intervals. We arrived Saturday afternoon and had a relaxed one as he was competing on the Sunday. (yesterday)

We get up, have a decent breakfast, go outside to get to the venue........and the car doesn't start. Turning over but no noise from the fuel pump and no spark......
Maybe the fuel reading is out? I walk to the nearest Petrol Station (luckly, next door to the hotel) and ask for a jerry can......."What is a jerry can?" the guy behind the counter asks......... so this is when I knew it was going to be a bad day..........a really bad day.

After the guy coming out with oil containers???!?!?!? no jerry cans, so I call the AA........which I joined a week ago.

They turn up within 20 mins (yes, "they"........there were two) and proceed to wander round the car.......firstly they put a galon of petrol in......doesn't work. Then they discover the fuel pump isn't coming on......so they check the ignition. There's the problem.......the ignition lights arn't coming on. Must be the alarm! So out the de-arming code comes for the toad and.........nope, it's not the toad. What could it be? could it be the blackjax? surely not........

Lift the defi pod up to get to the blackjax unit.........go to move the blackjax "box" and whats this?? the ignition lights come on. Let go of the box..........and the lights go out.

So now the problem is found........my heart slows down.
Only problem is, how do I stop it from moving and shutting the car off??
No idea........So I give the wires a good yank and it seems to reconnect without switching on/off/on/off/on/off etc etc.

How wrong could I be......

Driving back down the M40........hang on, did I just see the spedo/rev-counter/mile-meter drop and come up again?
No.......must be me........
Hang on.......did it just happen again.........and again......and again........and again.......

So now on the phone to the alarm store to see WTF they have done to my fecking new car?!!?!?!?!!?

Anybody been so unlucky??