Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I'm right in the sheeet!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2005, 06:33 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Looks like I'm right in the sheeet!!

(bit long)

Whilst travelling home tonight on a particular stretch of motorway that goes from 3 into 2 lanes.
As usual lane 2 is bumper to bumber and lane 1 completely unoccupied,so I indicate and pullover to the inside lane,more to avoid stone chips than a couple of car lengths advantage of precious m-way space

anyway,in doing so I(alledgedly)undertook several vehicles,despite not causing any danger to anyone.

As soon as I had indicated and moved into lane 2(at which point its back to 3 lanes)

I notice a black Volvo with tints tailgating me,I ignore him,but wait for a gap in the the traffic before excellerating away upto about 71mph

..cos I'm thinking''that could be a copper''

anyway said Volvo is soon back only this time ridiculously close to my bumper and flashing his headlights like crazy.

..now I'm thinking''can't be the Police,no blue lights,someone wants to kill me''

This carries on for a mile or two @ about 60 in reasonably heavy traffic,
untill curiosity gets the better of me and I want to get a look at my prospective assailant

I move to lane 2 while the Volvo comes alongside......low and behold an enraged lunatic(no uniform) is screaming his lungs out''PULL OVER!,PULL OVER!,YOU ****,PULL OVER''

Well,I was outraged and in return suggested this particular lunatic should go and have sex with himself

...So

its now getting a bit hairy,the Volvo is doing some crazy manouvers as they force me off at the next junction and I eventually pull to the kerbsidelock all doors and close windows(suspecting by now that they may well indeed be very grumpy policeman)

The first person out of the Volvo is the raging lunatic(one of those community
taffic blokes,it turns out)

He is very big,very ugly,red-faced and foaming at the mouth

He calls me a ''******* *****'' and pleads with me to punch him again and again''(very bizzare,I think he fancied me)

The next bloke to arrive is wearing a very familiar uniform

calmy he asks me to ''turn off the engine and get out''

I refuse and ask to see his ID(gulp)

Oh lobblocks its bone fide... I get out of car,accept bollocking and show documents....am given riot act and rights read

meanwhile Norman Bates is still giving it some in the background

I explain to Norman that Daddy is(or rather was)a Chief Inspector and that he might wanna shut the **** up cos hes really boring me now

(forgot to tell him Dad died 15 years ago btw)

long story short,been reported for dangerous driving and for driving in excess of 70mph...the car had no video or calibrated speedo on board!!

How long will I go to jail for?

you saints of the road out there need not respond,Jon
Old 12 September 2005, 06:39 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just plead not guilty, say some nutter was trying to force you off the motorway in a dark coloured volvo and you feared for your life, if there is no camera on board and the other guy has no witnesses, and if hes not a traffic cop then there aint much they can do you for.

Tony
Old 12 September 2005, 06:44 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

3 'proper' Cops,1 lunatic traffic enforcer

in a Police owned pool car.

Last edited by Elmer Fudpucker; 12 September 2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12 September 2005, 06:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe if they drive irratically and dont have blue lights on then they face the same laws we do, if they tried to force you off the road by their dangerous driving, they can be done for it too.

Tony
Old 12 September 2005, 06:53 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a propper nutter!

What a loon. Surely it is your word against his and by the sounds of it he was driving much more dangerously than you!

I think they would do very well to manage a conviction.

I hope all is ok though its a sheety situation
Old 12 September 2005, 06:54 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Totally agree .... no way would I accept that!!

Get legal advice and fight it!!
Old 12 September 2005, 06:55 PM
Langy
Scooby Regular

Entrapment i would say, unfortunately thier version of events usually wins

Had a similar thing happen to me about 5 years ago in an unmarked sappire cossie, right on my bumper for ages in lane 1!! They eventually when into lane 2 and started waving frantically so i buggered off down a slip road and they couldn't slow down in time to do the same. Tried to do me for speeding (no camera/vascar, etc) AND evading the police

I would have stopped if a) they had police lights and b) they all didn't look like 4 heavyweight bodybuilders with baseball caps and bomber jackets.........madness!!

Hope everything works out ok for you
Old 12 September 2005, 07:37 PM
uk.steve
Scooby Regular

taken from the highway code.

242. Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

if this helps!!
Old 12 September 2005, 08:16 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Cheers guys

It does make you wonder about Police Priorities tho doesn't it?

I have very little repect for any of them

despite both my Grand-dads and an Uncle all being police Officers,while my Dad was one for over 30 years

Jon
Old 12 September 2005, 08:20 PM
Langy
Scooby Regular

Funnily enough my Grand-dad was a cheif superintendant....as my mum always says now he'll be turning in his grave at the way some of them treat people now, sad really
Old 12 September 2005, 09:00 PM
a1oku
Scooby Regular

fight it all the way.these nearly trained goons seem like they are a danger to the public.drivers cannot be expected to quietly pull over after something like that.lets know how you get on.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:01 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Surely, if you are in lane 1 doing 70 mph, and lane 2 for whatever reason slows down, does that mean that lane 1 has to slow down to the same speed. By keeping to 70mph this will then mean that you are passing cars in lane 2 while still in lane 1. Now does this constitute undertaking or dangerous driving?
Go out on any motorway and this happens all the time, each day of every year. I could understand them doing you for dangerous driving if you dived to the inside lane then blasted past all the car's, then yes that is dangerous, but from what you say you didn't do this. I would take it to court and explain that lane 2 slowed down to below your 70mph speed, and ask the court if keeping to your speed constitutes dangerous driving. As for plod, I'd make a formal complaint about the way he drove. If he's up your **** with no lights on, then by law he must stick to the highway code, thus meaning he would be inside the braking distance, thus meaning he was tailgating. An offence if I'm not mistaken. Also complain about Norman. Say you feared for your life cos of his attitude, that is why you locked your doors, and asked for ID.
Turn the tables on the B@stards, see how far they take it then. Also ask for proof of your dangerous driving. If they haven't got any, how can they proove beyond reasonable doubt that you commited an offence.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:20 PM
Scooby Regular

Default Pre-empt Them

You shouldn't wait to hear from them with this, you should push it yourself, write a letter to the chief constable explaining exactly what happened and request a response. If you wait to hear from them before doing anything your defence is going to be a lot weaker.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:26 PM
Scooby Regular

I forgot to say, my dad is a HGV driver and side swiped a car undertaking at 50mph on the M62 in morning rush hour traffic (car was in the blindspot under the mirror). The police arrived at the scene and told him that the car driver hadn't done anything wrong because it wasn't illegal to undertake in congested traffic. His companies insurance also accepted responsibilty for the accident and paid out.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:33 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

thanks Stilover

It remains to be seen whether or not they #do# actually report me for the alledged offfences or not.

If its their word against mine,then I guess I really have sheeet it

I've already written down an account of todays debacle just in case....'er indoors has condemned me to the pits of hell,(but she hates all Subaru drivers anyway,)while Mother shares my contempt for plod and has offered to pay for a solicitor
Old 12 September 2005, 09:41 PM
Nick Read
Scooby Regular

Definitely make a complaint. That's the only thing they understand. They are the ones in the wrong.
Old 12 September 2005, 10:01 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Did you manage to get the volvo's registration........?

I had a similar experience in south africa only the lunatic chasing us was brandishing a fire-arm. After a 10 mile chase, mostly motorway, I decided I'd has enough and was accompanied, so pulled over and confronted the nice chap, he was pissed, had police id and decided to take my car keys and drive off after threatening to shoot us.........NONE OF US TOOK THE VEHICLE REG.

Same guy was arrested and charged with attempted murder not two weeks later. Apparently he was a lunatic and had been car-stalking that same stretch for a few weeks.

All this was b4 mobile phones were available to everyone, get a ****** up your **** for long enough now and ring 999 while trying to keep car on the road.

All the stories you've ever heard about South Africa are true........bloody nuthouse.

Si.

ps:don't get any problems in my white classic wagon as it looks like an ambulance T5 anyway..................apparently
Old 12 September 2005, 10:12 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by Langy
Entrapment i would say, unfortunately thier version of events usually wins
NOT always the case

I had a "Mate" up before the beak who had no difficulty in ripping the **** out of statements made by the woodentops, especially the fat bloater "Specials".

Then again my IQ is well in excess of 140.

Sorry, I meant to say that's my "mates" IQ that is
Old 12 September 2005, 10:25 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be tempted to contact a solicitor in the morning and go through it all with them just in case anything comes of this. Personally I would never stop just to headlights being flashed and tailing you so close in itself is illegal.
Your driving an expensive motor for all you know they may have wanted to hijack the car. Get some ammo ready to hit them back with !!
Old 12 September 2005, 11:31 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

I'd write a letter the CC of the county and report the incident. It may encourage them to think twice, aslo send it recorded delivery so you can prove that you sent it if they reply we recieved no letter.

1 of my friends had a similar situation in his RV (wini), anyway he went to see a solictor to see when a summons arrived on his doormat. What the cops didn't know but very quickly realized was that he is a switched on cookie, he had wired his reversing camera into the VCR (controlable from the cab via a switch, so works independantly from reverse gear) and had recorded the incident they very quickly dropped all charges.
Old 13 September 2005, 01:33 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

It's crap like this which is why I'm going to be installing front and rear cameras on my car when I get it back. I just need to find out what procedures need to take place to make digital video footage legally admissible. My first speeding ticket was due to speeding up after being tailgated by an unmarked R reg chavalier on the A50

Good look to you on this one. Sounds like a right bunch of *******.
Old 13 September 2005, 02:20 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Lum, IIRC all you need to do is have a sign telling them video is being recorded like teh cctv signs.

Personally I just hit the brakes hard enough to scare them.
Old 13 September 2005, 02:23 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

I think the point is they beleive digital video is too easy to tamper with compared to analogue, so you need to encrypt it immediately, and stuff.

Anyway, enough with the derail.
Old 13 September 2005, 02:26 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Nothing stopping you using an old style vcr with a dash mounted activation switch.
Old 13 September 2005, 07:57 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Erm ..............2 points

point 1 As a usually lone (99% of the time) female in a turbo scoob I wouldnt pull over for anything that wasnt clearly marked, dont care what they say. I would drive to the nearest police station and report the guy for his driving and take it from there.

Point 2 More good press for 'Englands Finest'. We were nearly taken out by a Dog Van on the A59, those that will know the road will understand in a minute, Said Dog van was blue lighting it and overtook us as I slowed down, then proceeded to overtake an artic lorry on chevrons with bollards in the middle of the road and had to take evasive action and pull in in front of us causing us to break heavy as there was oncoming traffic, think she expected the artic to be able to slow down in the space that it took us to

Partner said we should have reported her, told him it wasnt worth it as they would then have our reg number and it would become a marked car.

two weeks later was nearly taken out by a marked meat wagon with 2 big coppers in that were obviously fancying their chances!! and nearly pulled into the side of me.

Their own driving leaves a lot to be desired.

I would fight this
Old 13 September 2005, 08:16 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going down, I'm afraid ..................

You have 2 options:-

1. Leave the country

or

2. Grab the KY Jelly and hope that BIG Joe in the shower is called BIG because he weighs 20 stone (and NO other reason!! )

Pete
Old 13 September 2005, 09:37 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

"one of those community taffic blokes,it turns out"

What do you mean by this? Did he instruct you to stop? Was he driving?

Were any blue lights displayed or any other indications that they were police, such as the person saying "police, stop" or similar?

It all sounds a bit odd to me - did they give you any paperwork?

Did they use the radios at all?

Were the windows tinted on the drivers / pax windows? Were they quite dark tints?

Where did this happen BTW?
Old 13 September 2005, 09:51 AM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Yes I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you are unsure of the identity of the officers? stopping you you should refuse to get out of the car and say you will follow them to the nearest police station where their authenticity can be validated. Not sure what their reaction would be if you did this but it may make them think twice. I like the onboard camera idea but it is a sad state of afairs when we have to resort to things like this.

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
Erm ..............2 points

point 1 As a usually lone (99% of the time) female in a turbo scoob I wouldnt pull over for anything that wasnt clearly marked, dont care what they say. I would drive to the nearest police station and report the guy for his driving and take it from there.

Point 2 More good press for 'Englands Finest'. We were nearly taken out by a Dog Van on the A59, those that will know the road will understand in a minute, Said Dog van was blue lighting it and overtook us as I slowed down, then proceeded to overtake an artic lorry on chevrons with bollards in the middle of the road and had to take evasive action and pull in in front of us causing us to break heavy as there was oncoming traffic, think she expected the artic to be able to slow down in the space that it took us to

Partner said we should have reported her, told him it wasnt worth it as they would then have our reg number and it would become a marked car.

two weeks later was nearly taken out by a marked meat wagon with 2 big coppers in that were obviously fancying their chances!! and nearly pulled into the side of me.

Their own driving leaves a lot to be desired.

I would fight this
Old 13 September 2005, 09:52 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

put a formal complaint in against them to chief contable re not identifying themselves tailgating dangerous driving abusive behaviour etc
martin
Old 13 September 2005, 12:11 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Always two sided to any story, if your side is accurate they would laugh this case out of court.

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm right in the sheeet!!