Sponsored by:

D**K hits my brand new scoob - and leaves

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 04:30 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D**K hits my brand new scoob - and leaves

Hi all finally got my Scooby brand new last week. A dream come true.
My neighbour who i hadnt told yet tells my missus in the garden that she saw that some car had rolled back into a car in our car parking area. oh right she says what car was it ?
a new subaru!! my brand new dream car.
unfortunately this is an hour later- so the C**T had left + no details left.
Turns out woman up the road SAW it happen (it must have been a handbreak failure cos there was no one in it)- but didnt take the reg!!
Neighbour saw it resting against my car but didnt take it either as the car normally parks in there. so didnt take the reg either.
Unsuprisingly it hasnt been back since- I reported it to the police but they cant do anything without the reg.
BUT my question to anyone is this I know exactly what car it was (A metallic blue alfa GTV) as Ive obviously seen it in there before. Why cant the police check the address's of this, quite rare, car for my area. You wouldnt park there unless you live down my road or at worst the next road.
I spoke to the copper and he says he/she commited driving away from the scene of an accident- and thus not giving insurance details.

Any thoughts cos the whole drivers door is totally wrecked and is gonna cost me (subaru reckon) £500+labour. which considering i only got it 9days ago was not budgeted I cant claim insurance cos im on £500 excess and its through the roof anyway without any claims!

I pay council tax (alot) so surely a criminal offence has occured (it may seem minor but not to me and not to other drivers that this happens to) so why cant/won't the police do anything?- even if I find this fella i dont want a confrontation i just want his money

It's a shame my first post is this and not that my dream car has arrived. and getting to know you all.

let us know if this has happened to any of you and can I do anything more?

Cheers
Trevor
Old 11 September 2005, 04:38 PM
Rangers05champions
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T123VOR
Hi all finally got my Scooby brand new last week. A dream come true.
My neighbour who i hadnt told yet tells my missus in the garden that she saw that some car had rolled back into a car in our car parking area. oh right she says what car was it ?
a new subaru!! my brand new dream car.
unfortunately this is an hour later- so the C**T had left + no details left.
Turns out woman up the road SAW it happen (it must have been a handbreak failure cos there was no one in it)- but didnt take the reg!!
Neighbour saw it resting against my car but didnt take it either as the car normally parks in there. so didnt take the reg either.
Unsuprisingly it hasnt been back since- I reported it to the police but they cant do anything without the reg.
BUT my question to anyone is this I know exactly what car it was (A metallic blue alfa GTV) as Ive obviously seen it in there before. Why cant the police check the address's of this, quite rare, car for my area. You wouldnt park there unless you live down my road or at worst the next road.
I spoke to the copper and he says he/she commited driving away from the scene of an accident- and thus not giving insurance details.

Any thoughts cos the whole drivers door is totally wrecked and is gonna cost me (subaru reckon) £500+labour. which considering i only got it 9days ago was not budgeted I cant claim insurance cos im on £500 excess and its through the roof anyway without any claims!

I pay council tax (alot) so surely a criminal offence has occured (it may seem minor but not to me and not to other drivers that this happens to) so why cant/won't the police do anything?- even if I find this fella i dont want a confrontation i just want his money

It's a shame my first post is this and not that my dream car has arrived. and getting to know you all.

let us know if this has happened to any of you and can I do anything more?

Cheers
Trevor
The Polis won't get involved, the reason they won't check the database is the data protection act (it's there to protect the f*cking criminals)

A woman in Liverpool crashed into the back of my at the time brand new Accord Type R and gave me a false name and address. I went to the local cop shop and they refused to check the reg I had. The insurance company got the information after about 3 weeks.

I just had to sit on my **** and wait for the claim to go through.
Old 11 September 2005, 04:43 PM
Micky_C
Scooby Newbie

As its a third party claim u SHOULD be able to claim off their insurance without it affecting yours.

Consequently, i'd get the reg of the car (if you're SURE its the same one) and take pics of the damage to both your car and the Alfa. Forward this to your insurers and ask them to pursue the claim; they'll be able to find who the driver is insured with and contact their company.

I recently had a van go into the back of me (thou both of us were present at the time) and my insurers sorted it all out and it hasnt affected my premium as the other company paid up.

Only way i can see of u getting it sorted without finding out where the Alfa lives and confronting them about the damage. Then claim you will press charges and by law they have driven away from the scene of an accident (which i believe carries up to 6 points or a ban?) and see what they say! Might say "sorry, didnt realise (yeah right!) lets sort it out"-u never know! Whatever u do, get pics of your damage and the corresponding damage on the culprit car close up, from a distance, with reg plates in etc etc!
Old 11 September 2005, 04:54 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

What might be worth doing is having a stroll around the other streets in the area later tonight - if they have been past and seen your car still parked there, they are unlikely to park again in your street in case someone mentions it to them.

If you have seen them there often, they must either live nearby, or be visiting someone nearby - maybe make up a flyer and deliver it round all the houses in the nearby streets - 'Do you know who owns this car ?' sort of thing with a pic of a car the same off the web on it - could be the boyfriend of someone that another neighbour doesnt like and will be more than happy to tell you who it belongs to.

Once you've found the car, you'll need to prove it was them that did it - check for damage on their car with your colour paint on it - if they have had it fixed already, look for signs of repair - rather than asking them, confront them directly and say 'one of my neighbours saw you hit my car and wrote down your reg # which they will give to the police unless you sort it out and cough up'
Old 11 September 2005, 04:55 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Cheers fellas

I havent seen it back (it had gone when i got there- ive got pics of my car) so I have no pictures of his car or his reg. There is no way considering the damage to my door that he didnt realise- so I really dont think he'll be back because he knows he's in trouble!! it may be his girlfriend lives here or something.

Thing is though unless there's something dodgy about the car he has now got to change his entire life style- he was parked there most nights- just to get out of a small insurance claim!

Doesnt that seem strange (or stupid)? i would have said just to him either pay for the damage or go through the insurance- it was an accident his handbrake failed! But now if i find him im gonna get him on the insurance AND leaving the scene! and he'll have to move or sell his motor cos if i find it I'll report him!
Old 11 September 2005, 06:34 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

If, as everyone seems to think its a handbrake failure, it could be worth popping into your nearest Alfa dealer, and having a word with the parts manager, explaining that there will be a nice reward if he could furnish you with the details of anyone enquiring about gtv handbake cables or associated parts.
Old 11 September 2005, 06:39 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

it will never amount to anything, even if you end up getting his reg no now, a similar thing happened to me, we informed the police and got his reg no the next time the vehicle was parked in the street it even had my cars paint all over his back end from the crash. but he told the police it was from another accident and i got fobbed off to pay for it.

Trending Topics

Old 14 September 2005, 11:30 AM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Well I havent found the culprit

But the bill is £831.75 !!!

I knew my scoob would be dear...
Old 14 September 2005, 12:48 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaunywrx
If, as everyone seems to think its a handbrake failure, it could be worth popping into your nearest Alfa dealer, and having a word with the parts manager, explaining that there will be a nice reward if he could furnish you with the details of anyone enquiring about gtv handbake cables or associated parts.
The rate that things fall off of Alfas you could end up with a big list
Old 14 September 2005, 04:28 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go knocking on doors until you find out where the culprit visits.
Old 14 September 2005, 04:43 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

That ******* sucks m8, I hope the rest of your Scoob ownership is a little happier

As mentioned I would be out around all the streets for half a mile, you can buy lots of trainers for £800
Old 14 September 2005, 04:54 PM
doc r
Scooby Regular

Angry

**** m8 that is crap sounds like you just had sum real bad luck.hope you find the idiot that did it en get it sorted. goodluck with it all anyway m8