Sponsored by:

www.racingline.us

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2005, 04:09 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.racingline.us

how come scooby evo and pulsar owners are always argueing but everyone seems to like skylines http://www.racingline.us/phpBB2/index.php
Old 10 September 2005, 04:15 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ukdave
how come scooby evo and pulsar owners are always argueing but everyone seems to like skylines http://www.racingline.us/phpBB2/index.php
Because everyone knows that skylines rule

Chris
Old 10 September 2005, 04:23 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

yer but we get grief off of pulsar owners for scoobys being unreliable-lol proper makes me laff pulsars arent exactly bombproof are they?
Old 10 September 2005, 04:57 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Neither are Skylines, I have one mate who's P1 is off the road the other with a Skyline GTR off the road. A Turbo has gone on his but both turbo's have to be looked at (apparently they are a balanced pair) and Abbey Motorsport want something like £1700 to put the car back on the road. Oh yeah, he had an engine rebuild in the Spring too which was none too cheap.
Old 10 September 2005, 05:28 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulsars are WELL unrealiable! They are like the Renault 5 Turbos of old, which like going BANG all the time!

Being out in Cyprus, its interesting to see which cars that get tuned, can handle the heat etc, as its a real test to see which has the best engines. Evos go bang ALOT quicker than Scoobys! Every performance garage/service stations here, swear than Scoobys are alot more realiable!
I do have a few friends that have GTRs/GTSs as well which seem to be as good as the Scoobs.
Old 10 September 2005, 09:06 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CyprusScooby
Pulsars are WELL unrealiable! They are like the Renault 5 Turbos of old, which like going BANG all the time!

Being out in Cyprus, its interesting to see which cars that get tuned, can handle the heat etc, as its a real test to see which has the best engines. Evos go bang ALOT quicker than Scoobys! Every performance garage/service stations here, swear than Scoobys are alot more realiable!
I do have a few friends that have GTRs/GTSs as well which seem to be as good as the Scoobs.
suprised me that thought from a tuning point of view the evos would probably be the more reliable one.
Old 10 September 2005, 11:05 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

From what I've seen, it seems to be a different type of person who buys a Skyline.

Trending Topics

Old 10 September 2005, 11:25 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
From what I've seen, it seems to be a different type of person who buys a Skyline.
i dont know theres a few young uns or youngish with them round here.
Old 10 September 2005, 11:41 PM
joshjosh
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by highlander68k
most people that own skylines are quite, not the cars but them they know there car is better than just about any other car for the money! (i wouldnt be a big skyline fan ) and if you have ever owned one you will understand! i work with them for a living www.pb-z.se im not saying other cars are not good just well there not a skyline :P

josh
Old 11 September 2005, 11:02 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joshjosh
most people that own skylines are quite, not the cars but them they know there car is better than just about any other car for the money! (i wouldnt be a big skyline fan ) and if you have ever owned one you will understand! i work with them for a living www.pb-z.se im not saying other cars are not good just well there not a skyline :P

josh
My best mate's got a WRX at the moment and because i've raised the game a bit by going all out on my RA he's started looking at Skylines. A few choice mods or buy one already specced and you're sorted. Cracking cars with brutish looks but without the brutish image. Likely to be my next car.
Old 11 September 2005, 11:06 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

josh
sure what do the swedish know, tinkin of swappin my scoob for a saab, at least i know il be safe if i crash
Old 12 September 2005, 12:35 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Didn't say they were reliable, just that they rule

Originally Posted by Mark_S
Neither are Skylines, I have one mate who's P1 is off the road the other with a Skyline GTR off the road. A Turbo has gone on his but both turbo's have to be looked at (apparently they are a balanced pair) and Abbey Motorsport want something like £1700 to put the car back on the road. Oh yeah, he had an engine rebuild in the Spring too which was none too cheap.
Old 12 September 2005, 05:42 PM
joshjosh
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
sure what do the swedish know, tinkin of swappin my scoob for a saab, at least i know il be safe if i crash
Its people like you that make my life worth living, your mouth fully outways your brain!!

First of all what do you know about swedish poeple or there culture? nothing im sure!!!

Second, ********, since when were saabs safe?? think you got that one mixed up with volvos!!!!

oh and third im not actually swedish so next time think before you open your extremely smart mouth!!
Old 12 September 2005, 06:06 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its people like you that make my life worth living, your mouth fully outways your brain!!

First of all what do you know about swedish poeple or there culture? nothing im sure!!!

Second, ********, since when were saabs safe?? think you got that one mixed up with volvos!!!!

oh and third im not actually swedish so next time think before you open your extremely smart mouth!!
Nice attitue newbie.

FWIW Saabs have been tested as safer then Volvos. One of their adverts used to feature a picture of the injured Volvo crash test dummies and the slogan "You'd be surprised which Swedish car manufacturer is the safest".
Old 12 September 2005, 07:12 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

This will male a few people laugh but i had an R33 for a while and i found that a LOT more unreliable than my old Sti 6 typer V-LTD. I then whent on to an R34 and that didnt turn out to be much better. Round the corner too quick = oil starvation = knocking big end lol = ££££ for a refresh. One good thing about the skyline is the driveability. I found the 34 a lot more comfortable to drive and power was easier to get. I got 530bhp with only a few mods.

Gez
Old 12 September 2005, 11:23 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Didn't say they were reliable, just that they rule
Skylines dont rule but they do deserve a bit of respect.
Old 13 September 2005, 07:54 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark_S
Skylines dont rule but they do deserve a bit of respect.
We'll agree to disagree then
Old 13 September 2005, 10:36 AM
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Because everyone knows that skylines rule

Chris
biassed opinion , my scoob rules
Old 14 September 2005, 07:04 PM
joshjosh
Scooby Newbie

let me make this easy for you guys, what would you rather drvie a car called a "Scooby" or a "Godzilla" ???
Old 14 September 2005, 11:17 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know, not driven a Skyline.
Old 15 September 2005, 11:18 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPIKE LIKE MIKE
biassed opinion , my scoob rules
Only in your dreams Spikey boy

Are your neighbours still speeking to you

Chris
Old 15 September 2005, 01:06 PM
turbotroll
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE Second, ********, since when were saabs safe?? QUOTE]

Since 1947!! Check out theses innovations - all before 1980.

1958 - Safety belts as standard.
1965 - Dual brake circuits introduced.
1970 - Headlight wash-wipe.
1971 - Energy absorbing bumpers.
1972 - Side-impact protection.
1978 - Collapsable steering column.

And you can find masses of info on Saabs real-life safety philosophy, which goes way beyond passing euro NCAP tests. Also reasearch all the awards/recognition won by Saab for safety, if you're not too busy calling people ********.