ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   www.racingline.us (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/455955-www-racingline-us.html)

ukdave 10 September 2005 04:09 PM

www.racingline.us

how come scooby evo and pulsar owners are always argueing but everyone seems to like skylines http://www.racingline.us/phpBB2/index.php

chris singleton 10 September 2005 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ukdave
how come scooby evo and pulsar owners are always argueing but everyone seems to like skylines http://www.racingline.us/phpBB2/index.php

Because everyone knows that skylines rule ;) :D

Chris

ukdave 10 September 2005 04:23 PM

yer but we get grief off of pulsar owners for scoobys being unreliable-lol proper makes me laff pulsars arent exactly bombproof are they?

Mark_S 10 September 2005 04:57 PM

Neither are Skylines, I have one mate who's P1 is off the road the other with a Skyline GTR off the road. A Turbo has gone on his but both turbo's have to be looked at (apparently they are a balanced pair) and Abbey Motorsport want something like £1700 to put the car back on the road. Oh yeah, he had an engine rebuild in the Spring too which was none too cheap.

CyprusScooby 10 September 2005 05:28 PM

Pulsars are WELL unrealiable! They are like the Renault 5 Turbos of old, which like going BANG all the time!

Being out in Cyprus, its interesting to see which cars that get tuned, can handle the heat etc, as its a real test to see which has the best engines. Evos go bang ALOT quicker than Scoobys! Every performance garage/service stations here, swear than Scoobys are alot more realiable!
I do have a few friends that have GTRs/GTSs as well which seem to be as good as the Scoobs.

ukdave 10 September 2005 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by CyprusScooby
Pulsars are WELL unrealiable! They are like the Renault 5 Turbos of old, which like going BANG all the time!

Being out in Cyprus, its interesting to see which cars that get tuned, can handle the heat etc, as its a real test to see which has the best engines. Evos go bang ALOT quicker than Scoobys! Every performance garage/service stations here, swear than Scoobys are alot more realiable!
I do have a few friends that have GTRs/GTSs as well which seem to be as good as the Scoobs.

suprised me that thought from a tuning point of view the evos would probably be the more reliable one.

highlander68k 10 September 2005 11:05 PM

From what I've seen, it seems to be a different type of person who buys a Skyline.

ukdave 10 September 2005 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by highlander68k
From what I've seen, it seems to be a different type of person who buys a Skyline.

i dont know theres a few young uns or youngish with them round here.

joshjosh 10 September 2005 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by highlander68k

most people that own skylines are quite, not the cars but them they know there car is better than just about any other car for the money! (i wouldnt be a big skyline fan ;) ) and if you have ever owned one you will understand! i work with them for a living www.pb-z.se im not saying other cars are not good just well there not a skyline :P

josh

JTaylor 11 September 2005 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by joshjosh
most people that own skylines are quite, not the cars but them they know there car is better than just about any other car for the money! (i wouldnt be a big skyline fan ;) ) and if you have ever owned one you will understand! i work with them for a living www.pb-z.se im not saying other cars are not good just well there not a skyline :P

josh

My best mate's got a WRX at the moment and because i've raised the game a bit by going all out on my RA he's started looking at Skylines. A few choice mods or buy one already specced and you're sorted. Cracking cars with brutish looks but without the brutish image. Likely to be my next car.

flat4_ire 11 September 2005 11:06 AM

josh

sure what do the swedish know, ;) tinkin of swappin my scoob for a saab, at least i know il be safe if i crash ;)

chris singleton 12 September 2005 12:35 PM

Didn't say they were reliable, just that they rule ;) :p

Originally Posted by Mark_S
Neither are Skylines, I have one mate who's P1 is off the road the other with a Skyline GTR off the road. A Turbo has gone on his but both turbo's have to be looked at (apparently they are a balanced pair) and Abbey Motorsport want something like £1700 to put the car back on the road. Oh yeah, he had an engine rebuild in the Spring too which was none too cheap.

joshjosh 12 September 2005 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
sure what do the swedish know, ;) tinkin of swappin my scoob for a saab, at least i know il be safe if i crash ;)

Its people like you that make my life worth living, your mouth fully outways your brain!!

First of all what do you know about swedish poeple or there culture? nothing im sure!!!

Second, dickhead, since when were saabs safe?? think you got that one mixed up with volvos!!!!

oh and third im not actually swedish so next time think before you open your extremely smart mouth!!

7 Foot 12 September 2005 06:06 PM

Its people like you that make my life worth living, your mouth fully outways your brain!!

First of all what do you know about swedish poeple or there culture? nothing im sure!!!

Second, dickhead, since when were saabs safe?? think you got that one mixed up with volvos!!!!

oh and third im not actually swedish so next time think before you open your extremely smart mouth!!

Nice attitue newbie. :rolleyes:

FWIW Saabs have been tested as safer then Volvos. One of their adverts used to feature a picture of the injured Volvo crash test dummies and the slogan "You'd be surprised which Swedish car manufacturer is the safest".

Gez 12 September 2005 07:12 PM

This will male a few people laugh but i had an R33 for a while and i found that a LOT more unreliable than my old Sti 6 typer V-LTD. I then whent on to an R34 and that didnt turn out to be much better. Round the corner too quick = oil starvation = knocking big end lol = ££££ for a refresh. One good thing about the skyline is the driveability. I found the 34 a lot more comfortable to drive and power was easier to get. I got 530bhp with only a few mods.

Gez

Mark_S 12 September 2005 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Didn't say they were reliable, just that they rule ;) :p

Skylines dont rule but they do deserve a bit of respect.

chris singleton 13 September 2005 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_S
Skylines dont rule but they do deserve a bit of respect.

We'll agree to disagree then ;) :D

SPIKE LIKE MIKE 13 September 2005 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Because everyone knows that skylines rule ;) :D

Chris

biassed opinion:razz: , my scoob rules:)

joshjosh 14 September 2005 07:04 PM

let me make this easy for you guys, what would you rather drvie a car called a "Scooby" or a "Godzilla" ???

7 Foot 14 September 2005 11:17 PM

Don't know, not driven a Skyline.

chris singleton 15 September 2005 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by SPIKE LIKE MIKE
biassed opinion:razz: , my scoob rules:)

Only in your dreams Spikey boy ;) :D

Are your neighbours still speeking to you ;)

Chris

turbotroll 15 September 2005 01:06 PM

[QUOTE Second, dickhead, since when were saabs safe?? QUOTE]

Since 1947!! Check out theses innovations - all before 1980.

1958 - Safety belts as standard.
1965 - Dual brake circuits introduced.
1970 - Headlight wash-wipe.
1971 - Energy absorbing bumpers.
1972 - Side-impact protection.
1978 - Collapsable steering column.

And you can find masses of info on Saabs real-life safety philosophy, which goes way beyond passing euro NCAP tests. Also reasearch all the awards/recognition won by Saab for safety, if you're not too busy calling people dickhead.