Sponsored by:

2006 Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2005, 09:33 PM
UKTexan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impreza

After a nine month break, i finally have another STI, so all is well again.
I returned to the UK for six days last Christmas and decided to sell my 1999 STI Ver V Type R, owned from new, 22k on the clock, best car I ever owned, and all that.

Admittedly, I now own a left hooker in the States, with a 2.5l engine, something about crappy fuel that we get over here? So far very happy, but only driven 1000 miles. It has electronic and manual DCCD, water spray, six box, 6 disc in dash changer and 3 buttons for lazy people to open gates and power garage doors.

It seems pretty good so far. Not quite as frantic through the box as the type r, which was great around the Wolds of Leicester/Nottinghamshire. The sixth gear helps on the highway. Type R 5th 80mph = 4000rpm ish. This is about 3300rpm in 6th. Brembo brakes are definately a major improvement, but they have been standard for a while. Wing mirrors are smaller than I remember and the wing over here is either way too high or just a little too low. Right at flashing blue light height. May be looking to change those soon. I don't know what mods are available over here, I would like to change the exhaust / downpipe out. But we will have to see.

Looks wise, to me it is an improvement over the previous two models, but not quite as nice as the classic. But hey if you like them....great! Still prefer two doors to four, but I don't get that choice anymore. Impreza's still seem to draw attention wherever you go.