Sponsored by:

Ooooooooooooh, back to PalmerSport Monday Week

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2005, 12:26 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ooooooooooooh, back to PalmerSport Monday Week

For the first time since 2000 (did it three times at Bruntingthorpe).

And I still have my trophy for winning the Scooby Sprint (first of 35) by a country mile last time around and (less salubrious), the video of JP presenting it to me. However it was this very fact that gave me my love of Scoobies in the first place. The driving expert was convinced that it was the fact that I had a Primera GT and to me (other than the obvious power issue) the handling, particularly powering through corners was identical - i.e. you could keep pushing the power once you were in the corner and the car would keep going where you wanted it to. Came 5th overall that day. 3rd in the Caterham but struggled in the off-roader and Elise (what a **** car that is/was).

This time around I'm at Bedford. For those that have done it how does this compare to Bruntingthorpe and do they still have Scoobs ? A bit wary of taking my PPP Sti up there as there'll be an expectation for me to repeat the feat.

Given the organisation and attention to details years ago I can only guess that another 5 years has got this day running to near perfection.
Old 03 September 2005, 01:18 AM
BoBBoB
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Palmersport day at Bedford is fantastic

I have had the good fortune to go 7 times to Bedford :-) Won it 5 times, got a second and a forth !!

The good thing about Bedford is they have purpose built circuits for most cars, its very very well run and very professional. You will have a fantastic day, my favourite cars are the Caterham (lots and lots of sliding in the wet), the JP1 (basically looks like a mini Le Mans Car and goes like stink) and the Clio (with full 'crash' gearbox).

Hope you enjoy it :-)

BoBBoB