Main dealer parts prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2005, 04:32 PM
AVI-8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Main dealer parts prices!!

Just phoned up a Subaru dealer southside of Glasgow for a timing belt price

£83.00 + VAT Bleedin hell I thought thats a bit much for a bit of strengthened rubber.

So I phoned up the Subaru dealer in Ayr expecting the price to be similar if not exactly the same (there both franchised dealers after all)

£56.00 + VAT

Pays to shop around Guys

Old 02 September 2005, 04:40 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

And you get 10% off with some dealers if you're a member of the SIDC www.sidc.co.uk
Old 02 September 2005, 05:06 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Asks myself - Why have I sold my Scoob

Its not on really. Its time all this evidence was collated and sent to IM. Should be an equal rpicing policy for parts and service work across all main dealers
Old 02 September 2005, 05:59 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve777
Asks myself - Why have I sold my Scoob

Its not on really. Its time all this evidence was collated and sent to IM. Should be an equal rpicing policy for parts and service work across all main dealers
Absolutely, but I can guess which price they will make them all use!
Old 02 September 2005, 10:23 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Red face

The dealers parts prices are set by IM but some rip off dealers seem to think that its ok to charge more than these set prices, lots of prices got reduced about 18 months ago and some dealers have seen this as an oppertunity to make more money even though there markup remained intact, I had a problem at a dealer nr maidstone who were charged me £6.50 for an oil filter on a service when I knew the price should have been £4.50 (now £4.44) pointed this out to them and the changed my invoice to £4.50 and said they would look into it (bull**** as in my opinon they knew exactly what they were doing) anyway some months later the guy who bought my old P1 had it serviced there and got charged yep you guessed it £6.50 for the oil filter, so as a result they have kissed my bussiness goodbuy and I now go too another dealer who charges the correct prices for parts. So the answer to the thread should be that the cambelt should cost the same whatever dealer you go to unless they are giveing you discount, any similar stories out there??? and I agree with someone above THIS NEEDS INVESTIGATING and IM need to be made aware of whats going on.
Old 02 September 2005, 10:52 PM
AVI-8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
The dealers parts prices are set by IM but some rip off dealers seem to think that its ok to charge more than these set prices, lots of prices got reduced about 18 months ago and some dealers have seen this as an oppertunity to make more money even though there markup remained intact, I had a problem at a dealer nr maidstone who were charged me £6.50 for an oil filter on a service when I knew the price should have been £4.50 (now £4.44) pointed this out to them and the changed my invoice to £4.50 and said they would look into it (bull**** as in my opinon they knew exactly what they were doing) anyway some months later the guy who bought my old P1 had it serviced there and got charged yep you guessed it £6.50 for the oil filter, so as a result they have kissed my bussiness goodbuy and I now go too another dealer who charges the correct prices for parts. So the answer to the thread should be that the cambelt should cost the same whatever dealer you go to unless they are giveing you discount, any similar stories out there??? and I agree with someone above THIS NEEDS INVESTIGATING and IM need to be made aware of whats going on.
Interesting after reading your post I checked the price I paid for an oil filter from the same dealership who were selling the timing belt for a hugely inflated price and found that they charged me £4.44. so maybe it's just timing belts where they rip off the motorists.

Prices between dealerships should be standardised though
Old 02 September 2005, 11:09 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

there has just been a price increase of around 4% on some parts