Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have THE Worst Luck..........EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2005, 05:01 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy I Have THE Worst Luck..........EVER!!!

Driving my scoob last Friday night and after only covering a couple of Thousand Miles after a full rebuid (forged pistons, rods, crank, VF-34, 550's etc etc etc) it meted a piston

It could be the MAF again so I recon for safety ill go for a fully programable ECU and also see if I can get my Hands on a paralell fuel rail.

I was absolutely gutted when it hapened but Gav at TSL (more than helpfull as ever!) said not to worry as it should be a warratable job. Phew!

Then on Saturday I find out that seven windows at the office have been shattered by some little B***ards throwing rocks over the fence.

Then today I get back to my Mondeo parked outside a customers place and some T**T has bloody driven into it breaking the rear light on the drivers side and taking the paint down to the primer and folding the metal around the cluster.

Well they say bad luck comes in threes! I hope thats all there is
Old 31 August 2005, 05:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

and i was pissed cos sum b**stards feeked my fuel cap and surround panal attempting to syphon off my juice then decided straight up into the fuel tank with a screwdriver would be easier......
Old 31 August 2005, 05:25 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did u just melt a piston??? that car shud be running like new, dont understand how evryone here gets so many probs! un real
Old 31 August 2005, 05:55 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
how did u just melt a piston??? that car shud be running like new, dont understand how evryone here gets so many probs! un real
Dodgy maf + car driven on boost = Hello rebuild.

Did you not get any warning? No hesitation at about 3-4k, no idle issues?

Yikes, you had some bad luck mate, I hope it is a warranty job, an ECU like Apexi doesn't mask a failing MAF if I understand it correctly from previous threads, so that would be one way to go. Alternatively, the famed knocklink should indicate a failing maf if you wanted to stick with the Subaru ECU. Maybe have a word with a reputable mapper?

NS04
Old 01 September 2005, 10:59 AM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Dodgy maf + car driven on boost = Hello rebuild.

Did you not get any warning? No hesitation at about 3-4k, no idle issues?

Yikes, you had some bad luck mate, I hope it is a warranty job, an ECU like Apexi doesn't mask a failing MAF if I understand it correctly from previous threads, so that would be one way to go. Alternatively, the famed knocklink should indicate a failing maf if you wanted to stick with the Subaru ECU. Maybe have a word with a reputable mapper?

NS04

The weird think is it was running really well. No tickover problems and pulled really well.

I think ill go for just about every safety device possible next time! I already have six defi gauges because im paranoid. I deffo get a knocklink, i really could kick myself for not already getting one

I think im going to go for a Hydra ECU and just bin the MAF and Lambda. Either that or just sell my car im getting a bit fed up!