Sponsored by:

new scoob

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 03:31 PM
scooby-stu2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new scoob

i am looking at buying my first impreza soon but didnt know which one i should be looking at getin, gona be the earlier shape, thought i wud introduce myself to a turbo 2000 first, but possibly a wrx, would love the sti though, what is the different specs on the interior and bodywork between these, last one would i be better off with a uk car rather than an import, cheers.
Old 23 August 2005, 04:05 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Hi buddy,

Guess you need to establish what your budget is first before making any decisions.

Insurance will be cheaper on a UK spec Impreza rather than an import sti for one.

I had a UK97 Turbo for four years and although I loved it regretted not buying an sti in the first instance. Saved £600.00 or so on insurance but that pretty much went on my first round of modifications. In the end achieved a car that put a standard sti to shame but then again one look at my bank balance told its own story................and if I'd have started with a higher spec in the first place would have achieved more power.

Good place to look at FAQ's is here: www.sidc.co.uk

Welcome btw
Old 23 August 2005, 04:09 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Found an old Japanese Performance magazine as well mate that you might find useful which contains a "Scooby Buyers Guide". (classic shape)

Details all the specs of each model and gives you an idea of what you need to be looking for.

Let me know if you want me to throw it in the post for you.

Rob
Old 24 August 2005, 02:58 AM
scooby-stu2
Scooby Regular

Ye that will be a great help cheers mate i will send you pm.I have got around £7000 to spend, you not got an impreza now then.
Old 24 August 2005, 03:29 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-stu2
Ye that will be a great help cheers mate i will send you pm.I have got around £7000 to spend, you not got an impreza now then.
http://www.wrx.co.uk/

Have a word with Lee. I've just bought my RA from him. I've also had his brother tune cars for me for over decade and he prepares Lee's cars (i've watched some of the cars advertised being serviced accordingly for sale?. I've seen and sat-in lees car,s and they're always very clean.

£7000 would buy you a nice, clean, 50k, standard MY99 if you look around. My advice would be to leave it standard (I love the standard set-up) and keep your're eye out for something with all the bits done a bit later down the line. I would say that though 'cos that's what I did
Old 24 August 2005, 01:38 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-stu2

STI8 now Stu although I'm determined to keep it relatively standard. Gone are the days of spending £10k on mods.

Got your PM-will post it tomorrow mate.