Sponsored by:

£500 bill from dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2005, 11:37 PM
scoobiz7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default £500 bill from dealer...

Just thought i would have a moan on here if anyone is interested in reading my story.

I booked my Impreza into the local dealership who was recommended to me from a friend to get a rear wheel bearing replaced.

I was informed that the job would take around 2 hours maximum due to some wheel bearings being a problem and was quoted £210 + Vat. I thought this was still steap but i wanted the job done.

So the car was booked in, so i took the day of work and took it down at 9am on the dot and gave them the keys. I phoned at 1pm and they said they had not even started on my car so i thought fine and asked when it would be finished in which i was informed to ring back at 4pm. Doing so i was then told the car was on the ramp as we speak and i was to pick it up at 6pm - bare in mind the garage is 30mins drive from me.

So i got a friend to give me a lift and when i arrived the look of shock on the service dept manager was astonishing! He asked why I was there as the car would not be ready for another day as they could not get the wheel bearing out. After a bit of inconvience he told me to ring back in the morning and he would let me know what was to happen.

I phoned at lunch time as requested to be told that the housing rear axle was damaged and was needing to be replaced. I must admit the service manager was very polite and apologised for the service i had experienced so far which i thought was decent of him but deep down i knew i was going to end up in a bigger hole than originally thought.

So they said the car would be fixed the following evening for 6pm as they would have to wait on the extra parts being delivered. I asked for a courtesy car in which i was to travel back to the garage (different mate this time) to receive a shacked up L reg peugeot estate that i had to put on my OWN insurance to drive, as well as the drivers door did not open from the inside - had to put my hand out the window!! When I jumped in the car i noticed it was on empty so the first place i had to go was the petrol station!

Was a very unpleasant few days however the bill is paid, the scoob is running good apart from rear brakes will need replaced soon so more money but i still smile when out in it....

The joys of scooby ownership i believe!!??
Old 19 August 2005, 08:57 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

how old is your car?
unless under warranty or you have a friendly dealer it will cost
martin
Old 19 August 2005, 09:08 AM
scoobiz7
Scooby Regular

I suppose it is getting old!

Its a MY94 Import but to be honest I think it is in cracking condition. Think it may be its first ever wheel bearing so i need to stop moaning but its just the thought of the bill!