Sponsored by:

1993 WRX - HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2005, 09:35 AM
R33BAZ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1993 WRX - HELP NEEDED

Just bought myself another scooby, this time a mint K plate with only 41k miles on the clock.

Looking for some help on a couple of things.....................

1) the brakes on the first WRX's were awful. what brakes are best to put on? what price and where from?

2) dump valve. car doesnt have one and i want a pretty loud one as i love the noise. ideas?

3) gauges. looking to get a pillar pod for 3 gauges but want to get the gauges that change colour. anyone know where u get these?

4) also looking to get a higher rear spoiler, new wiper blades, new dials and also a nice set of wheels so if anyone has these please let me know

5) oil. finally, what is the best oil to use in this car? i have no manual etc and cant remember from my last scooby what oil they take.

thanks peeps!!
Old 15 August 2005, 09:43 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R33BAZ
Just bought myself another scooby, this time a mint K plate with only 41k miles on the clock.

1) the brakes on the first WRX's were awful. what brakes are best to put on? what price and where from?

2) dump valve. car doesnt have one and i want a pretty loud one as i love the noise. ideas?

3) gauges. looking to get a pillar pod for 3 gauges but want to get the gauges that change colour. anyone know where u get these?

4) also looking to get a higher rear spoiler, new wiper blades, new dials and also a nice set of wheels so if anyone has these please let me know

5) oil. finally, what is the best oil to use in this car? i have no manual etc and cant remember from my last scooby what oil they take.

thanks peeps!!
1)breaks from the latter models are good as they are 4 pots and bigger
2) ive got a forge one thats loud and sounds good.
3)those guages that change colour are crap mate i got some and one came with a fault and the other died within 6 months
4)
5) as for oil i use 10-40 fully synth as subaru say u should use 10-40 and i used the fully synthetic because it is less likely to break down at higher temps
Old 15 August 2005, 10:49 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Old 15 August 2005, 11:00 AM
new_scooby_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R33BAZ

thanks peeps!!
Should have brought one already modded!!! Much cheaper way of doing it

Gonna end up costing u alot if u change alot, modded ones have already lost there value and you gain from it!!
Old 15 August 2005, 11:08 AM
R33BAZ
Scooby Regular

Default info

cheers for your help craig, appreciate it

new scooby boy - point being what i paid was much less than a modded one would cost me. also, a modded one is likely to have its **** kicked out it whereas mine has 41k miles and only been in UK since january. there is also the point of making a car your own! ie, mine doesnt look that great just now but adding my choice of mods it will all be it at a cost
Old 15 August 2005, 11:15 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

i 4got

brakes will cost £200-300 for second hand 4pots
ebay is a good place to look for them