Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2005, 10:15 PM
Jonny Chee
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for a new Scooby owner!

Hi all,

Glad to be a part of the forum!

Have just purchased a Silver 1992 Subaru Lecacy 2.0 turbo 4WD Estate 200BHP and have a few questions for you experts...
  1. Exhausts: I want to obtain a performance exhaust as mine is standard. Any suggestions or recommended dealers? I want something that is not too loud (but I don't mind a nice growl)!
  2. Mods: What other modifications would be worth going for and how much would they improve my performance?
  3. MPGs: I can't find too much info on this car on the net. What MPG's should I be expecting (obviously not gonna be too high)?
  4. Interior: My passenger side door panel has some holes in it. Any ideas where I could get a replacement?
Thanks in advance people!
Old 11 August 2005, 10:28 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi mate welcome to the mad house, nice to have you with us.

mods mate, cant really say which as the list could be endless, not to well up on your model.

exhaust, try www.scoobyworld.co.uk

the afterburner vortex is fantastic bit of kit. give them a call see if they can get it to fit yours. you wont be dissapointed with one.

parts, try grade-a subaru in midlands, there is loads try typing it in on the search function

other mods could be better panel filter or try induction kit, many go for panel as its safer for the maf sensor, also decat if its got one, better plugs and go from there.

tim
Old 11 August 2005, 10:43 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

legacy exhausts are impreza exhausts with two or three inches welded in the middle somewhere so i'm sure a few people will do them. backboxes fit both iirc... i've got a brutish kakimoto backbox f/s if you're looking?

as for MPG you might just creep into the 20s if you're careful around town, dropping to teens if you give it some on any road. cruising will be low 30s i'd imagine.