ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USC today

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2005, 03:32 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up USC today

Some nice motors up the strip today. I suppose scoobytc will be on later telling all who will listen that he whooped a Noble up the 1/4 mile this morning

That jet car thing today as well, feckin loud! Think it done it in about 5 seconds Thought the stunt driver was a bit of a maniac Donuts and drifting up and down the track and the "arena" area in a scooby, top driving and Im quite glad I caught it. Shame he dinged the front end though.

All in all a good weekend although I missed the fri night. A much much better event than JAE 2 weeks ago. Good to see that the commontator from JAE was at USC too, top bloke whoever you are!

Top marks to the Impreza (prosport?) impreza who went up the strip in the 9s as well.
Old 07 August 2005, 04:55 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

i dont think Mr Noble was too impressed,he didnt even acknowledge me when i gave him the at the end.Still thoroughly enjoyable weekend hope someone got some pics
Old 07 August 2005, 05:18 PM
scoobiecookie
Scooby Regular

just a pic of us 2 coming off the line on the sat would do. but at least i beat ya on a run tho daz hehhehe remember to wait for the green light next time
Old 07 August 2005, 05:58 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

its the only way u way u will ever beat me andy lol still a reaction time of -003 was damn close to perfect
Old 07 August 2005, 09:07 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup it waz a good weekend, shame the weather let it down abit
Old 08 August 2005, 10:19 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

i thought it was crap
Old 08 August 2005, 10:26 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

great weekend, quality evening entertainment too
Old 08 August 2005, 11:16 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

No matter how good it was, I suppose there will always be a select few who thought it was crap Had several go's at the funfair rides etc, there was even a lap dancing cabin Weather wise, dont know about the friday, but sat was ok, and I got burnt on Sunday.
Old 08 August 2005, 11:28 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

The only good thing was the rogerclark impreza, whihc ran out of nitrous. I got bored of these 'ultimate street cars' doing 14-16 sec 1/4's. The promo girls were 90% rank. I didnt know if my car would still have its wheels, the burburry was intoxicating, the shops were poor, the car displays were poor, the burgers were expensive, the drifting was alltogether a little underwelming.

overall a waste of £20 plus the petrol
Old 08 August 2005, 01:07 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by automodellistagt
The only good thing was the rogerclark impreza, whihc ran out of nitrous. I got bored of these 'ultimate street cars' doing 14-16 sec 1/4's. The promo girls were 90% rank. I didnt know if my car would still have its wheels, the burburry was intoxicating, the shops were poor, the car displays were poor, the burgers were expensive, the drifting was alltogether a little underwelming.

overall a waste of £20 plus the petrol
There was much more there than just one car FFS. Anyway, the very same car you mention managed a 9 odd second quarter mile on the sunday. The jet car than ran on both days cannot be termed as a disappointment, was the best thing there IMHO. I find it interesting seeing the diverse amount of cars going up the strip, among some of the failuers, there were some nice imprezas evos and mental minis.

Shame you also missed the stunt driver tearing around the strip in both of his show cars, one of which was a new shape Impreza. As for promo girls, I went to look at cars not letch over bimbos.

Out of our group, a 22b,sti5typeR skyline, uk wagon there was nothing nicked, also add that mucho equipment was lying around including stereo fridge speakers loads of beer and stuff that also managed to stay in place.

Burger prices were the same price youd pay at any show. In any case DIY BBQs much better value.

What more do you want out of an event anyway? I paid £45 (plus £20 Petrol ) for one night camping and Im not moaning.
Old 08 August 2005, 02:03 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

just my opinion. No matter how good YOU say it was I'M still going to think it was crap. BTW the burger thing was a bit of humour
Old 08 August 2005, 02:04 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
There was much more there than just one car FFS. Anyway, the very same car you mention managed a 9 odd second quarter mile on the sunday. The jet car than ran on both days cannot be termed as a disappointment, was the best thing there IMHO. I find it interesting seeing the diverse amount of cars going up the strip, among some of the failuers, there were some nice imprezas evos and mental minis.

Shame you also missed the stunt driver tearing around the strip in both of his show cars, one of which was a new shape Impreza. As for promo girls, I went to look at cars not letch over bimbos.

Out of our group, a 22b,sti5typeR skyline, uk wagon there was nothing nicked, also add that mucho equipment was lying around including stereo fridge speakers loads of beer and stuff that also managed to stay in place.

Burger prices were the same price youd pay at any show. In any case DIY BBQs much better value.

What more do you want out of an event anyway? I paid £45 (plus £20 Petrol ) for one night camping and Im not moaning.
Have to agree with everything above, USC is one of the better shows, normally good weather (I have sun tan to prove), some really fits birds, beer and food, you take yourself. we all know it goner be full of chav's but SOME of them are nice guys. It's nice to see lots of different cars going down the track, there are some are real sleepers and produce some cracking times.

With regards to being worried about having stuff nicked, we had 7 scoobs, 5 Honda's, loads of stuff around camp sight, (the honda's removed everything out of there cars and left them in the camp site), beer, food, chairs etc were all left alone, same last year and I'm sure it will be the same next year.
Old 09 August 2005, 05:10 PM
scoobiecookie
Scooby Regular

i cant fault the weekend i go every year and as soon as i get back i start planning for the next year ive never lost anything up there ( but tried to give the wife the slip to go to the lap dance tent ) never had no trouble and weathers always been reasonable at worse. for £20 u must have gone for just the day. next time make a w/end out of it cos your enjoy it more just as long as u have friends to go with.