Sponsored by:

Colour Matching WR Blue...

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 05:31 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colour Matching WR Blue...

Whilst we where on holiday in the Lakes, my dad had a little prang...oops!

He phones the insurance co - Frizzels (L&V) and told them. Whene we got back home they said re phoe them about a bodyshop. He duly did and got told of a bodyshop in Hemel Hempsted. Whilst he was their my dad said that the previous rear bumber repair that was carried out by CD Brammels in St.Albans the colour match was not correct - much lighter. This guy, said that you can not colour match correcty plastic to metal - there will always be a difference. Is he talking out of his 4$$ or what.

If bodyshops can't colour match correctly on plastic to match metal, how come Subaru can at the factory??

Depending on what is said inreply, ill get my dad to phone people like Scooby clinic, Little knocks and the likes see what they say on the matter.

Thanks

Darren
Old 28 July 2005, 07:56 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

they are correct even new cars you can see some difference in plastic bumpers and metal bodywork. Saying that it can depend on the car colour to how noticable the difference is. I must admit my wr blue i have not noticed hardly any colour change
Old 29 July 2005, 09:12 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Oh ok. There is hardely any difference in the front bumper to the metal bodywork.....

Originally Posted by donutman
they are correct even new cars you can see some difference in plastic bumpers and metal bodywork. Saying that it can depend on the car colour to how noticable the difference is. I must admit my wr blue i have not noticed hardly any colour change
Old 30 July 2005, 04:04 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

My dad has just phoned up scoobyclinic and they say that they can colour match the plastic to the metal and that the place where my dad has been told by the insurance company is not true. You can colour match, well SC can any way. So my dad is going to phone Frizzels nxt week and see what they have to say.

Darren
Old 30 July 2005, 09:43 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darren

My Local Bodyshop (Colour tecknic) have colour coded quite a few bits for me in WR Blue mica...... plastic, Carbon fibre ( I had half the carbon bonnet sprayed ) etc... looked pretty good to me

on top of that they have been looking after the Westfield of Stan Palmers which is mostly WR blue which has been in a few scrapes and have managed to keep that looking pretty new as well

Midlife.....