Sponsored by:

WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK TO THIS

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2005, 03:43 PM
Karl-AL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK TO THIS

A couple of weeks ago i noticed the near side rear tyre on the car very worn, alot more than all the others, all the other tyres still have loads of tread on,
The car is a 05 sti with 4600 miles on it.
So i rang Robinsons(in Rochdale) where i got it from and they said bring it down, they had a look and said that nothing appeared to be wrong with the car but i would have to bring it back at a later date for them to check the 4 wheel alinement at a price of £56+vat for 1 hours labour plus an extra charge if any ajustment is needed, and it is going to need a new tyre soon as well. so i said, i though it was a bit strange that i had to pay as the car is so new surely this shouldnt be happening to a brand new car.
So they said it is not covered by warranty because just going down a pot hole in the road can put the tracking out. Surely it would have to have a big bang to knock the tracking out especially on the rear of the car, and would it not damage the tyre or suspention as well, or are subarus just not that strong.
so what do you think any advice would be helpfull.
Old 27 July 2005, 03:49 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

that is bizarre i just noticed that on my car the other day

the front passenger side tyre is more worn out thatn any of the other tyres (F1s) fitted about 2 yrs ago, only use the car once or twice a week

does driving round a roundabout VERY often does that?
Old 27 July 2005, 04:25 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Originally Posted by wwp8
that is bizarre i just noticed that on my car the other day

the front passenger side tyre is more worn out thatn any of the other tyres (F1s) fitted about 2 yrs ago, only use the car once or twice a week

does driving round a roundabout VERY often does that?
YES - my nearside front is smooth as a babies ****!!

I drive around 8 roundabouts on my 12 mile commute to work...and my wheel geometry is spot on (with P1 geometry settings courtesy of Scoobyclinic )
Old 27 July 2005, 04:26 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
YES - my nearside front is smooth as a babies ****!!

I drive around 8 roundabouts on my 12 mile commute to work...and my wheel geometry is spot on (with P1 geometry settings courtesy of Scoobyclinic )
...on the shoulder, not the whole tyre
Old 27 July 2005, 04:55 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Karl-AL
A couple of weeks ago i noticed the near side rear tyre on the car very worn, alot more than all the others, all the other tyres still have loads of tread on,
The car is a 05 sti with 4600 miles on it.
So i rang Robinsons(in Rochdale) where i got it from and they said i would have to bring it back at a later date for them to check the 4 wheel alinement at a price of £56+vat for 1 hours labour plus an extra charge if any ajustment is needed
So they said it is not covered by warranty
Karl, sorry mate this might be my fault. I had an issue with them a couple of weeks back where they said I owed them £450 and I told them to get fooked after a part ex deal turned sour for them.

I commented at the time that they would be looking to make it back somehow - looks like you are the unlucky one.

Seriously, and to be fair to them though, unless it can be proved to be an inherant problem with the geometry you have no chance of warranty service. If you like a bit of a fast roundabout maneouver all the pressure is on that side of the front passenger side tyre. It would be nigh on impossible to prove it wasnt your fault.
Old 27 July 2005, 05:17 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Not been doing anticlockwise doughnuts have you ;0) ?