Sponsored by:

**Annoying Phone calls**

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2005, 01:49 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy **Annoying Phone calls**

As some of you maybe aware, my car is for sale on here, its also in the Auto trader, but i'm getting 2-3 phone calls a day from these company's who say "We have 2-3 people interested in your car", then thay give you loads of speel and ask you "can we book a viewing", then roll onto say we charge £79 blah blah blah, has anyone else had these people phoning you up when it came to selling cars, should i trust some of them and part with my cash, only for knowone to turn up ???. they ALL say they are finance company's and these potential buyers have gone to them for the loan of the money.
Any help b4 i do part with some cash would be a great help.
Bottom line, should i trust a couple of them ????

cheers Chris
Old 25 July 2005, 01:57 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

They are all a load of bull. They have no one to buy your car. Offer to give them £160 upon completion of the sale and when they say no ask why when they have already confirmed they have buyers ready !!!!
Old 25 July 2005, 02:01 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I had loads when i was selling my old car.
Old 25 July 2005, 02:05 PM
chelsea77
Scooby Regular

the biggest con going stay well clear , i got down by them a few years back and did anyone come and see my car? did they f**k
Old 25 July 2005, 02:38 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

see what did i say, most of the ****e i say is true as you see above^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 25 July 2005, 03:34 PM
smudge1070
Scooby Newbie

Default canvessers

hi there Chris, you need to put on your advert, if you advertise again, no canvessers, and no dont trust them

claire

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
As some of you maybe aware, my car is for sale on here, its also in the Auto trader, but i'm getting 2-3 phone calls a day from these company's who say "We have 2-3 people interested in your car", then thay give you loads of speel and ask you "can we book a viewing", then roll onto say we charge £79 blah blah blah, has anyone else had these people phoning you up when it came to selling cars, should i trust some of them and part with my cash, only for knowone to turn up ???. they ALL say they are finance company's and these potential buyers have gone to them for the loan of the money.
Any help b4 i do part with some cash would be a great help.
Bottom line, should i trust a couple of them ????

cheers Chris
Old 25 July 2005, 03:42 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smudge1070
hi there Chris, you need to put on your advert, if you advertise again, no canvessers, and no dont trust them

claire
Ahh, is that what canvessers are, and no i'm not being sarcastic, i didn't know whether canvessers where people who bought on behalf of someone else or people who just rang up like people are doing,

thanx for answering

Just had a look at my advert in Autotrader (on the internet anyway), and it clearly says no canvassers or agencies

Last edited by ChriSTi; 25 July 2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 25 July 2005, 04:41 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

When they phone up just answer every question with the word "Blah". Works a treat, the ******* wont phone back!
Old 25 July 2005, 04:41 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Dont do it!!!! I fell for it when I was desparately trying to sell a Vectra, never heard a dicky bird
Old 25 July 2005, 04:44 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Dont do it!!!! I fell for it when I was desparately trying to sell a Vectra, never heard a dicky bird
cheers paul, Must admit i'm getting itchy feet now, the car I'm after is gonna be sold if i dont get rid of mine soon
Old 25 July 2005, 05:11 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

I felt a bit naffed after I'd done it, your better off keeping it in Autotrader, for £79 you can keep it in there for a couple of months.

Seen your car on here, its a cracker, must sell soon, surely?
Old 25 July 2005, 06:02 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Still get these calls two months after the car has been sold. What are they working from? A copy of the Autotrader from May?

Mine also said No Canvassers and in the end told them I was going to report them. They soon stopped. Think they can get fined or something if the continue to hassle you.

Thankfully they only try my mobile number so I recognise them from the caller ID and leave it go to the answerphone.

Good luck with selling to a genuine buyer......nothing worse when you have your eyes on something else!
Old 25 July 2005, 06:06 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Try this link if you're all pi**ed off with unwanted calls. http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
Its free and should work.Been OK for me until I've left my details on a few sites.

Phil.
Old 25 July 2005, 06:29 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

thats wht I'd have thought Paul, but i think people are put of with the rear lights, i do have the originals in a box though. Maybet he price is too high also, may drop to £11000
Old 25 July 2005, 07:16 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

I'm sure its not the lights, just waiting for the right person, its certainly a sort after model.

Though trawling through the "cars for sale" on SN not many cars are selling.

Why dont you just part-ex her?
Old 25 July 2005, 08:14 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
I'm sure its not the lights, just waiting for the right person, its certainly a sort after model.

Though trawling through the "cars for sale" on SN not many cars are selling.

Why dont you just part-ex her?
I could do paul but she's an import, not that there's anything wrong with that, but i was gonna go down the Type Uk route this time, and i'm not sure a uk dealer will want my import as a part ex, secondly, yes David Hendry near me probably would take her of my hands, but fro probably only £10000, and he dosn't do uk cars, just EU models and JDM's, and i'm not sure i want to go down that road again (imports), thirdly, and I know its a feeble excuse, i cant get 100 ron fuel down here in wiltshire, i've been putting 98 in ith a bit of octane booster in, but i dont think its the same, I know people will say jdm's are better though.