Sponsored by:

pls help wrx tommy kaira

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2005, 08:16 PM
jaiscossie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pls help wrx tommy kaira

can anyone tell me what the differences on one of these are to a normal wrx? the one im after buying is a 1995 silver wrx tommy kaira. i can see the front and rear bumpers are different, are there any other differences as the owner doesnt really know. many thanks in advance
Old 21 July 2005, 09:02 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know a great deal about them but what i do know is they all have a Tommy Kaira number plaque on the O/S suspension turret saying the build No, they have different front and rear bumpers,high leval Tommy Kaira rear wing, 16" 5 or 6 spoke split rims in black IIRC, Tommy Kaira ecu (not much use with UK fuel), and some of them where allegedly 2.2 litres.
Do you have any pics?
Old 21 July 2005, 09:26 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

well some came with tommy kaira decal on the side but most take them off. you can get just the front bumper like my brothers one and finally all fo the ones i have seen jap auction sites have always been white and 1995, but that is probably just a coincidence.
Old 21 July 2005, 10:39 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

and i thought tk was a mitsu thingy
Old 21 July 2005, 10:53 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

no skylines too
Old 21 July 2005, 11:56 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
no skylines too
Yup cos i had a R33 Tommy Kaira
Old 22 July 2005, 12:23 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

You could always buy Scooby Magazine issue 2 :P

A 'proper' TK Scooby has the plate in the engine bay. That's the main identifier.

There are a number with much of the the TK kit on, which were fitted by TK, but aren't officially modified cars. You can still buy most of the kit from their website www.tommykaira.co.jp - run it through babelfish or similar.

Jon

A quick round up.... The wheels are unique, the interior is different, there should be 3 guages in the centre pod with Tommy Kaira on them, the front and rear bumpers are different, the exhaust has the TK logo on.

Last edited by highlander68k; 22 July 2005 at 12:29 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 22 July 2005, 12:28 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
You could always buy Scooby Magazine issue 2 :P

A 'proper' TK Scooby has the plate in the engine bay. That's the main identifier.

There are a number with much of the the TK kit on, which were fitted by TK, but aren't officially modified cars. You can still buy most of the kit from their website www.tommykaira.co.jp - run it through babelfish or similar.

Jon
Yup thats right. I had a R33 GTS T with a full Tommy Kaira kit. It also had plaques and stickers everywhere with their name and logo on but engine was pretty standard. I contacted TK to see how genuine this was and they told me to check under the bonnet to see if there is Tommy Kaira printed somewhere. And they also told me that some are released as TK modified cars i.e. engine body etc etc. And some are given in later for specific after market bits. The case with mine was the latter.

I had a friend who had a R33 GTR which had Tommy Kaira on its engine too. That must have been a fully TK customised car
Old 22 July 2005, 12:31 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Yup thats right. I had a R33 GTS T with a full Tommy Kaira kit. It also had plaques and stickers everywhere with their name and logo on but engine was pretty standard. I contacted TK to see how genuine this was and they told me to check under the bonnet to see if there is Tommy Kaira printed somewhere. And they also told me that some are released as TK modified cars i.e. engine body etc etc. And some are given in later for specific after market bits. The case with mine was the latter.

I had a friend who had a R33 GTR which had Tommy Kaira on its engine too. That must have been a fully TK customised car
Yep, if it has a numbered plate, they will give you the full spec of the car, if you can manage to get anyone who understands any of the English language (or if you speak Japanese).
Old 22 July 2005, 12:33 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
Yep, if it has a numbered plate, they will give you the full spec of the car, if you can manage to get anyone who understands any of the English language (or if you speak Japanese).
i was just gona say that. I contacted them by fone and we were like Hello, yes.... Hello

So i hung up and contacted them via email instead