Sponsored by:

WRX for a weekend car

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2005, 10:49 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX for a weekend car

Hi, Does anyone use a WRX (newage - not the Sti) for weekend fun?

I currently use mine for work and pleasure but due to my new job requirements I'm having to trek further distance resulting in mega mileage and boring motorway jaunts For this reason I'm planning to purchase a second car (diesel possibly) and reserve the WRX for weekends.
The only thing I'm thinking now is whether a WRX is going to be exteme enough for weekend fun or should I sell up and uplift my class to an STi. After all, the reason why I didn't buy the STi initially was due to its discomfort for day to day usage but that won't matter any more.....

decisions decisions...
Old 18 July 2005, 11:03 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobedoo

I currently use mine for work and pleasure but due to my new job requirements I'm having to trek further distance resulting in mega mileage and boring motorway jaunts For this reason I'm planning to purchase a second car (diesel possibly) and reserve the WRX for weekends.
The only thing I'm thinking now is whether a WRX is going to be exteme enough for weekend fun or should I sell up and uplift my class to an STi. After all, the reason why I didn't buy the STi initially was due to its discomfort for day to day usage but that won't matter any more.....

decisions decisions...
Well I have a 03 Blobeye STI with the 300BHP Prodrive Pack on for use on the weekends. And a Peugeot 205 1.8 Turbo Diesel for the daily jaunt to work and back. And believe me its like driving a finely tuned beast at the weekends as I forget how pathetic the 205 is when driving about. Not sure what I would recommend to be honest. I would try it for a bit then when you get bored with your WRX, either have it Prodrived Performance Packed or upgrade to an Sti.
Old 19 July 2005, 07:47 AM
ru'
Scooby Regular

I think the WRX is an excellent every day car; the PPP just makes it much better (just had mine fitted; review soon...).

I'd suggest an STi if it's only being used at weekends, although as you've already got the WRX it complicates things.
Old 19 July 2005, 08:56 AM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Originally Posted by Scoobedoo

decisions decisions...

I think you need to weigh up how much money you'd lose by getting rid of the WRX. I was in a similar situation, but worked out that my WRX had depreciated that badly, it wasn't worth it...Besides a newage WRX has potential for 360bhp ish on standard internals...