Mileage 50000 mls
Engine Size 2.0 litre
Fuel Petrol
Transmission Manual
Doors 2
Colour Black

[enlarge]

Special Features:
ABS, Air Conditioning / Climate, Alarm / Immobiliser, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, Central Locking, Driver and Passenger Airbags, Electric Windows and Mirrors, PAS, Imported

Additional Info:
this is a series bit of kit.version 4.full cat 1 alarm and tracker.import.harneses.runing est 400bhp.about £10000 spent on performance lots of receipts.turbo timer.boost gauge.pro-drived.mot till 09/05.no tax.p/x welcome.ring for furthe

Old 06 July 2005, 12:16 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, not to me, it would'nt be.
Old 06 July 2005, 12:24 AM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

me either. As much as I love classics (am sorely tempted by the V5's for sale at the mo) they are getting old and are starting to look a bit dated imho. I also think that the fact that some old ones are becoming affordable for chavs isn't helping the classic image.

Not sure if you've noticed but even the mighty P1 is suffering price-wise at the moment.
Old 06 July 2005, 12:30 AM
dannytwo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m3matt
me either. As much as I love classics (am sorely tempted by the V5's for sale at the mo) they are getting old and are starting to look a bit dated imho. I also think that the fact that some old ones are becoming affordable for chavs isn't helping the classic image.

Not sure if you've noticed but even the mighty P1 is suffering price-wise at the moment.
yep had noticed mate,was only looking at one in autotrader today and that was going for £11950
Old 06 July 2005, 12:41 AM
zakk
Scooby Regular

Thats too much money for the car...Autotrader does seem to gauge the going rates quite well...An extra couple of grand will buy a new age possibly with PPP (?), not as fast but in imho fast enough!! P1 would be a better choice as it is UK spec and still very fast and most importantly buying standard ones is best as theres less possiblity for things going wrong (not ideal when u've spent 11k), if this sti reallly is around 400bhp, it must have had some serious modification done to it. My two penny's worth? : wouldnt touch it for that price, .
Old 06 July 2005, 05:31 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is a series bit of kit

I don't trust adverts that don't take the time to check what they write
Old 06 July 2005, 07:51 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

A standard, good example, at the moment is worth between 7K -9K.

Trending Topics

Old 06 July 2005, 09:05 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

It has the Version 5 front bumper and rear spoiler, but I thought R reg's were Version 4's???
Old 06 July 2005, 09:40 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Looks alot like my mates old one... has it got brembos up front??? The reg was R555 ...
He spent s**t loads under the bonnet... looks very similar, where abouts is it up for sale at??? Cheshire area by any chance? My mate sold it earlier on this year, around April sort of time???
Old 06 July 2005, 09:51 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

It is it, just been on Trader... Well, I can vouch for the mods have been done, and could put you in contact with the lad that owned it when he ploughed over 12K into the engine...
It goes like s**t off a shovel... Whoever brought it off him must have decided to part with it...
ECU work was nearly 2K's worth, full engine rebuild, powder coated parts under bonnet.
Brembo's up front... Anti lag etc etc... Could go on forever whats been done, a awesome car... wish I'd had the money when he wanted to get rid...
Old 06 July 2005, 10:04 AM
dursley paul
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=m3matt] I also think that the fact that some old ones are becoming affordable for chavs isn't helping the classic image.

that is soooooo true...sadly they are being tarred with the same brush as the RS brigade you see some cheap examples being treated really badly, running cheapo bucket zorsts and ill judged "motaman" mods...a real shame...
Old 06 July 2005, 10:08 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

to be honest i have not seen a batterd old cossy kicking around for a while
the only ones i see nowadays are the restored and well looked after ones

classics will be the same in 5 years
Old 06 July 2005, 10:16 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

I am new to owning an Impreza. Bought my 2000 X for 7k. I bought it because I could not afford a new one! Does this make me a 'chav'? Just a few points....I don't wear Burberry, don't live in Essex and over 30!
Old 06 July 2005, 10:27 AM
dursley paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tall Paul
I am new to owning an Impreza. Bought my 2000 X for 7k. I bought it because I could not afford a new one! Does this make me a 'chav'? Just a few points....I don't wear Burberry, don't live in Essex and over 30!
no way, i love the classic...just don't like what some around my way have done to them. the classic is exactly that, classic. lower prices just mean that they are at risk of being abused (by a minority)...burberry is still posh down here
Old 06 July 2005, 10:30 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Cheers. My scooby is completely standard. I do prefer the classic shape, even better with the crystal lights. Not looking at putting a load of external mods on it. might upgrade a few engine parts but that's about it!
Old 06 July 2005, 10:56 AM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

No, it doesn't make you a chav Paul. I prefer the classic shape, although I do like the STi 8. The comments made elsewhere are spot on. Classics are becoming 'affordable' to people who won't look after them properly and probably aren't insured.

These cars end up being knackers and give all of the others a bad name. Additionally, the fact that they are still popular with scum and get nicked frequently doesn't help either.

I've seen all of this first-hand, a friend of mine saw my old (mint when I sold it in 2001) 1994 WRX a few weeks ago. It is now completely shagged, dents and scratches all over it, massive exhaust and driven like a **** by some a55hole

Matt
Old 06 July 2005, 11:14 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Cheers Matt

I must admit I do see the same around here. I bought the car because I have liked them and wanted one since I saw Jeremy Clarkson test drive one on Top Gear a few years ago!!
What has put me off in the past has been insurance, and now that is £500 a year for me and my missus, I can indulge!!
Old 06 July 2005, 04:03 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tall Paul
Likewise, except I bought my MY00 X plater just under three years ago and paid quite a bit more than 7k for it

I was born and grew up in Essex though