ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dilema trade in 04 wrx for a 05 STI ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2005, 09:32 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dilema trade in 04 wrx for a 05 STI ?

Ok here is the facts i own a MY04 Wrx should i take up the deal of a STI with PPP ? Love the wrx but would like to know if anyone else has done and what sort of price were they offered on the wrx.

Mine has done 14000 miles mint condition and just 12 months old not even a ding and Uk supplied. The alternative is put PPP on and an Sti spoiler. The mods consist of a Ninja back box and a decent stereo system.

Please help me !!!!

Simpson
Old 30 June 2005, 09:48 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by simpsons !
Ok here is the facts i own a MY04 Wrx should i take up the deal of a STI with PPP ? Love the wrx but would like to know if anyone else has done and what sort of price were they offered on the wrx.

Mine has done 14000 miles mint condition and just 12 months old not even a ding and Uk supplied. The alternative is put PPP on and an Sti spoiler. The mods consist of a Ninja back box and a decent stereo system.

Please help me !!!!

Simpson
I hope this helps a bit , but I bought a MY03 Wrx from local main dealer in April with similar milage for £13,500.After allowing for their mark up etc cancelling out the fact that mine is a year older I'ld guess they might offer you around the same level px ,but I guess it depends on how much they want to shift a new sti

Dave
Old 30 June 2005, 11:27 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

good time to buy if you ask me. 06 out soon
Old 30 June 2005, 11:29 PM
gazzared_typer
Scooby Regular

I did exactly the same thing in March. MY04 WRX (albeit with PPP), traded in for an MY05 STI with PPP. Got them to match a competitive broker price on the STI and got £15.5K on the WRX (though mileage was less at only 8.5k). No free PPP at the time but got free servicing. Whether that was a good deal at the time or not, you never know, but I was pretty pleased with it.

You won't regret doing it
Old 01 July 2005, 06:40 AM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by gazzared_typer
I did exactly the same thing in March. MY04 WRX (albeit with PPP), traded in for an MY05 STI with PPP. Got them to match a competitive broker price on the STI and got £15.5K on the WRX (though mileage was less at only 8.5k). No free PPP at the time but got free servicing. Whether that was a good deal at the time or not, you never know, but I was pretty pleased with it.

You won't regret doing it
What was the broker price on the Sti ? If i'm going to go for this i don't want to have my pants pulled down.
Old 01 July 2005, 11:19 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
What was the broker price on the Sti ? If i'm going to go for this i don't want to have my pants pulled down.
You will have your pants pulled down, what you need to be concerned about is how deep the rogering is!!
Old 01 July 2005, 01:28 PM
gazzared_typer
Scooby Regular

Make sure you wear a belt and braces

I got down to £25k (with mud flaps, mats and full tank) all in.
Old 01 July 2005, 04:22 PM
mid_life_crisis
Scooby Regular

I just did precisely the same thing, traded my 04 WRX PPP for a new 05 STi PPP. Given the looks of the impending 06, and taking the free PPP into account, I’m thrilled with the STi and quite sure I did the right thing.
Old 02 July 2005, 11:20 PM
C8 DHC 04WRX
Scooby Regular

looked at ex-demo sti, dealer asking £24k, wanted my 04wrx + £10k as a deal. Mine done 10k miles + in a1 condition
Old 03 July 2005, 12:03 AM
gazzared_typer
Scooby Regular

That's a good starting point for negotiation. See what he'll do with free PPP etc.
Old 03 July 2005, 12:50 AM
Karl-AL
Scooby Regular

I already have an 05 sti and yesterday i drove wrx for the first time and to be honest the sti is a completely differant car, the handing and the brakes even the power over the wrx are amazing, the wrx i drove had ppp and my sti is standard but the sti felt to have more power.
Get an sti you will not be disappointed.