Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mis sold 01 WRX by dealer. Not PRODRIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 09:49 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mis sold 01 WRX by dealer. Not PRODRIVE!!

Can anyone help me on this. Bought a MY01 WRX last Jan and was told by Subaru dealer that it was a Prodrive model with PPP. All dealers documentation in sale shows car as 'WRX PRODRIVE'. However I had car in at A.S. Performance on Monday and am informed by them that car def does not have PPP fitted. It only has an aftermarket WR Sport Tailpipe. I am obviously gutted and well annoyed that i paid approx £1000 more than I should have. Anyone know where I stand on this as I reckon I deserve compensation. I only rushed into buying as I thought it was PPP.
Old 22 June 2005, 10:17 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Don't think there’s much you can do unless you have it writing that they sold you a PPP car, you would have had a separate certificate if it were.

You could try talking to the person who sold you the car, ask them if they remember telling you it had PPP. Sounds like they have got confused over the difference between "WRX Prodrive" and PPP.

Allan
Old 22 June 2005, 11:44 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dunno. I'd get a solicitor's letter threatening small claims court or at least speak to CAB. I'd be outraged. Trades descriptions act etc. You have been sold a car which is meant to have £1600 worth of extras it just does not have. If you have documentation saying car has ppp, they should definitely be obliged to then fit ppp for you.
Wouldn't be surprised though if dealers thought it was a ppp just from seeing none standard exhaust. In my experience many dealers havn't got a clue about the cars.
Old 23 June 2005, 01:55 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

If i was you, i'd go back to the dealer explain what you have been told about the car definitely not having ppp fitted, and tell them (very calmly) that you are outraged that a main dealer of there calibre and reputation could have made such a terrible mistake, of mis-selling you the car, and if they fit the ppp for you and carry out a full service free of charge, or give you a full refund of the purchase price against another car with ppp fitted, you will be prepared to let the matter drop, and not go to your solicitor, and Subaru customer service's or International Motor's (or whatever the importer is called).
Old 23 June 2005, 05:51 AM
Silver Knight
Scooby Regular

Just try talking to them first without any threats,
Being nice gets more done than getting their backs up.
Old 23 June 2005, 07:21 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

As the chaps have said, do you have the documentation that says it is either a PPP equipped car or a specific Prodrive model? If you don;t, and the salesmen gave you the speil to make it sell, then I'm afarid that while you may have a case with the dealer, it will not go any further than that and you'll take your business elsewhere - and that's all that will happen.
Old 23 June 2005, 12:12 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaunywrx
If i was you, i'd go back to the dealer explain what you have been told about the car definitely not having ppp fitted, and tell them (very calmly) that you are outraged that a main dealer of there calibre and reputation could have made such a terrible mistake, of mis-selling you the car, and if they fit the ppp for you and carry out a full service free of charge, or give you a full refund of the purchase price against another car with ppp fitted, you will be prepared to let the matter drop, and not go to your solicitor, and Subaru customer service's or International Motor's (or whatever the importer is called).

What he said...gather everything you have got from them, which should hopefully have a full description of the car and calmly approach them and discuss it.....

Trending Topics

Old 23 June 2005, 04:29 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Also remember that 'prodrive editions' do NOT come with ppp. They are simply prodrive styled cars with bigger spoiler etc.
Old 23 June 2005, 04:40 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Thanks everbody. Been to dealer today and salesman admits car was sold as having PPP however as car bought 17 months ago he says I could well have just taken the PPP off and could simply be trying it on!!!!! I asked him if they had proof it was ever fitted (which is obviously impossible) and he wasn't sure. Cannot believe a Subaru dealer has this attitude. I have asked for £700 refund from them or I WILL be taking this through the Courts and Subaru, Prodrive, Newspapers etc as well as blackening their name and reputation with all Subaru Clubs. Will let u know outcome.
Old 23 June 2005, 04:44 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

Another thing is, have you classed your car as having PPP with your insurance comapny? If so, you are paying more for no reason. Just another thing to go to them with.
Old 23 June 2005, 05:02 PM
ChrisB

Be carefull, there's a pretty fine line between complaining loudly and libel. Whoever has the bigger legal budget usually wins after that...
Old 23 June 2005, 05:13 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Don't see why it would be impossible to check if the car ever had PPP, surely each upgrade is logged with Subaru or Prodrive ?

Allan
Old 23 June 2005, 05:15 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

700 squid??? if it was advertised with ppp all £1600 of it, i'd want ppp on it plus an FOC service (if you'd trust them?) chucked in as a goodwill gesture or some other form of compo. unless you are planning to sell the car in the not to distant, in which case go for some brass.

is it not recorded when a car has ppp fitted? that would at least tell you if it had ever been fitted to the car.

stevie
Old 23 June 2005, 07:55 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Subaru/IM do have a record of officially fitted ppp's. Therefore they should be pressed. If you need a replacement PPP certificate, the dealer is able to confirm themselves without seeing the car, then get the relevent details and send a certificate, so it CAN be done!

Perhaps Mike Wood/Prodrive may have more info on the recording of fitment...?
Old 23 June 2005, 08:46 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Don't Prodrive put a sticker on the ECU cover? they'd be pushing it to suggest you had gone to the trouble of taking the sticker off that...

Anyway, all PPP's are recorded so a check of the records at Prodrive/Subaru will clear that part up for sure, good luck.
Old 23 June 2005, 08:47 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Be carefull, there's a pretty fine line between complaining loudly and libel. Whoever has the bigger legal budget usually wins after that...
This is exactly the reason the small claims court was setup..