ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Oops, my wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2005, 05:52 PM
DPBEECHWOOD
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oops, my wheels!

Slight accident today in my 05MY STI managed to kerb my front wheel whilst trying to get in a tight parking spot. grrrrrr.... I was not impressed! Spent the rest of the afternoon taking it out on the golf course splaying ***** in all directions. I cant even blame the wife for this heniuos crime at a later date as she was in the passanger seat at the time!
Do Subaru make a touch up gold wheel paint for the Standard STI gold wheels?
If not, what is the best one to get at Halfords....
Thanks
Paul.
Old 21 June 2005, 06:22 PM
WR-Neo
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=DPBEECHWOOD]Slight accident today in my 05MY STI managed to kerb my front wheel whilst trying to get in a tight parking spot. grrrrrr.... I was not impressed! Spent the rest of the afternoon taking it out on the golf course splaying ***** in all directions. I cant even blame the wife for this heniuos crime at a later date as she was in the passanger seat at the time!
Thanks
Paul.

I feel for you mate did exactly the same thing but from the sound of it ,worse Cant bear to look at the car ..... forget paint , replace it
Tony
ps my Mrs was'nt to blame either !
Old 21 June 2005, 07:43 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DPBEECHWOOD
Slight accident today in my 05MY STI managed to kerb my front wheel whilst trying to get in a tight parking spot. grrrrrr.... I was not impressed! Spent the rest of the afternoon taking it out on the golf course splaying ***** in all directions. I cant even blame the wife for this heniuos crime at a later date as she was in the passanger seat at the time!
Thanks
Paul.
I got an exact match from halfords ages ago, forgot to write down the code though
I spent a good 1/2 hour in the car park with all the paint code books to find a match. They mixed up the paint and put it in a rather handy dandy touch-up thingy.
Old 21 June 2005, 09:34 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Paul, there are some relatively cheap MY05 STI wheels for sale in the classified section - might be worth the investment? Mind you that'd be an expensive repair!

Kevin

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 21 June 2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Insert MY05
Old 21 June 2005, 09:52 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that m8, my missus just got her new car, not a scoob though, and kerbed her wheels after 4 days.

Where do you play golf?
Old 22 June 2005, 08:00 AM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

"Motor World" (used to be called "Les Smiths")do a "touch up" pen called "Metallic Gold" it's just over £3 and is a perfect match on MY05 STI
Old 22 June 2005, 09:20 AM
New_scooby_04

Thanks
Paul.
If you can't do it yourself/find the right paint mate, try somewhere like littleknocks. They touched up a small scratch on mine (done by the previous owner...honest!) and made it look like new.

NS04
Old 22 June 2005, 11:29 AM
STi G
Scooby Newbie

Default sti 05 whheels

Thanks
Paul.
just sold brand new set of sti 05 wheels to megamodz for £400 (only covered 3k miles). give him a bell as i think he was only interested in the tyres