Sponsored by:

TEK 3 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2005, 10:08 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TEK 3 Advice

right i have a 2003 wrx i want to tek3 it not really any mods just the dawes boost controller and baileys dump valve, anything else you would rec before the remap and where to get it done and who's the best?
Old 17 June 2005, 10:31 PM
Foxmod
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by explore
right i have a 2003 wrx i want to tek3 it not really any mods just the dawes boost controller and baileys dump valve, anything else you would rec before the remap and where to get it done and who's the best?
It depends on where you are in the country, as to who you go to, around the midlands I'd suggest scoobycinic. Regarding mods I would suggest a full de-cat. Remember a tek3 will only give you the best out of what you have, and the most cost effiective way to get any increase is a De-cat. Other than that is gets pricey and less reliable, things like headers, fuel pumps, fmic bigger injectors turbo etc......

Good Luck!

Dave
Old 17 June 2005, 11:28 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Foxmod
It depends on where you are in the country, as to who you go to, around the midlands I'd suggest scoobycinic. Regarding mods I would suggest a full de-cat. Remember a tek3 will only give you the best out of what you have, and the most cost effiective way to get any increase is a De-cat. Other than that is gets pricey and less reliable, things like headers, fuel pumps, fmic bigger injectors turbo etc......

Good Luck!

Dave
yeah plan'd a decat maybe a bigger fuel pump. also im in the south dorset anyone round here?
Old 18 June 2005, 12:07 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

I would drop the chav valve, it does nothing but make the car sound chavved up tbh. Put the oe recirc back on.

Get rid of the dawes device, this isnt needed when tek 3'ing

As foxmod says, get a full de-cat exhaust system, Scoobysport and Hayword and Scott / scoobyexhausts are the best on the market imo but tbh i wouldnt quibble with the likes of anything say the likes of Scoobyworld or TSL offer. This is defo money well spent before you go tek 3.

I would invest in an Sti panel filter aswell, by far the safest way to let your newly modded car breath forget induction kits for now, just do the panel filter

If you are running say 1.3 boost then you need to upgrade your intercooler hoses (3no.) i would suggest a set of intercooler hoses from say Graham Goode

Finally i would recommend a set of gauges and if running full de-cat i think you should consider an EGT (exhaust gas temp.) gauge. As the car is now going to be running hot, you need to visually see the temp. This is another reason for you to get the de-cat done before , as the mapper will erase the error code that your oe egt gauge shows on the CEL (your cel will come on because the egt will be so hot it wiil fry within a couple of weeks at most). Then you need to get a boost gauge (to see possible boost spikes) and lets say a oil temp gauge, which is always a good thing to have. Convieniently those three could be used and bought as a 3 gauge pod set. The only other gauge you would / could possibly need is an Oil pressure gauge.

I hope that helps as i'm a little inebria. inhebriated...... inebreha.......... Pissed atm
Old 18 June 2005, 07:27 AM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlackadderII
I would drop the chav valve, it does nothing but make the car sound chavved up tbh. Put the oe recirc back on.

Get rid of the dawes device, this isnt needed when tek 3'ing

As foxmod says, get a full de-cat exhaust system, Scoobysport and Hayword and Scott / scoobyexhausts are the best on the market imo but tbh i wouldnt quibble with the likes of anything say the likes of Scoobyworld or TSL offer. This is defo money well spent before you go tek 3.

I would invest in an Sti panel filter aswell, by far the safest way to let your newly modded car breath forget induction kits for now, just do the panel filter

If you are running say 1.3 boost then you need to upgrade your intercooler hoses (3no.) i would suggest a set of intercooler hoses from say Graham Goode

Finally i would recommend a set of gauges and if running full de-cat i think you should consider an EGT (exhaust gas temp.) gauge. As the car is now going to be running hot, you need to visually see the temp. This is another reason for you to get the de-cat done before , as the mapper will erase the error code that your oe egt gauge shows on the CEL (your cel will come on because the egt will be so hot it wiil fry within a couple of weeks at most). Then you need to get a boost gauge (to see possible boost spikes) and lets say a oil temp gauge, which is always a good thing to have. Convieniently those three could be used and bought as a 3 gauge pod set. The only other gauge you would / could possibly need is an Oil pressure gauge.

I hope that helps as i'm a little inebria. inhebriated...... inebreha.......... Pissed atm
yeah thank you very much already got the haywood and scott afterburner vortex just the rear box and have a boost gauge. thank for the ad.