Sponsored by:

Scooby Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2005, 12:39 PM
cptcaveman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby Newbie

I've always wanted a scooby, and finally at 29 I have got my first one, and I am loving it, but I had a couple of questions.

I Picked up my new 05 parallel import wrx last week, and already I've put 500 miles on it, so I am thinking about its first service.

I have heard good things about the aylesbury main dealer, but the watford one (broad's i think) is closer for me. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with them?

Also being a parallel import, what do you think my chances of getting a courtesy car are (yeah I know I might get a slightly frosty reception but I have just got rid of a fraud mondeo, so I'm used to unhelpful dealers).

I have read loads of threads about maltesse (spelling?) imports, but I think mine is from cyprus, has anyone with a similarly imported car managed to get it PPP'd and not had warenty problems. From reading loads of your posts ppp seems to be the way forward, but I don't want to loose 3 years worth of warenty (and given the insurance hike I have just been quoted, it may not be worth it anyway).

Thanks for any help/advice fella's

PS. I am loving the scooby wave that seems to go on between owners
Old 05 June 2005, 06:49 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the club.

You shouldn't have any more difficulty than anybody else getting a courtesy car from a main dealer, just tell them you would like one when you ring up to book it in.

As for the Prodrive pack, as Subaru are giving this away free at the moment there may be a bit of a wait for a non priority customer. (Thats you then)

Just a question though, why did you buy a parallel import? I looked into getting an Sti recently and doing the same, but once you added all the extras such as breakdown cover, free PPP, tracker, AA cover, there really wasn't much difference in buying it from the dealers once you took off their statutory discount?

Daz
Old 05 June 2005, 09:57 PM
cptcaveman
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply,

Well the reason I went for the import was simple.... Money.... A new UK scoob is £20k an import was just under £16k. I got a cat 1 alarm for £350 plus £45 for locking wheel nuts. I already have family RAC cover, so that isn't an issue.

When I ordered it, I hadn't thought about getting it ppp'd but If I do thats an additional £1600 so the max I would be spending to get the car up to brand new uk ppp standard is £18k. I intend to keep the car until after the warrenty runs out, so by that time I can't see the resale value being £2-4k (depending if I gett ppp) less than a UK version.

To me its the same as a uk car, it came from the same factory, the dials are in mph, got an english manual, and all the labels are in english, and I have the same big grin on my face when driving it (at least I will when the 1000 mile service is done). I know its a bit different with the sti's though, because you can't get such a good deal on an import, but for anyone looking for a wrx, I can't as yet see a downside
Old 06 June 2005, 08:00 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

First service only takes about an hour so you could probably wait?

Gary